**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Too powerful for 6*?

TipoTipo Posts: 113
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
When can we expect to get the list of current 5*s who are deemed too powerful for 6* made public?

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,629 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Im hoping there isnt one. Hopefully they learned that lesson from the list of 5* that are supposedly too powerful as a 5*
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    Well they already have Corvus, Ghost and Domino, Void, MCU Cap Marvel, and Nick Fury.... Seems like there adding all the powerful champs
  • Tipo said:

When can we expect to get the list of current 5*s who are deemed too powerful for 6* made public?

I doubt there's "a list" in that sense. There are champions that they are hesitant to add to the 6* pool, but that's not so much a function of the rise in power to 6* and more a function of the content that exists today. Champions are really only as powerful and useful as the content makes them. So whether a champion is something they want to add to the 6* pool is something that can change over time.

They were once worried about Thor, and now they obviously aren't (although they did state that they were not worried over nothing: I recall a Kabam dev stating he is statistically an extremely strong damage dealer in their balance reports, which govern whether a champ is in the acceptable range of performance or not).

But in general Kabam (nor any other game dev) doesn't release or announce such things when they are subject to change at any time. Players tend to make decisions based on those statements and then blame the devs for misleading the players when the situation changes. There's just no benefit in doing it.
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113
    Blade comes to mind and I can’t help but feel we’ve seen the last of his rarities in mcoc. Not trying to start conspiracies I’m just genuinely curios.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 309 ★★
    edited December 2019
    Groot and silver surfer
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    blade , sparky , AA , ghost rider , wolverine , scarlet witch , will be some of the last released 6* far into the future.
  • exeexe Posts: 56
    Hyperion
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,231 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Saiyan said:

Only one that comes to mind is SW. I still thing even with the champs we have she would be on top of the game. Hell a Sig 200 5 star would be great. As Kabam Mike said, he tested a Sig 200 R5 5 star SW and found she was above all champs currently in game. Obviously she's not gonna be better than some champs in some areas but she'd be great overall.

I'm still waiting for that 5 star Wolvie. His damage is wayyy behind these days. All he has is regen which I'll admit would be top tier. Knowing Kabam the plan would be, sell his for units or real money, let people whale out and place nodes or more champs in AQ that he doesn't do well VS. Tho the Ultron Drones and Sentinels aren't his strengths either so idk what they are waiting for.

If a max sig 5/50 SW doesn't outperform the top champions in the game as maxed 4*'s (she doesn't), she wont be doing it at any other tier either.

Sorry but that's just wrong. 5 star charmps scale differently than 4 stars.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

phil56201 said:

Saiyan said:

Only one that comes to mind is SW. I still thing even with the champs we have she would be on top of the game. Hell a Sig 200 5 star would be great. As Kabam Mike said, he tested a Sig 200 R5 5 star SW and found she was above all champs currently in game. Obviously she's not gonna be better than some champs in some areas but she'd be great overall.

I'm still waiting for that 5 star Wolvie. His damage is wayyy behind these days. All he has is regen which I'll admit would be top tier. Knowing Kabam the plan would be, sell his for units or real money, let people whale out and place nodes or more champs in AQ that he doesn't do well VS. Tho the Ultron Drones and Sentinels aren't his strengths either so idk what they are waiting for.

If a max sig 5/50 SW doesn't outperform the top champions in the game as maxed 4*'s (she doesn't), she wont be doing it at any other tier either.

Correct. Everyone pushed the disagree button but didn't dispute what I said. The scaling of a 5/6 Star SW would be VERY different. For 1 her sig levels would be higher meaning easier to get crits. Plus her Fury/Cruelty stacks offer much more due to get levels as a higher ranked champ.

If a 4* SW still cracks out 15k+ SP2s and 3-4k basic hits with little effort and slight luck. I would like to see her as a 5 star one myself. I want her in the game btw, don't think I don't but I just understand why she isn't.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I never understood why they dont add older 6 star champs to the roster if every new champ is getting a 6 star version when on average newer champs are stronger than older due to power creep.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

This whole “SW is too powerful to release as a 5*” is a myth and sales 101 at its finest.

Yes, she can pack a punch and has some other decent utility, but she has no immunities and entire ability set it completely RNG based. There are champions right now that outclass her as maxed 4* champs, so it’s ridiculous to think that as a 5* she’d somehow be more powerful than any of them as 5* champs.

If you want to increase sales of a champ when they’re finally released, you hype them up and make them look like they’ll be the answer to everyone’s problems, and that’s exactly what has been done with Scarlet Witch.

I’d be willing to bet money that there were plans to release Thor, Strange, Scarlet Witch, etc., since they were originally nerfed in 12.0.

Kabam gets a lot wrong, but one thing they get right is selling champs.

When Labyrinth was 1st announced/released, they added a node to specifically target SW (the 4* version that is) called “dulled.”

• Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Kabam: “Scarlet Witch is too powerful to be available in 5* and 6* forms”

Also Kabam: Makes 6* Scarlet Witch boss in Event Quests
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

This whole “SW is too powerful to release as a 5*” is a myth and sales 101 at its finest.

Yes, she can pack a punch and has some other decent utility, but she has no immunities and entire ability set it completely RNG based. There are champions right now that outclass her as maxed 4* champs, so it’s ridiculous to think that as a 5* she’d somehow be more powerful than any of them as 5* champs.

If you want to increase sales of a champ when they’re finally released, you hype them up and make them look like they’ll be the answer to everyone’s problems, and that’s exactly what has been done with Scarlet Witch.

I’d be willing to bet money that there were plans to release Thor, Strange, Scarlet Witch, etc., since they were originally nerfed in 12.0.

Kabam gets a lot wrong, but one thing they get right is selling champs.

They probably meant to say that they dont want such a reliable counter to the champion boss right now. I can def see them adding her to the game when beating the champion becomes a lot more possible
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 950 ★★★
    edited December 2019

phil56201 said:

Saiyan said:

Sorry, you're wrong. There is no set scale from any tier. Some 5* scale better, some scale slower, some scale slower and still wind up equal at max sig. Go to auntmai if you don't believe me. Look at 5* Vision. Scales horribly. He needs to be at sig 140 to be at the same signature ability as a 4* at sig 20. And when they are both max sig, they have exactly the same signature. The 5* doesn't gain any more ability.

SW sig 99 has 85% chaos chance. If she existed as a 5*, at max sig, she would gain a whole 4%. And scale WAY worse. A 5* SW would have to be sig 110 to match a 4* sig 20.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 950 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

phil56201 said:

Saiyan said:

Correct. Everyone pushed the disagree button but didn't dispute what I said. The scaling of a 5/6 Star SW would be VERY different. For 1 her sig levels would be higher meaning easier to get crits. Plus her Fury/Cruelty stacks offer much more due to get levels as a higher ranked champ.

If a 4* SW still cracks out 15k+ SP2s and 3-4k basic hits with little effort and slight luck. I would like to see her as a 5 star one myself. I want her in the game btw, don't think I don't but I just understand why she isn't.
    My 4/40 Corvus is outperforming my 5/50 sig 99 SW even with no missions most times, let alone when he has 2 or 3. And my 5/50 Sparky is ending fights with half as many hits as SW on average.

Even my 4* 3/30 sig 40 Omega Red is out damaging her.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,891 ★★★★★

I’ll be amazed if we ever see a 6* Quake. Her play style breaks their game too much and they won’t want that kind of bypass going forward

I can honestly see that lol just a shame