**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Ideas to improve Man-Thing

I really want to like Man-Thing but absent the ideal match-up he's underwhelming to me. Here's a few ideas to spice him up a little. Keep in mind I'm suggesting implementing one of these ideas not all of them together.

1. Have each debuff reduce ability accuracy by 2%. Maybe that's not the right value but the idea is that most of the time you have a modest AAR.
2. Give him armor shatter after so many armor breaks. Similar to Vision Aarkus. He can't poison robots but he could shatter them giving him uses against a different class of foes.
3. Add a decent incinerate to his SP3. I mean it's in the animation and he could use a little extra damage. This would also give you another option for DOT with poison immune opponents.
4. Increase the values to his Regen and fury in his signature. It's not a must have right now but what if it was so good he was worth an AG.
5. Increase the duration and potency of his agitation. It's really only useful with GR against villians. Either make it easier to get or keep up or make it really worth it once you do.
6. This was suggested a lot when he was released but it'd be cool to see him create a debuff with the combined properties of poison and armor break to bypass poison immunity. He's made to nullify buffs, he has class advantage over cosmic, but so many of them are immune so having so much damage dependent on poison limits the number of ideal match-ups. This would fix it and some champs could still purify or shrug off so immunity isn't necessary for balance.
7. Just up his numbers on attack and leave the rest as is. He wouldn't be amazing but he'd be a lot better.

Honestly, none of these may be the solution but I feel like he's got so much wasted potential. I'm not saying he needs to be game changing beyond god-tier whatever. He just needs to be a little better to be a solid champ. What suggestions do you have to strengthen the savior of the swamp?

Comments

• TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    He’s my only good mystic champ; is he worth a r4 (5*)?
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★

I have him as an unduped 6*, he's not great but he's decent. Almost all mystic champs trade pure damage for utility, ManThing is no different. If you like him rank him up. I have a 5* r5 sig 200 Masacre who I ranked ahead of Blade and Nick Fury.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/SCAZxuoudJk

He doesn’t need to be improved. You just need to learn how to play him. The guy that made the video above has some cool gameplay videos with him
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

I

https://youtu.be/SCAZxuoudJk

He doesn’t need to be improved. You just need to learn how to play him. The guy that made the video above has some cool gameplay videos with him

I've seen that video and he made another one after that which I think better shows off Man-Things potential. I don't think he's a bad or unusable champ. In fact I like him so much I want him to get that extra oomph that make people want to play him. I don't think he needs a major buff or overhaul but I would like to see a way to deal decent damage against the crazy number of poison immune champs out there. If he was another class or his kit didn't focus on nulifying buffs then the immunity wouldn't be a big deal. It's just not a great combination.