**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you happy or disappointed with the anniversary gift?

Comments

• Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Pleased
    If it is free, how and why should you be disappointed? We received a free gift just for logging in. I wouldn't have been disappointed if it was a 3 star and a few level 2 revives. 15k free shards or a 4star at the least. I say thank you to kabam!
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Netiher .. just "meh" .. *shrug*

It's ok .. but nothing special ..
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Pleased
    Mookie said:

A gift should not be completely random. Pieces of poop are a prank you place in a bag and light on fire on a porch, not give to your players that are cavalier.

You're saying you were displeased with a free 5 star hero crystal, that is one of the most ungrateful comments ever. Free is free, they didnt have to give anything. I am usually critical of kabam but this was a free gift to celebrate. Some people are just to hard to please, when I first started playing we didnt get nothing for free.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    Pleased
    Happy with the shards, especially after being disappointed by yesterday's Calendar which I thought was our 5th Anniversary Gift.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Pleased

Disappointed less in the gift and more in that this is my 15th featured and I still haven't pulled Warlock but have pulled every so-so and below champ in the dammed crystal, some twice. Happy RNG!

Edit: Wasn't raised to be a quitter, so I'm going for 16 as soon as I can scrape up 1.7k shards. It's a good idea to sell my 4* right? Right?

Taskmaster ain't too bad tho
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Pleased
    The gift was great. Even tho i got a og cap dup I'm still happy with it
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Pleased
    Shards were amazing. I got a rogue, not jumping with joy, but certainly not disappointed
  • Ajay121Ajay121 Posts: 39
    Pleased
    Lvernon15 said:

Got carnage from a featured, not great for me since I run suicides and not deep wounds, and I’m at the point where a raw damage champ isn’t useful to me, but I’m not complaining, it’s arena points and a bit of fun if I turn off suicides for any reason, could’ve been worse

I got carnage from basic
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Disappointed

Disappointed less in the gift and more in that this is my 15th featured and I still haven't pulled Warlock but have pulled every so-so and below champ in the dammed crystal, some twice. Happy RNG!

Edit: Wasn't raised to be a quitter, so I'm going for 16 as soon as I can scrape up 1.7k shards. It's a good idea to sell my 4* right? Right?

Ain't bad? Is that's what's known as damning with faint praise lol?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Pleased

I meant it as you could of gotten worse
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Disappointed

I meant it as you could of gotten worse
    Agreed. My previous pulls of IF, IP, Juggs, MK and 2 RS do bear this out. Honestly I'd take 15 IP if I could just have 1 Warlock and that's why I will try for number 16.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Pleased

How a broken champ can’t be bad? I would really like to know. 🧐
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    edited December 2019

As a growing player, when u get **** like this, it's pretty damn disappointing.
    This is my 6th 5* and I only use 2 of them for quests. This is my 4th consecutive 5* that I'll probably never use.
    (Starky->Quake->cyclops->magneto -> psylock->taskmaster)
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I’m fine I’m not ungrateful
  • PappaBunnyPappaBunny Posts: 112
    4* Spiderman. not great, not horrible.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Pleased
    It's free but feels so damn better when you work for something and get rewarded my 5 crystal before this free one was a corvus so in happy
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Pleased
    It was free stuff, so I liked it. I didn't even have to do anything extra to get it
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    Pleased
    I am pleased with it. A free 5* is always accepted, even if it’s garbage. My only complaint is we got better compensation for the game being down 12 hours than we did for the 5 year anniversary.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Disappointed
    Everyone who pulled good champs are "pleased"... everyone who pulled meme champs are "disappointed". Everyone else in between...

Basing an anniversary "Gift" on RNG is a trash way to do things.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Disappointed
    With only two poll options, I voted “disappointing,” but I’d characterize the gift more along the lines of “adequate.”

It isn’t anywhere near terrible, even if it’s value is almost entirely outcome-dependent, but it also doesn’t blow me away. I would put it within an acceptable range of potential “gifts.”

I think way too much significance was placed on this being the Fifth Anniversary—as if that somehow carries more weight.

I would still like to have seen something unique done for players who have been here since Dec. 2014 (other than a title). That kind of loyalty/insanity should get its own special badge of honor.

Dr. Zola
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Disappointed

Etjama said:

Overall, disappointed. Kabam needs to stop giving RNG based rewards like this. My already bad 5* roster just got an awakening on Miles Morales (my first 5* awakening btw) and I find that absolutely useless. Meanwhile, I'm looking at people open Warlock's and Nick Fury's. I just used an analogy on another thread and I'ma use the same one here. If you wake up on Christmas to see your friends and family getting Smart Watches, Tablets and Phones as gifts, you're not gonna be happy when you open up a leaf. Sure, it's a gift, and it's free, but it's also useless and everyone else is getting stuff that's way better. So when it comes to RNG based rewards, I'd say we have reason to complain.

So if Kabam gave a free 6* would you still be disappointed.
    No, because at my level, a 6 star is usable no matter who he is, being that he automatically has the power of a R4 5* and I only have 1. But a dupe on Miles Morales is literally something I will never use. And meanwhile, some people are opening champs that I really need for content right now.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Overall, disappointed. Kabam needs to stop giving RNG based rewards like this. My already bad 5* roster just got an awakening on Miles Morales (my first 5* awakening btw) and I find that absolutely useless. Meanwhile, I'm looking at people open Warlock's and Nick Fury's. I just used an analogy on another thread and I'ma use the same one here. If you wake up on Christmas to see your friends and family getting Smart Watches, Tablets and Phones as gifts, you're not gonna be happy when you open up a leaf. Sure, it's a gift, and it's free, but it's also useless and everyone else is getting stuff that's way better. So when it comes to RNG based rewards, I'd say we have reason to complain.

So if Kabam gave a free 6* would you still be disappointed.
    No, because at my level, a 6 star is usable no matter who he is, being that he automatically has the power of a R4 5* and I only have 1. But a dupe on Miles Morales is literally something I will never use. And meanwhile, some people are opening champs that I really need for content right now.
    And at my level a 5* out of the basic pool or current featured does nothing for me since I have them all. Still doesnt mean I'm all up in arms over getting something I didnt already have just gor logging in like I would have anyway
  • MookieMookie Posts: 25
    Disappointed

As a growing player, when u get **** like this, it's pretty damn disappointing.
    This is my 6th 5* and I only use 2 of them for quests. This is my 4th consecutive 5* that I'll probably never use.
    (Starky->Quake->cyclops->magneto -> psylock->taskmaster)

Learn to use Psylocke to power control. Very useful
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    Pleased
    Are people seriously complaining? This was a great gift, even if you pull a trash 5 star this was a good effort on kabams part. Theres a lot of extra things this month so don’t look at them individually, think this is something great IN ADDITION to everything else you’re getting this month. Knowing kabam we could’ve gotten 1,000 shards and 2 5x energy refills and nothing else. This was a good month.
  • Muoio_SubitoMuoio_Subito Posts: 16
    Pleased
    I got 5* Emma
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Disappointed
    I was happier with last years rewards more. Yes, I got a free 15k shards and that was fun to dupe garbage can Red Skull sure, but I would’ve appreciated sig stones more.