**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anniversary Gift Disappointment

124»

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

There are ways to get your opinion across without coming across as a child throwing a tantrum. If a lot of you had come in and simply said "sure some extra shards are great but, I personally don't like the randomness attributed to something like this though". You'd still get your opinion out and certainly would get plenty that disagree but you wouldn't sound like such a spoiled little brat in doing it. No one with any sense is gonna take someone seriously when they storm into a forum talking about it's a spit in the face, an insult, etc...

I didn't take the spit in the face literal but I understand your logic. I think you're a fair guy overall tbh. Using your reasoning I get what you're saying.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

There are ways to get your opinion across without coming across as a child throwing a tantrum. If a lot of you had come in and simply said "sure some extra shards are great but, I personally don't like the randomness attributed to something like this though". You'd still get your opinion out and certainly would get plenty that disagree but you wouldn't sound like such a spoiled little brat in doing it. No one with any sense is gonna take someone seriously when they storm into a forum talking about it's a spit in the face, an insult, etc...

LOL. That was a metaphor for how bad it feels to pull an IP dupe for a 5 year anniversary "gift". It is an insult.

I'm not against Kabam in most cases, as you can see by my history on the forum... This stems from the extreme amount of disappointment I and others are felling today after pulling hot garbage from our "gift".

I honestly would have rather they given me nothing. I would have been less disappointed.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 said:

IcsGrec said:

...They could have very well not given us anything. Would have that been better?...

In all honesty I would rather nothing than my dupe Iron Patriot. I would rather have Miike spit in my face than the disappointment I got from the "gift" after playing for 5 years.

But, yeah. Happy anniversary.
    Of course you'd be saying the opposite if you got something you wanted. 🤷
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Vdh2008 said:

IcsGrec said:

...They could have very well not given us anything. Would have that been better?...

In all honesty I would rather nothing than my dupe Iron Patriot. I would rather have Miike spit in my face than the disappointment I got from the "gift" after playing for 5 years.

I agree that's the POINT I'm trying to make.
    Vdh2008 said:

Vdh2008 said:

IcsGrec said:

I agree that's the POINT I'm trying to make.
    Which doesn't make any sense. Absolutely zero.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Vdh2008 said:

I honestly would have rather they given me nothing. I would have been less disappointed.

That only makes sense if you knew beforehand that you would be getting IP from those shards, otherwise, you'd be on here asking why there wasn't an anniversary gift this year.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Actually, let 'em rant and rave. At some point, they'll either realize that nobody makes them play this game, or they'll keep doing the same thing and repeatedly fall off the cliff like Wile E. Coyote and then wonder what happened

When what happened is we all chose to play a game with RNG elements. You win, you lose. Maturity means that some people will grasp that and move on with their lives. Others are gonna shake their fist at the clouds and be angry that some dude they'll never meet who doesn't care about them at all got something they didn't, like it matters

It's interesting to watch, in this regard: Some people are never gonna be happy playing this game. But they keep right on playing it. They get one thing, want something else.

They get that thing, then want the next thing. Like the hamster in the wheel, if the hamster was too angry to realize that it could stop running at any time

• Stay on topic and constructive. Continuing to argue over wording of something is only going to result in removal of comments and a possible shut down of a discussion.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I'm not the type to complain about free stuff but I can say I was a little disappointed. I had the below idea in my head about the 5 year anniversary for a few months now and how they were going to play around with the number itself.

5* crystal
    Five+5 sig stones
    5* Awakening

Getting 15k shards is something I'll take but the feeling of getting affected by RNG on what is supposed to be your gift is a bit disheartening. I would have much rather "tangible" items at least in terms of what can be tangible in this game.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Free stuff is free stuff. You have no cause to complain about the quantity and/or quality to begin with.

Just remember; Kabam could have easily not given you anything. Bear that in mind before you start ranting over what you feel you are “entitled” to versus what you “received”.

Kabam could in theory, claw back the free gifts. Leave you with nothing. It’s not difficult; they do it all the time with those caught cheating to get Uncollected.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

@Demonzfyre you are really going to tell me that another twenty levels on Loki has the same amount of value as pulling a first time domino or warlock? It simply doesn’t. That’s what makes this gift so frustrating is that while everyone essentially got the same thing if you are cavalier, everyone got wildly different value from it.

So, you prefer a 2*? Everyone got the same value and everyone was equally miserable. Unity in suffering.

Only complaint I would make is it is too much. It is crazy that beating Thanos in act 3 gives you 5* shards. You don't need those at that story progression. Kabam is really inflating the rewards.
  • DynastyDynasty Posts: 30

Thanks for the feedback on this, folks. We really appreciate hearing it even if it's negative.

Well I appreciated the gift!
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

@Demonzfyre you are really going to tell me that another twenty levels on Loki has the same amount of value as pulling a first time domino or warlock? It simply doesn’t. That’s what makes this gift so frustrating is that while everyone essentially got the same thing if you are cavalier, everyone got wildly different value from it.

So, you prefer a 2*? Everyone got the same value and everyone was equally miserable. Unity in suffering.

Only complaint I would make is it is too much. It is crazy that beating Thanos in act 3 gives you 5* shards. You don't need those at that story progression. Kabam is really inflating the rewards.
    Exactly -- getting shards now is easier than ever. You don't like what you got yesterday, won't take long to replace the shards if you're advanced in the game
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★

Vdh2008 said:

IcsGrec said:

If you have really been playing for 5 year an IP dupe wouldnt bother you. People that have been playing for 5 years have rosters that have moved on to 6 stars. I have only been play for about 4 years, an IP dupe to me would have been 275 6 star shards. People who complain over free gifts deserve nothing.
  • AshMoskovAshMoskov Posts: 54
    Five years of anniversary and they still don't know how to appreciate their player
    Tarzan041 said:

Vdh2008 said:

IcsGrec said:

If you have really been playing for 5 year an IP dupe wouldnt bother you. People that have been playing for 5 years have rosters that have moved on to 6 stars. I have only been play for about 4 years, an IP dupe to me would have been 275 6 star shards. People who complain over free gifts deserve nothing.
    4 or 5 years isn't much difference since 5*'s weren't around during those years anyways or at least until close to 2 years or something like that.

I do agree that complaining over free stuff is crazy.
    AshMoskov said:

Five years of anniversary and they still don't know how to appreciate their player

Yet here they are 5 years later-
    One of the top mobile games on the market.
    Highest grossing black Friday game this year.
    New players everyday.

We get a lot compared to other games. The anniversary gift was just fine.
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    The anniversary gift was good. Plus it levels the playing field for all players of the same level. It also gave us the option to save, buy basics or a feat 5* for just logging in. This was a gift. If it cost $ then ppl should weigh in more (Black Friday offers were sweet btw). Good work Kabam!
  • I couldn’t agree more all I got was a 5* captain marvel classic
  • Well I mean Drto is right kabam could just not give us anything
  • GlodeyGlodey Posts: 20
    I mean, I got a 5* namor and havok from the anniversary gift. So I can't complain
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★

I am really disappointed that the anniversary gift was just 15k shards, I was really hoping it'd be something with guaranteed value and not up to RNG. Some people hit it big and pulled champs like Corvus or BWCV, but plenty people are pulling dupes on Iron Patriots or Iron Fists. I myself got useless dupes on my Dorm and Loki, both of whom were already awakened. You can say I am being salty or ungrateful, but I play this game a lot and I put my money into the game too and it is like a slap to the face to have that rewarded with an RNG mess disguised as a 'thanks for playing' gift. Am I alone in this thought or did other people expect something better for this gift?</blockquote
    First of all these 15k shrads are not bad secondly these are free

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Please stop necroing my posts @MADMANDIFFA_69