**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The end of MCOC?

Okay so I been seeing alot of chatter about people worried about mcoc being cancelled or whatever because Kabam is making MROC and I have to say this is absolutely silly... Mcoc made alot of money this year(it's been one of their most profitable games) and to say kabam would throw all this away on a chance for mroc to either work or flop is just silly... If you have seen any of the interviews with the developers they discussed how they want to run the games side by side (sister games like what supercell does with coc and clash Royale)... Long story short MCOC isn't going anywhere anytime soon their profits are up and their fanbase is huge so

Comments

• Patsboy101Patsboy101 Posts: 2
    To add to your point, there’s also that 5-year anniversary trailer which looks like it cost a fair amount, and it would be frankly idiotic to spend that amount of money on a trailer if profits were down.
  • GamerKniteGamerKnite Posts: 181 ★★
    @Patsboy101 yeah honestly while yes they kind of merged the trailer for mcoc and mroc , but let's be honest here , alot of people have invested their time and money into mcoc. Kabam would go down in history as the silliest game company if they shut down mcoc for mroc
    Plus the two games are going to be very different , one is more focused on fighting and aqquiring champions (mcoc). While mroc is focused on customizing and story content
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    edited December 2019
    Mroc is a strategy game where your 3v3 in sync like future fight which are completely boring
  • DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Posts: 151
    They did say in an interview different teams will be in charge of the games. So one doesn't take away from the other.
  • MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143
    Yeah, MCOC isn't ending...but with another, newer game, there is the danger that the programmers with the most passion and best ideas will focus on that new game. MCOC will live...but has it jumped the shark?
  • Massapeal said:

Yeah, MCOC isn't ending...but with another, newer game, there is the danger that the programmers with the most passion and best ideas will focus on that new game. MCOC will live...but has it jumped the shark?

I understand your thinking here, but as it has been said: two different teams. :) MCOC is going to continue to grow as it has been.
    @Kabam Vydious thank you for clarifying this up 😁
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

They are two different games. MCOC isn't going anywhere.

Thank god
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    I don’t know, I talked to Dave in Accounting and he seemed to be under the impression that MCOC had 6 years left
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★

Okay so I been seeing alot of chatter about people worried about mcoc being cancelled or whatever because Kabam is making MROC and I have to say this is absolutely silly... Mcoc made alot of money this year(it's been one of their most profitable games) and to say kabam would throw all this away on a chance for mroc to either work or flop is just silly... If you have seen any of the interviews with the developers they discussed how they want to run the games side by side (sister games like what supercell does with coc and clash Royale)... Long story short MCOC isn't going anywhere anytime soon their profits are up and their fanbase is huge so

When you say "a lot of chatter"...do you mean just some random few people in your alliance?
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

To add to your point, there’s also that 5-year anniversary trailer which looks like it cost a fair amount, and it would be frankly idiotic to spend that amount of money on a trailer if profits were down.

Yeah but half the trailer was more to do with MROC, so one could argue it was more about an INVESTMENT in MROC than anything else.
    @Demonzfyre lol you been on YouTube recently lol that's all I see is those videos popping up
    edited December 2019
    @Demonzfyre but nice joke ;) better luck next time, if you would like I can send some links 🤔 few random people in my alliance 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    @GluteusMaximus yeah I agree , but at the same time , I watched alot if the interviews from comic Con with some of the head developers on MCOC and they discussed on how that already have the next couple years planned 🤔
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    They literally made the most money out of any mobile game this black friday weekend; beating out Clash of Clans, Gardenscapes, and Candy Crush while also spearheading the best performance on mobile platforms EVER.

Quitting now would be stupid...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

@Demonzfyre lol you been on YouTube recently lol that's all I see is those videos popping up

Please tell me you aren't talking about prof hoff.

I watch many youtubers. Not a single one talks about the end of MCOC. Seatin did 1 video about it but it was more tongue in cheek.