Options

Should rank downs be handed out in light of 15.0 and the new aw announcement?

Bonze9Bonze9 Posts: 73
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
I know this has been touched on many times even just since the announcement of 15.0 and the aw changes but I truly believe this needs to have as much discussion and light spread on it as possible. So let's keep the trolling, rants, and childish nonsense at the kids table where it belongs. Now I myself and many like me ranked up champions for specific nodes in this aw setup. I took a unduped Nightcrawler to r5 for the left miniboss node. I don't like using him, nor is he any help to my personal prestige. I did it to be a team player and help my alliance. Many others have made the same sacrifices. I'm not saying we should be handed a bunch of rankdowns. Maybe only one even. But I believe if Kabam is going to change a large aspect of the game some sort of compensation should be given to reset for the new setup. I myself am a paying player. Maybe not like the big spenders of this game but I still pay a good chunk of what I can to play this game and resources don't come easy so taking a champ to r5 is no small accomplishment. Also added into the equation should be the announcement of 6* champions. So as stated above let's keep this professional ladies and gentlemen, and get some much needed attention brought to this aspect of our game! Thank you for your time!

Should rank downs be handed out in light of 15.0 and the new aw announcement? 200 votes

Yes
62%
DaMunkLegendary_GattoArtOfKhaosVdh2008NevvBvrtoRagamugginGunnerRB6942KevinFF1961EvilEmpireSnizzbarWhiteBishopSlowDigzBadroseBendyStrategicRenegade_DoggyTimone147MRod77Harcourtmaze 125 votes
No
37%
DNA3000GroundedWisdomDL864winterthurGamerEFloFoShoWolfeNo_More_HeroesMcord11758SolswerdWhododo872danielmathGimli_SoGFthewiggKronos987654321SirnoobEb0ny-O-M4wJaffacakedMegaSkater67Rvz 75 votes
«1

Comments

  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    No
    Is this going to be a daily topic of discussion? The more people post regarding the same issue, the more the mods tend to ignore it. You are hurting your own cause.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    No
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Is this going to be a daily topic of discussion? The more people post regarding the same issue, the more the mods tend to ignore it. You are hurting your own cause.

    Going to be? people have been trying to find ways to get more tickets since they dropped this is just the latest attempt
  • Options
    Yes
    Hell bloody yes. Main reason I ranked a few champs were for thorns.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yes
    YES indirect nerfing is still nerfing
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    No
    The debate for thorns has some truth behind it but still not worth rdts. Even if they were they have said SO many times that they won't release them
  • Options
    ScorpiodsuScorpiodsu Posts: 21
    I don't think rank downs should be given out because of the upcoming changes. However, I think they should be apart of the game and awarded when completing some of the harder EQ and SQ events.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    No
    Cap253 wrote: »
    The debate for thorns has some truth behind it but still not worth rdts. Even if they were they have said SO many times that they won't release them

    Why is this idiot jailed?

    Do you have a counter argument? Not sure what you're hoping for with that comment. I'm not the one not giving you RDTs so take your anger out on someone else
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Only champion specific rdts no class or generic, antman, colossus, luke cage, hb and defensive ability accuracy champs whose sole purpose is to reduce defensive ability accuracy. Rdts shouldn't allot you to completely change your roster just give you the option to take champs that were directly or indirectly changed down
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,891 ★★★★★
    No
    I want rank up tickets since rank down will not be given out.
  • Options
    Yes
    How about rank down tickets for pure skill still broken while we r at it
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Yes
    By introducing the 6s, they are going to nerf the WHOLE 4s CLASS in the game, so hell yes! Maybe you still have to realize how the game will change and how useless a 4s will be against new 6s. Because hey, in case you didn't think about it yet, they are not introducing 6s only as playable character but you will also have to face them! And it will be like playing with a 3s against a 5s! And so, what about every T4CC catalyst spent for out 4s R5?

    WAKE UP!
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    No
    Clever! People just want their t2as back so they can r5 their 5*s when t5bs are released. I remember when I was advocating for it when they had broke champs for months. Didn't get your support then, so you won't get mine now. Lol. Good luck with this though!
  • Options
    AnjiAnji Posts: 19
    Yes
    It is much needed to re align players .
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,049 ★★★★★
    No
    HELL NO, shouldn't do anything that cheats players
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    No
    As they've already said, they've explained their position on RDTs. I have to agree that it doesn't warrant RDTs because no Champs are being altered.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yes
    Honestly I wish kabam would just have rdt in cash offers it would be the best compromise for both party's, they understandably want to adjust values to keep the game fresh and players are understandably frustrated when one of their main champs takes the hit. The guys who ranked ant man for thorns probably need to get checked for brain damage tho. Whether thorns got nerfed or not you invested your t2a foolishly and its hard to have sympathy for that. Having said that if deep wounds was suddenly nerfed then my 5*r4 BP would be indirectly nerfed and I guess I would have to hear the same **** from the kabam fluffers that BP wasn't touched and I have no case either even tho I invested heavily in both the champ and mastery and would be left with 50 cents on the dollar of my investment. I have said many times in different threads that it would be easy to manipulate the values of champs without changing their function but simply how the surroundings function. This is a nerf it's just the type that allows the argument that it's not.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Yes
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    By introducing the 6s, they are going to nerf the WHOLE 4s CLASS in the game, so hell yes! Maybe you still have to realize how the game will change and how useless a 4s will be against new 6s. Because hey, in case you didn't think about it yet, they are not introducing 6s only as playable character but you will also have to face them! And it will be like playing with a 3s against a 5s! And so, what about every T4CC catalyst spent for out 4s R5?

    WAKE UP!

    Yep and what about every 3 star we ranked up before 4 stars came out?
    You're argument is voided please try again.

    Come on son! Get outta here with that jibber jabber!

    Oh, here comes the smart guy. Tell me how many T4 catalysts have you ever used for ranking a 3s and then try again using some brain this time. Again, wake up.
  • Options
    KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Yes
    As they've already said, they've explained their position on RDTs. I have to agree that it doesn't warrant RDTs because no Champs are being altered.

    I disagree with you there, people ranked ant man up for no other reason than thorns, if thorns gets taken away, what use will that 4/55 Ant-Man have now
  • Options
    Bonze9Bonze9 Posts: 73
    Yes
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    By introducing the 6s, they are going to nerf the WHOLE 4s CLASS in the game, so hell yes! Maybe you still have to realize how the game will change and how useless a 4s will be against new 6s. Because hey, in case you didn't think about it yet, they are not introducing 6s only as playable character but you will also have to face them! And it will be like playing with a 3s against a 5s! And so, what about every T4CC catalyst spent for out 4s R5?

    WAKE UP!

    Yep and what about every 3 star we ranked up before 4 stars came out?
    You're argument is voided please try again.

    Come on son! Get outta here with that jibber jabber!

    I've been playing this game from the beginning please tell me, at what point were there no 4*s....

    On another note most of the people in this thread have voiced there opinions in very respectable manners. Others not so much. Stop being tools and either contribute wisely or keep it to yourself. Someone said I was only hurting my cause. Okay maybe. But what hurts my and others causes is people being rude on threads like this and destroying any credibility for EITHER side. So like I asked in my op please let's keep it professional guys! Thanks again for weighing in! No matter what side of the fence you are on!
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,049 ★★★★★
    No
    KingOfMcoc wrote: »
    As they've already said, they've explained their position on RDTs. I have to agree that it doesn't warrant RDTs because no Champs are being altered.

    I disagree with you there, people ranked ant man up for no other reason than thorns, if thorns gets taken away, what use will that 4/55 Ant-Man have now

    Why does stupidity need to get rewarded though? Those players got higher prestige from the rankup which got them better AQ rewards then players who tried to manage their resources.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    No
    KingOfMcoc wrote: »
    As they've already said, they've explained their position on RDTs. I have to agree that it doesn't warrant RDTs because no Champs are being altered.

    I disagree with you there, people ranked ant man up for no other reason than thorns, if thorns gets taken away, what use will that 4/55 Ant-Man have now

    Who people Rank is entirely up to them. Ant-Man still performs the same whether the Node is in War or not. Nothing is being changed about the Champ, and RDTs are only intended for changes to the Champs themselves, not content. The issue has already been answered here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17932/removal-of-thorns-a-new-case-for-rank-down-tickets#latest
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    No
    1. Rank up Ant man is your choice. And I don't even know why would you r5 4* or r4 5* a champ that get 2 kills if you are lucky and half the opponent health on any other day.
    2. If your alliance force you to r4 your 5* ant man, you gonna have more problems in there than my ant man is useless, since the leader and officer will now force you to rank up even crappier champs for diversity.
    3. if you rank up Black Widow or Falcon and now want to rank down them to rank up your newly obtained Gwenpool then it's cheating.
  • Options
    WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Yes
    I just said yes because yes.
  • Options
    KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Yes
    weavile wrote: »
    1. Rank up Ant man is your choice. And I don't even know why would you r5 4* or r4 5* a champ that get 2 kills if you are lucky and half the opponent health on any other day.
    2. If your alliance force you to r4 your 5* ant man, you gonna have more problems in there than my ant man is useless, since the leader and officer will now force you to rank up even crappier champs for diversity.
    3. if you rank up Black Widow or Falcon and now want to rank down them to rank up your newly obtained Gwenpool then it's cheating.

    How exactly is that cheating? Players choice is it not

  • Options
    DefJ123DefJ123 Posts: 54
    Yes
    Do I want then to? Yes.
    Will Kabam hand them out? 99.5% chance of no.
Sign In or Register to comment.