**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

1 star champions

Comments

• Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    nOux said:

Then also provide option to sell 5/6 star champs like you did with 1/2/3/4* why such bias with 5/6 stars
    This is a pure cash grab by reversing the odds of getting lower tiered champs in crystal

Either apply such drop rates to PHC also or don’t apply it to 1* crystals

Pure hypocrisy by developers
    They never left a single way to earn money

Talking about hypocrisy, U will sell your 5* and when kabam make something similar that u need specific 5* to complete content what u going to do then? Come and complain about it on forums again? No one is forcing you to buy those crystals, they will be available to obtain in different ways in the future. U dont want to buy, u dont want to wait... stop acting like spoiled child. This is getting ridiculous.
    Just explain the concept of making lower tiered champs saleable.
    Don’t go deep in such discussions of complaining etc.
    Just answer the simple question.. why lower tiered champs are allowed to be sold?
  • Options
    nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Why are people complaining about those 50unit crystals? in arena only doing milestones one round u get 550 units. Plus arena crystals bought by battlechips will get u much more units on top of those 550. And to do 100% u only need 2 1* champions, bleed immune and hulk.

Its the most easiest variant out there, it’s basically free rewards if u have those 2 champions. Compared how much u will spend on revives doing variant 1 its pocket change.
  • Options

nOux said:

Then also provide option to sell 5/6 star champs like you did with 1/2/3/4* why such bias with 5/6 stars
    This is a pure cash grab by reversing the odds of getting lower tiered champs in crystal

Talking about hypocrisy, U will sell your 5* and when kabam make something similar that u need specific 5* to complete content what u going to do then? Come and complain about it on forums again? No one is forcing you to buy those crystals, they will be available to obtain in different ways in the future. U dont want to buy, u dont want to wait... stop acting like spoiled child. This is getting ridiculous.
    Just answer the simple question.. why lower tiered champs are allowed to be sold?
    Its very simple, demand is for 1* champion not for 2*. And right now thats the only way to get 1* champion. Thahts the reason why chance to get more demanding champion is lower. I mean its not a rocket science to understand that.
  • Options

nOux said:

Blink once if there is Kabam employee next to your with a gun and forcing u to buy that crystal. I will send some help
  • Options
    nOux said:

Why are people complaining about those 50unit crystals? in arena only doing milestones one round u get 550 units. Plus arena crystals bought by battlechips will get u much more units on top of those 550. And to do 100% u only need 2 1* champions, bleed immune and hulk.

Its the most easiest variant out there, it’s basically free rewards if u have those 2 champions. Compared how much u will spend on revives doing variant 1 its pocket change.

I just need a simple answer of above mentioned question and you shifting it to grinding arenas etc.

By your logic it’s like keep opening 5* and if you are lucky then you’ll get Aegon and you can do LOL easily. (Dont you know the RNG is such a stupid thing and even after spending 1000s of units what if you don’t get the required champ huh)

Still waiting for the answer: why lower tiered champs are allowed to be sold in first place
  • Options
    Im playing this game for a while now and i cant pull decent bleed 5* champion to kill medusa boss on 6.3.1. Should i create a post about it and complain?
  • Options
    nOux said:

Im playing this game for a while now and i cant pull decent bleed 5* champion to kill medusa boss on 6.3.1. Should i create a post about it and complain?

Okay so the chances of you pulling a decent bleed champs in 5* is equivalent to pulling 1* hulk in such crystals. Wow hands down
  • Options

nOux said:

I just need a simple answer of above mentioned question and you shifting it to grinding arenas etc.

By your logic it’s like keep opening 5* and if you are lucky then you’ll get Aegon and you can do LOL easily. (Dont you know the RNG is such a stupid thing and even after spending 1000s of units what if you don’t get the required champ huh)

Still waiting for the answer: why lower tiered champs are allowed to be sold in first place
    Because there is demand for them, thats why they are sold.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

nOux said:

They are allowed for one reason. To give you the option to choose. Whether you choose to build a solid, long term roster ready for every possible challenge, whether you choose to play smart*ss and sell, in order to take advantage over competition and finally realize your choice turned to be a dumb choice. If u don’t have 2*s or 1*s then you probably not ready for the content. Go play the game, make your roster stronger and come back to smash your opponents. 🤣
  • Options
    nOux said:

nOux said:

This demand is artificially created in order to drain the resources of players. And the thing which is not in use in 5 years suddenly became too important wow. Even a simple machine gets depreciated and have no use in such a period and you tend to sell it out in order to compete with the environmental changes.
    The anger is because there’s no mean to get these 1* except crystals . If they are available in PHC then it would be a lot easier for players. You can get back any tier champs in normal crystals but not 1* and whole the discussion revolves around this only
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 466 ★★★
    I agree with both sides of the argument. You shouldn't have sold your champs, that's your fault. But a 50 unit crystal really shouldn't have a lower drop rate for the worst champions in the game, especially when the only reason why it's there is so players can get 1*s again.
  • Options

nOux said:

nOux said:

This demand is artificially created in order to drain the resources of players. And the thing which is not in use in 5 years suddenly became too important wow. Even a simple machine gets depreciated and have no use in such a period and you tend to sell it out in order to compete with the environmental changes.
    The anger is because there’s no mean to get these 1* except crystals . If they are available in PHC then it would be a lot easier for players. You can get back any tier champs in normal crystals but not 1* and whole the discussion revolves around this only
    Dont buy them. Wait some time till they will be available to obtain in other means, like events arenas in the future. U will save some units. In the mean time go try to do v1 100% and see How much units u will spend on revives. U will be happy that getting that 1* champion and doing v4 100% is 10x cheaper then exploring v1.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Btw hulk is needed to do 100% v4. U can do initial run with any 1* champion.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Also, the will run another event with the Collector Crystals that you get for 1-on-1 Arena matches... They only have the 1* and 2* champs. So, the complaining is from the immediate problem from a past mistake. No one knows if they will also have events that feature Hero Crystals. Much like the impatience that led to people selling champs, there is impatience when those champs are needed and those players do not have them.

I have played for over 4 years and never sold a champ... I remember when alliances would place a 1* defense with a good boss back when you can see your opposing team during the placement phase in order to reduce cost.

There will be opportunities to acquire 1*’s without buying the 50 units crystal. But if you really need to buy them, grind the arenas.
  • Options
    nOux said:

Yep, and he is only needed for 1 full path and 2 mini-boss fights on 2 paths that link to Mordo. Most of the content can be completed... it is the 10-12 long fights having to use Vision.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    All these endgame players aren't helping their case by rushing to buy these crystals. This is permanent content. If u arent happy with the cost or drop rates why rush to buy them. If enough ppl weren't purchasing the crystals Kabam would either have to adjust the cost or drop rates. What good is complaining about it and still buying what u dont like? Its not like the content won't be there in 6 months to complete? Be never understood the rush to finish content the first few weeks it comes out. Ive got the champs needed do this doesn't really matter to me, I'm just not quite happy with the drop rates getting switched on crystals.
  • Options
    tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    edited December 2019
    Seatin is well respected and is on point with this video. Kabam has deleted the sell button of five stars because it is not profitable to them. It is no secret that they are making big profit off this 50 unit 2* crystal( it is not a 1* crystal).
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

The post is getting redundant and old.

Every post on this thread (including yours) bumps it to the top of the page and keeps it fresh 🤔
  • Options
    simula67simula67 Posts: 49
    edited December 2019
    DNA3000 said:

It is if you believe the Variant content was designed only for the options that exist now. It tells Seatin that the game developers are dumb. It tells me that better options are going to come along, and I can either power through with what I have now or wait for them to arrive.

Kabam hasn't added a new 1-star champion in five years. What makes you think they will now?

I think you'll be waiting forever.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    I've been playing MCOC since July 2018 (a little before Gwenpool goes to the movies) - I got the six basic 1* champs over time when I started out - colossus, black panther, scarlet witch, hulk, gamora and og vision - never sold any. Never got spidey, wolverine, vison AOU, iron man etc. I sold a few 2* before I found reddit and then this forum and youtubers...nothing in the game warned me about selling champs, so naturally when I got a 3 start of someone I sold the 2*. Luckily those were easy to recover.

All these holier-than-thou attitudes about not selling champions ever miss the point *whoosh* - unless you were luckily enough to be invited into the game by a veteran player, or found a community quickly you'd never know the possible down sides of using the sell button provided to you in game. I only stumbled unto this app because my son wanted a marvel game to play. I didn't even understand the difference between generic and class iso until I found reddit. Same with alliances - discovered that on global chat, and its real benefit on reddit.

Kabam should remove that sell button until players reach a certain level (eg the same where you are allowed to autofight) - gives them time to understand the impact of all the options in the game.

THAT would be a pro-player move. Not leaving a gimped 1* colossus banging around in the doldrums.

edit: to say I have the roster needed to explore v4. I've already completed it, but unlike others I'm not gloating because others progressed too quickly (the newer players who get locked out of old daily crystals with each milestone reached) or sold their champs 4+ years ago when they were redundant.
  • Options
    Jaina97Jaina97 Posts: 59

Snizzbar said:

The post is getting redundant and old.

Every post on this thread (including yours) bumps it to the top of the page and keeps it fresh 🤔
    Well we don’t want that anymore.
    Speak for yourself. Plenty of people care about problems that are relevant to them.
  • Options

Jaina97 said:

Jaina97 said:

Jaina97 said:

It's pretty simple. I've think I sold a 2* but I've never sold a champ since. This is a way to reward people for the way they play the game.

What part of "Watch the video" did you not understand? He talks about newer accounts not pulling more than the 2 1 stars you get in the first 15 minutes of playing. And that's a big problem seeing as you need atleast 2 separate champions for exploration.
    Newer Accounts don't really need to worry about Variant 4. It's also a different perspective when you're starting another Account after already playing for X amount of years.
    Based on your deep knowledge of the game? I am 2 weeks away from being ready to do v4 and I started 6 months ago. Like I said earlier, it's not even that new and still I have this problem. Its not like the other variants, the hardest bits are saturated early on.
    Based on the fact that people starting out have a normative level of progression that isn't the same as others making Alts with more game experience. My own experience supports the fact that it's not a given that we should have everything we need readily available when new content is released. That's not a requirement for good design. In fact, creating content that is for a specific demographic pretty much dictates that some will have what they need, and others will have to acquire it later on.
    This is the most noob friendly variant yet. And noobs are the ones getting most shafted. Those two are contradictory sets of occurrences which makes it really silly that they exist together.
    Noob-friendly Variant is a bit of a contradiction. These are designed with End-Game in mind.
    Oh please. As soon as I'm done rebuilding my stash after using it to explore 5.4, I'm diving straight in to get completion finished. 200k base hero rating is very much noob in 2019.
  • Options

I watched his rant before reading this post. You still shouldn’t have sold your champs. At the end of the day, it was the player’s choice for selling their roster. Whether it was to reduce the amount of scrolling or for crystals, that was their decision. It turns out that they made a poor choice.

We are mostly adults, and if not you love and learn. It is not a “cash grab”. There are events that have crystals for these 1* and 2* champs (like when they ran Gwenpool goes to the movies). V4 is permanent content and it will be there when you reacquire the champs needed and rank them back up.

I don’t see why a player like me that never sold a champ needs to feel pity or shame for those that were either greedy for the shards or too lazy to press their filter on their Champion lists. You made a decision and ended up hurting yourself. Look in the mirror if you are upset as you are the only one to blame for your choices. Kabam, and no one else, didn’t force you to sell your champs.

That's why I said watch the last few minutes. He touches on a very real issue about new accounts simply not getting too many chances to build a 1 star roster. I'm not saying that people that sold their champions should get a free pass. But something should be done for people that never got them in the first place.
  • Options

nOux said:

nOux said:

Becomes so important? It isn’t like this is in order to complete an event que

Wrong... the reason the blocked 5* selling was to prevent the acquisition of 6* shards. It wasn’t a biased so much as they wanted to make 6*’s rare and take time to acquire. They stated this with the release of 6*’s.
  • Options
    Jaina97 said:

I watched his rant before reading this post. You still shouldn’t have sold your champs. At the end of the day, it was the player’s choice for selling their roster. Whether it was to reduce the amount of scrolling or for crystals, that was their decision. It turns out that they made a poor choice.

We are mostly adults, and if not you love and learn. It is not a “cash grab”. There are events that have crystals for these 1* and 2* champs (like when they ran Gwenpool goes to the movies). V4 is permanent content and it will be there when you reacquire the champs needed and rank them back up.

I don’t see why a player like me that never sold a champ needs to feel pity or shame for those that were either greedy for the shards or too lazy to press their filter on their Champion lists. You made a decision and ended up hurting yourself. Look in the mirror if you are upset as you are the only one to blame for your choices. Kabam, and no one else, didn’t force you to sell your champs.

That's why I said watch the last few minutes. He touches on a very real issue about new accounts simply not getting too many chances to build a 1 star roster. I'm not saying that people that sold their champions should get a free pass. But something should be done for people that never got them in the first place.
    If you speed run through content, no... but, you have time to acquire these champs as the game continues. Starting an account in 2018-2019 and comparing to the opportunities of an account started in 2015-2016 is silly, and it is not a valid argument.

Look at yourself for speeding through content just to unlock end game content and cavalier. There will be opportunities to get these 1* that do not require units. You need to learn patience...

Please, let’s be adults about this. If you are impatient, Kabam offers a unit deal. It is not a cash grab. At the end of the day, you decide to pay money, grind arena or wait for an event where you can grind 1*’s for free. Claiming Kabam providing an option that allows people an option is a cash grab is biased and disingenuous at best. It is completely ignorant of the actual options available.

Sorry you can’t see that.
  • Options
    Jaina97 said:

At the end of the day, the player is the one that decided to rush through content. Comparing an account that started in 2015-2016 to one that started in 2018-2019 is silly. Stating they didn’t have the availability to 1* is because of their decision to speed through content. They only looked at cavalier and 6* and were impatient. That is not Kabam’s fault.

Kabam offered the unit deal, but you do not have to pay money. Spend time grinding arena for units for free attempts at a 1*. Or wait for an event where you can get collector crystals for free. The bottom line issue is the player’s impatience and not the availability of 1* champs.

Seating last few minutes are biased and discount the reality that people do not have to pay which doesn’t make it a cash grab. Calling it a cash grab is disingenuous at best. Let’s be a little more adult about the situation and look at all the options then immediately slurring a company due to our individual personality traits/flaws.
  • Options
    nOux said:

Lel
    I’ve already completed it and explored the first two quests along with 3.1 100%
    But not gonna explore it without hulk fully
    So please