**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My First R5. Anybody Else Have Him At R5?

13»

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I guess my point is this: Ghost can be/is the best character in the game. I am totally fine with that.

But what if you don't want to play with Ghost?

Shouldn't a few more characters be at least within shouting distance in DPS and utility, so if you don't want to, you don't get penalized too heavily for choosing to do something different?
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    He honestly surpasses Ghost and HYPERION with his Hela synergy. When FACE ME activates he gains 400% attack rating or some like that, I think
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

He honestly surpasses Ghost and HYPERION with his Hela synergy. When FACE ME activates he gains 400% attack rating or some like that, I think

Great, what about the 99% of fights that don't activate Face Me?
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited December 2019

Took me quite a while to decide between him, Hyp & Ghost, but I'm definitely happy with my decision. Anybody else in the R5 Gulk club?

Ghost, Hype, and him but you go with Gulk? Yikes
    Why do you ALWAYS have to be a clown and say something like this? Let people do what they want without berrating them. It's not your account.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Great, what about the 99% of fights that don't activate Face Me?
    A majority of fights in endgame content do not have passive debuff nodes. I would say 85% of the fights don't have them not including global nodes like the one in 6.1.1. Gulk is definitely a niche champs and lacks the utility and raw damage to be priority champ. I would even go to say that OG Hulk, She Hulk, and Red Hulk have more value in those contents.
    I've 100% completed literally everything in this game. This is an incorrect statement.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

But Ghost can hit 50k + with each attack on her SP2 (Guaranteed crits) with capped damage. That's 150k with capped damage. She can do that in any fight. No, Gulk does not surpass ghost even with face me.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    ẞlооd said:

Took me quite a while to decide between him, Hyp & Ghost, but I'm definitely happy with my decision. Anybody else in the R5 Gulk club?

Why do you ALWAYS have to be a clown and say something like this? Let people do what they want without berrating them. It's not your account.
    I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything nor do I have the ability to do so if I wanted. If you don't want people to disagree with what you've done, keep it to yourself and dont put it in a public space looking for feedback then.

Some of you might think having a little echo chamber that congratulates poor decisions is fun. I'm obviously not one of those people. But seeing as how you obviously have a problem with my opinions in particular, it seems odd that you'd try to get me to continue to post in this thread by replying to something I said as opposed to ignoring it
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    He's one of my fully maxed 5/65 5*s, and absolutely 0 regrets.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

Lol ghulk is a solid champ but he's definitely not better than ghost
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

How is it a bad choice if it's helping me towards my goals? I chose Gulk so he could help me w/ V2 and to become Caviler. Since ranking him up, I've done one pass of 6.1.1 and 6.1.2, breezed through this month's UC EQ, and made progress on V2.

Spoiler alert, but 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 are laughably easy for completion (especially with a Gulk for 6.1.4). The only challenge you have left is dealing with Omega Red, cause hype can solo Sentinel if you play patiently. Get yourself Cavalier before Wednesday and you may just get some extra shards for the anniversary gift 🤫
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

ẞlооd said:

I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything nor do I have the ability to do so if I wanted. If you don't want people to disagree with what you've done, keep it to yourself and dont put it in a public space looking for feedback then.

Some of you might think having a little echo chamber that congratulates poor decisions is fun. I'm obviously not one of those people. But seeing as how you obviously have a problem with my opinions in particular, it seems odd that you'd try to get me to continue to post in this thread by replying to something I said as opposed to ignoring it
    I just wanted to know why. Now I do.
  • Scouse92Scouse92 Posts: 26
    My first 5* r5 was today too was conflicted between Corvus glave and dr voodoo I ending up going with Corvus after having a test run with him one word ... niiiiicccceeee
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★

ẞlооd said:

When it comes to ranking up there is no such thing as a poor decision