**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why CAPIW’s Petrify is not working for power gain

Is this intended or a bug? Or this was always like this? Sig ability says %25 petrify. We all know what petrify is. Void and Shehulk can reverse the power gain or healing process. Why this is not FULLY working for capiw?

Comments

• theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    CodeOmega said:

Did you have 4 petrify debuffs up? Otherwise you need despair to reverse/stop the power gain completely

No it’s not slowing it. I don’t need to reverse or stop completely. A little slow would work.
    Is this gonna take attention? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Please at least say something. Tell me this is intended or not intended. Petrify debuff is explained in other champs crystal clear, why capiw can’t slow stop or reverse power gain with this debuff?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    25% is only small if u want it reduced u want to at least have 3
    Dude... I know that.

I recorded a video that even 5 petrifies don’t reduce, reverse or even slow DS’s power gain.

Hey there, do you have any video of what you're seeing? If not, could you provide any screenshots or describe the events of the fight? Or could you tell us who you were fighting, what nodes were present, who was on your team, or how many Petrify Debuffs you had on the opponent at the time?

Ok I have a TEST video that I fought with my 5/65 CAPIW MAX SIG against stun immune All or Nothing Doctor Strange. I will upload the full vid to here as soon as possible.

5 petrifies are not reversing his power gain, not even slowing.
    edited December 2019

Here’s a lil gif from that vid
    Tech synergy ✅
    Max sig ✅

@Kabam Zibiit
    Agentk said:

Here’s a lil gif from that vid
    Tech synergy ✅
    Max sig ✅

@Kabam Zibiit

Is that against a doctor strange with 100 improved passive powergain if so he’d still have his normal power gain
    No it’s not. It’s RTTL 4.3 AoN DS.

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I noticed the same thing in 6.3.5, with R5 sig 200 CapIW, tech and Cosmic on the team. Was against Power Shield, Do You Burn, Redoubled Determination (extra powergain per debuff) and even with a good amount of Petrify (3-4) he was still gaining a ton of power.

I noticed the same thing in 6.3.5, with R5 sig 200 CapIW, tech and Cosmic on the team. Was against Power Shield, Do You Burn, Redoubled Determination (extra powergain per debuff) and even with a good amount of Petrify (3-4) he was still gaining a ton of power.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. People are bringing their voids to reverse these annoying power gain nodes. However Capiw has the same exact ability with less percentage. I mean Petrify is petrify right?
  • We'll pass this along to the rest of the team. If possible, could you please share the entire video? You can post it to youtube and then post a link to it here is need be.

We'll pass this along to the rest of the team. If possible, could you please share the entire video? You can post it to youtube and then post a link to it here is need be.

Of course. ASAP. no worries
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    To my knowledge, doesn't petrify only work against power gain buffs? i don't think petrify ever worked against passive power gains.

To my knowledge, doesn't petrify only work against power gain buffs? i don't think petrify ever worked against passive power gains.

I’ll pretend I didn’t see that.
    edited December 2019
    Ok, i see where you are coming from and i admit my mistake. However, should petrify also reduce the power the opponent gets from getting hit by basic attacks? reading she-hulk's petrify for example it says reduce regeneration and power gain rate etc. Does getting hit by basic attacks not count as power gain rate?

Ok, i see where you are coming from and i admit my mistake. However, should petrify also reduce the power the opponent gets from getting hit by basic attacks? reading she-hulk's petrify for example it says reduce regeneration and power gain rate etc. Does getting hit by basic attacks not count as power gain rate?

No. It only includes passive and active “power gain”, if it was power rate you’d be right but it says Power Gain. Gaining power comes from other sources out of hitting the opponent or getting hit.
    @Kabam Zibiit you guys can see the full video of the fight here.

AON DS.
    No extra power gain
    Spite.

No spite is triggered during the fight. Check the vid and decide yourselves. Thank you for your interest btw.

Despair only reduces regen and has 0 to do with powergain

We are discussing petrify, not despair lol. 2 completely different effects.

Despair only reduces regen and has 0 to do with powergain

Dude.. why..?
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Void also does not seem to be working correctly.
    gforcefan said:

Void also does not seem to be working correctly.

I don’t have void but they’ll tell you to record a vid and tell the nodes etc.
  • I have a video of this bug using Cap IW s200 against a Doctor Strange with no local/incoming nodes, with up to 5 petrifies and 10 other debuffs. I will post it soon when I get a chance.
  • Hey there the team is still looking into the new reports. Once we have more information to share, we will update here.
  • https://youtu.be/3K74COH8-70

@Kabam Zibiit here is my video. This is a 5/65 Cap IW S200 with a science, cosmic and tech champion on the team. This is the Doctor Strange in the Halls of Heroes quest. He has no additional nodes.

Hey there the team is still looking into the new reports. Once we have more information to share, we will update here.

thank you for being here for us man.
  • https://youtu.be/3K74COH8-70

@Kabam Zibiit here is my video. This is a 5/65 Cap IW S200 with a science, cosmic and tech champion on the team. This is the Doctor Strange in the Halls of Heroes quest. He has no additional nodes.

Thanks for the extra video! We've passed it along.