**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Your Thoughts on Gifting

DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★

Guys do you think that Kabam should have kept the same rules for Gifting Item rewards in Alliance Member Category.. As in regardless of the contribution you have in your in your alliance as of yet, but certain members can't receive those rewards unless they cross certain milestone.. Generally in alliance we get rewards even if we have contributed a bit less.

Comments

• DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    xNig said:

All for it to prevent people who gift 1 normal crystals and call it a day, riding on those others who are willing to give/trade with people more.

Honestly I kept giving away as much as could with units I had.. also played arenas to get units , but it's almost impossible to reach that minimum criteria milestone to get rewarded... Only option is to buy units which is highly unlikely

I wish they'd add this to all alliance rewards. It really sucks being the guy who's top 5 in everything and getting the same rewards as the guys who are always bottom 5 in everything.

But alliance is all about covering up weak against the strongest
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

I wish they'd add this to all alliance rewards. It really sucks being the guy who's top 5 in everything and getting the same rewards as the guys who are always bottom 5 in everything.

No, it's about everyone pulling their weight.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited December 2019
    They actually lowered the minimum individual contributions for milestone rewards this year. In previous years, the minimum was more than the 1/30 equal share of the milestone, which I always thought was complete BS. So I’m actually happy they lowered the minimum to be an equal share of the milestones.

Edit for specifics: found a screenshot from 2017. The last milestone was 350k and the minimum was 21k, as opposed to this year being 12.5k minimum for a 375k final milestone.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

Guys do you think that Kabam should have kept the same rules for Gifting Item rewards in Alliance Member Category.. As in regardless of the contribution you have in your in your alliance as of yet, but certain members can't receive those rewards unless they cross certain milestone.. Generally in alliance we get rewards even if we have contributed a bit less.

This is the way its been since gifting events started. Its to encourage involvement so that 1 person just gifts the cheapest item and gets all the high end rewards.
    xNig said:

DJMNH said:

xNig said:

All for it to prevent people who gift 1 normal crystals and call it a day, riding on those others who are willing to give/trade with people more.

Honestly I kept giving away as much as could with units I had.. also played arenas to get units , but it's almost impossible to reach that minimum criteria milestone to get rewarded... Only option is to buy units which is highly unlikely
    I disagree. It is highly possible especially with the time frame given.
    Alliances are about working together as a team. Not covering for players that cant keep up unless you don't care about alliance milestones.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

DJMNH said:

No, it's about everyone pulling their weight.
    Many alliances have minimums for events that they enforce on their own. Why don't you join one of them?
  • Kenny292 said:

They actually lowered the minimum individual contributions for milestone rewards this year. In previous years, the minimum was more than the 1/30 equal share of the milestone, which I always thought was complete BS. So I’m actually happy they lowered the minimum to be an equal share of the milestones.

Edit for specifics: found a screenshot from 2017. The last milestone was 350k and the minimum was 21k, as opposed to this year being 12.5k minimum for a 375k final milestone.

Seems like thru Milestone 5 the individual requirement is at least somewhat below 1/30th of the alliance mark.
    Starting at Milestone 6 it becomes (essentially) 1/30th, with final Milestone becoming exactly 1/30th.

So even with lowest people still putting up a lot of points, they will still most likely be left out of the uppermost milestone(s) that the alliance has reached unless everyone basically puts up very similar points to one another.
    (*except in case where everyone spends a ton and shoots past final Milestone anyways)

And where does that leave smaller alliances that may not even have 30 people. No matter what they do, there will be some of their members that can not share in the milestones that they otherwise would qualify for.

The different between individual marks and ally marks should be more like 1/50th or 1/60th. That would be more in line with how a standard deviation (bell curve) of points would naturally be represented. Putting up at least half as much points as your ally's average should prove sufficiently “worthy” of participating in the alliance obtained level of rewards. (while still discouraging others from just “freeloading” and not doing very much at all).

Money grab
    Such an insane reward for top allaince ??!!
    They just want us to buy units

I know. I was just saying the same thing when I was at Best Buy. I was telling the employees that i can't believe they are charging people money for their products and services and they should just be free. The employee was like "well if we did that, we'd be out of business and a job". That's when it all made sense. Crazy how you dont realize that buying stuff at a store actually keeps them in business for the future. Never thought about it that way till I was at best buy.

Money grab
    Such an insane reward for top allaince ??!!
    They just want us to buy units

True that... A lot of people who are disagreeing on the fact, that it's all ok, then probably this sort of rule regarding achieving minimum level for rewards, should be included throughout the year and not just on Anniversary

Kenny292 said:

Seems like thru Milestone 5 the individual requirement is at least somewhat below 1/30th of the alliance mark.
    Starting at Milestone 6 it becomes (essentially) 1/30th, with final Milestone becoming exactly 1/30th.

So even with lowest people still putting up a lot of points, they will still most likely be left out of the uppermost milestone(s) that the alliance has reached unless everyone basically puts up very similar points to one another.
    (*except in case where everyone spends a ton and shoots past final Milestone anyways)

And where does that leave smaller alliances that may not even have 30 people. No matter what they do, there will be some of their members that can not share in the milestones that they otherwise would qualify for.

The different between individual marks and ally marks should be more like 1/50th or 1/60th. That would be more in line with how a standard deviation (bell curve) of points would naturally be represented. Putting up at least half as much points as your ally's average should prove sufficiently “worthy” of participating in the alliance obtained level of rewards. (while still discouraging others from just “freeloading” and not doing very much at all).
    Perfectly put... That's how alliance and individual stats should be.. no one should be left out. Using units I mean huge huge chunks of units to get high end milestone is tough very tough. To ease out they should include purchases through Gold and Loyalty stuffs too
    I agree with the fact that this sort of rules makes everyone involved, but also give a thought how do we get those 1000-10000 units minimum to reach high level milestones rewards ???

It's just my thought they should also allow summoners to use GOOD, LOYALTY etc to be used for gifting, this way everyone can contribute more and more

DJMNH said:

This is the way its been since gifting events started. Its to encourage involvement so that 1 person just gifts the cheapest item and gets all the high end rewards.
    I agree with the fact that this sort of rules makes everyone involved, but also give a thought how do we get those 1000-10000 units minimum to reach high level milestones rewards ???

It's just my thought they should also allow summoners to use GOOD, LOYALTY etc to be used for gifting, this way everyone can contribute more and more
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

Kenny292 said:

I’m just saying this year is at least a big improvement from previous years.
    Kenny292 said:

Kenny292 said:

I’m just saying this year is at least a big improvement from previous years.
    Absolutely fact points put down.. it's impossible for the lowest people to reach the mega milestone that it alliance have reached.. just 40 points for giving out Gifting crystal which is of 15 units.. so basically right now as my alliance have reached

3330 milestone and IAM on 1815 and I need more 1515 points, which means I have to gift 37 times so 37*15 = 555 units... Now how do it get 555 units minimum within 12-13 days ???
  • DJMNH said:

Now how do it get 555 units minimum within 12-13 days ???

I can't say how you (or any other specific player) could do it, but a) this is possible through arena grinding with strong roster and moderate effort and b) sometimes you can't do things at the last minute and expect to do them fully.
  • UraniumUranium Posts: 103
    Yeah lower what you need to get the milestones i have to grind arena just to gift stuff away.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    This will most definitely pee some people off, but tiss the season. All of the people who have EXTREMELY ABUSED having multiple accounts suck. You have caused Kabam to get rid of the gifting badge's...not counting this temporary reprieve. And for that I say thank you for ruining gifting badge's for the rest of us 👍👍👍
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    They got rid of the gifting badge due to rampant credit card fraud which I can assure you is happening right now
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Can I bring up the obligatory "I should be able to gift from stash" now?