**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who Comes out on Top, Squirrels or Skrulls? Find out this January!

Comments

• RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

A lot of us are VERY excited for Squirrel Girl. :smiley:

Is this a hint that she’s gonna be OP?
    Y'all can't read so much into everything :tongue: We just have a lot of Squirrel Girl fans!
    Does that include you as well? The hype for Squirrel Girl over Nova is interesting honestly.
    I actually haven't had a chance to test either of these two out.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    I love squirrel girl
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

in one of her newer issues, they changed her mutant backstory. now her squirrel powers are just something that happened.
    I’ve been arguing about her a lot lately and this would be what you are referring to, yes?

I’m still holding out hope she’s classed as a mutant...
    Well in her actual origin,. She’s not a mutant. She’s a mutate. An inhuman basically. She will most likely be skill.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

in one of her newer issues, they changed her mutant backstory. now her squirrel powers are just something that happened.
    I’ve been arguing about her a lot lately and this would be what you are referring to, yes?

Well in her actual origin,. She’s not a mutant. She’s a mutate. An inhuman basically. She will most likely be skill.
    Whut? Actual origin? This is her origin, read the 7th panel.

• Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

Axo4545 said:

Axo4545 said:

Nova.

God, he better not suck.

I'm sure he'll get the sentry/silver surfer treatment and someone that talks to squirrels will be op. It's called kabam logic.lol
    Marvel’s own rating system kinda says SG>Nova

Nova

Squirrel Girl

Kabam you’re living up to this right? Right? :)
    If you read what that's based on, it isn't on her powers. It's based on the meme that she's unbeatable. Again show me one of her powers that is op.
    Squirrel Girl is out here proving that you don't need OP powers to be the best! She's an inspiration to us all!
    My man out here speaking straight fax
  • She’s not a mutant. She’s a mutate. An inhuman basically. She will most likely be skill.

My understanding of "mutates" is that a mutate is a powered human(oid) that gets their powers by some transforming agent rather than by inheriting and naturally activating the X-gene. So inhumans exposed to Terrigenesis are technically mutates, but also beings like the Hulk and the Fantastic Four are mutates, having been exposed to radiation (gamma, cosmic) that altered their physiology in ways that granted super powers.

This has kind of bounced around and retconned often enough that I'm not sure I've kept proper track. A lot of it is based on the fact that most Marvel characters in-universe never actually researched the precise mechanism for how they got their powers, so even the characters themselves can theoretically be wrong about whether they are a mutant, an inhuman specifically, or a mutate in general. So the writers have some latitude to retcon this stuff. That and the various legal rights tangles and political jockeying have incentivized this.
  • Nova Nova Nova Nova
    (Ulti balti)😂😂😂😅

Waiting for squirrel girl ..... 🔥🔥💕🔥🔥
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited December 2019

Squirrel Girl is out here proving that you don't need OP powers to be the best! She's an inspiration to us all!

Yes, I have one like that in mcoc, he's call, Hawkeye.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 said:

Like I said, mr. Sinister and deadpool are both mutates and they are mutants in the game.
    I’m still sticking with skill. There’s way too many good mutants in the game already.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

Nova Nova Nova Nova
    (Ulti balti)😂😂😂😅

Waiting for squirrel girl ..... 🔥🔥💕🔥🔥

Damn, a fellow Ultimate Spider-Man fan!
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    For those not familiar with the comic Squirrel Girl is a comedy character that suppisedly defeats the most powerful villains with the help of some squirrels. You don't actually see the combat but a guy like Thanos unsconscious with a squirrel on top.. which is kind of funny.

For those who think Nova is a proper serious hero, bear in mind Nova gets his name from the Nova corps and Nova force. This would be similar to call yourself "501" because you serve in the 501st Infantry division. Would be a bit confusing if all soldiers did the same :P
  • RajaRecoverRajaRecover Posts: 6
    At which level you get gift badge? I am at 14
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I get the meme potential about squirrel girl but who can actually be more excited for squirrel girl as a playable character over Nova?

Ofc as I say this she'll probably be the strongest champ in the game and conveniently have 10901 prestige.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Genyl said:

For those who think Nova is a proper serious hero, bear in mind Nova gets his name from the Nova corps and Nova force. This would be similar to call yourself "501" because you serve in the 501st Infantry division. Would be a bit confusing if all soldiers did the same :P

Rich Rider was the host of the whole Nova force, at one time. He was Nova Prime, and, even had the Worldmind with him. He was equal to Silver Surfer with the Cosmic power.
  • I get the meme potential about squirrel girl but who can actually be more excited for squirrel girl as a playable character over Nova?

Ofc as I say this she'll probably be the strongest champ in the game and conveniently have 10901 prestige.

If they are gonna adapt her motto of being *unbeatable* i wouldn't be surprised if they gave her something like the champion's champion of the universe ability but even better, like she would get an advantage over all the current beyond god tier champions like domino, ghost, thing etc
    That would actually be amusing.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    quite possibly the worst event quest of 2020, all the characters an yall choose Squirrel Girl.. who at Kabam gave the okay for this mess?

All I'm looking forward to is Nova, was hoping it was Alexander instead of Richard. Kabam could have paired him with Kraven the Hunter as the first champions of 2020.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★

quite possibly the worst event quest of 2020, all the characters an yall choose Squirrel Girl.. who at Kabam gave the okay for this mess?

All I'm looking forward to is Nova, was hoping it was Alexander instead of Richard. Kabam could have paired him with Kraven the Hunter as the first champions of 2020.

Sam Alexander? Ick.