**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who benefits most from a cosmic awakening gem?

harbinger77harbinger77 Posts: 9
edited December 2019 in Strategy and Tips
I hear Medusa just needs to be awoken and doesn’t need a high sig level. I also have 60 or so sig stones. I’m wondering if she’s the best use of the awakening gem or someone else.

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Attacker wise she doesn’t need high sig. as a defender though..
  • Options
    ChewybuccaChewybucca Posts: 95
    Medusas been a top choice for along time or Cap Marvel movie is supposed to be pretty good.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    CMM
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Medusa for sure
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I wouldn’t awaken CMM cause her main utility doesn’t require her dupe. Medusa though, duped she gains damage and an extra safeguard for mistakes when at 3 furies. If you have Black Bolt you are perpetually in loving strands mode.

Cmm’s dupe is another level of utility.
    I’ve used gems on both medusa and cmm. I use cmm extensively more.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I choose Medusa. CMM works well even unduped.
    I have both 5* too.
    Or u may hold the AG for others like Hyperion, Couvs etc.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Jaded said:

Cmm’s dupe is another level of utility.
    I’ve used gems on both medusa and cmm. I use cmm extensively more.

Medusa is a no-brainer. Indestructibility is an added luxury for CMM, she already does everything she needs to without her sig. Medusa's sig is essential to maximize her damage, and she can deal with some fights CMM Won't be able to deal with.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Medusa
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    medusa
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    CMM gets my vote
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Oooh the sarcasm...

Except she needs to ramped up and have NF to extend the fury durations.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Trickst3rTrickst3r Posts: 40
    Medusa
  • Options
    FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★

xNig said:

Oooh the sarcasm...

And ghost needs wasp and omega needs sabertooth and aegon needs proxima and one plus one equals two and the sky is blue, your point? 🚶‍♀
    Well she still needs to be ramped up 😉
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Oooh the sarcasm...

And ghost needs wasp and omega needs sabertooth and aegon needs proxima and one plus one equals two and the sky is blue, your point? 🚶‍♀
    No, the problem is Ghost doesn't NEED Wasp if you have the skill to phase sp when the opponent is dashing, or parry then phase sp.

Omega also doesn't NEED Sabretooth. The synergy just makes the spores gain quicker to get his damage out faster, but with skilled play you can still get to 10 or 30 spores fast.

Aegon doesn't NEED Proxima. It gives you the safeguard for Combo shield which can be avoided with skill.

Captain Marvel Movie NEEDS Nick Fury to extend her fury durations else she will lose them too fast and you take a lot of chip damage building up your charges. There's no amount of skill a player can have to bypass that mechanic.
    Dude I never bring nick fury and she does just fine in aw attack.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    CMM does NOT NEED Nick Fury. She does just fine without him. He helps but is far from necessary for her to be a badass.
  • Options
    Cmm better Medusa, but Medusa need the awaken gem more Cmm
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Both have a good utility associated with their sig ability...but i would use it on cmm..as others have said,her indestructible comes in handy in a lot of situations and makes her super suicide friendly...there aren't many healthpools in the game who can survive an onslaught by a 5/65 suicide boosted cmm for 12 seconds...plus since u have 60 Sig stones,u will be getting a little over 10 seconds of indestructible which is quite substantial..another factor is her prestige,Unless u are buying deals for Sig stones,they are not that common to come by and if u are going to spend all on a champ,i would prefer it to be cmm over medusa because of her prestige
  • Options
    polverine15polverine15 Posts: 191
    Save for Nova
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Cmm, that indestructible is invaluable
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Simply put:

Medusa: Defensively stronger, and her signature ability with 3 furies on, as pointed out earlier, saves you from mistakes

Captain Marvel Movie: Some players say it's a luxury to have, but even at signature 40, it's a cool 8 or 9 seconds indestructible.

Both their signature saves you units in different ways. One difference is medusa's signature makes her a formidable defender in alliance war. Not hard to make a call, right?