**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4*'s Should Now Cost 1500 units

With the introduction of 6* Champions I cannot see how 4* champion offers can still cost 2,500 units!

1,500 units at most I say....

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I would say around 800-1000 since that is how many you would normally use in a basic arena to guarantee you a 4 star at most times depending on cutoff.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    700 is a reasonable price
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,726 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    The price economics in MCOC is worth a dissertation paper.

In the game tutorial, 50 units net a 2* crystal but no where in the game I see this again.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I'd have a hard time paying 1000 since most the 4*s are just shards to me at this point
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Depending your standing in the game, 4*s are pretty common and come quickly these days and with new quests favoring 5*s I don't imagine I'd even bother spending 300 units on a 4*.
    With that said, I agree they might as well drop the price.
  • HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
    @R4GE That's my main thought as well, there's no reason they shouldn't drop the unit price considerably as we now have 5*'s and soon 6*'s also.
  • AppieAppie Posts: 99
    since 4 stars become 3 stars 400 units would make sense.
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    Well 2* are 50 units,
    3* for what, 450?
    4* should be 850 units.
    5* should start at 3500units for 6 months then begin to drop toward 2500
  • ThomaszarThomaszar Posts: 23
    You mean shards not units!!!!
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    edited August 2017
    Appie wrote: »
    since 4 stars become 3 stars 400 units would make sense.

DO you have any idea what non sense you are talking about? 4 stars become 3 stars?? say that when you actually have a 6* in your account. Do you have any idea how long will it take to get a 6* for casual players?

how about doing 1.6m in basic arena and get a free 4* every other week.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Thomaszar wrote: »
    You mean shards not units!!!!

I think they are talking about the pop up deals for a full 4* crystal. They mean units.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    What are 255 red shards worth to you in units? That is all a 4* crystal is worth to me and many others, don't need any new 4*, don't need any class iso, and don't need any gold. All I care about when I pop a 4* crystal is the 255 red shards I will get for a dupe.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    What are 255 red shards worth to you in units? That is all a 4* crystal is worth to me and many others, don't need any new 4*, don't need any class iso, and don't need any gold. All I care about when I pop a 4* crystal is the 255 red shards I will get for a dupe.
    Thats a pretty good way of looking at it. Seems thats all I care about now with 4*s is just getting the dupes

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    275 to be Exsaly. :-).
  • SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    Should be 20 units
  • WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    300 units
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,726 ★★★★★
    I was thinking if it makes sense to have differentiated prices for people at different level of gameplay.

For those that are getting a 4* per week, the price ought to be real low, maybe a quarter of those getting a 4* per month or even more.
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    No I think 1000 is a good price
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    Because for 750 units you get ten prems, which gives you most likely all 2 stars. So it would be to easy to get 4 stars. 1500 is my opinion
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    800 units gives you 4 grandmaster crystals which is good odds at getting a 4*
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Ummm...I have now opened 6 grandmaster crystals and got all 3s. I have also opened about 15 featured hero crystals in my entire time playing and have two 3*s (rest 2*s).
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    800 units gives you 4 grandmaster crystals which is good odds at getting a 4*

You know, that's a good point. GM Crystals go for 200 units, guarantee a 3*, chance at 4/5*. They still sell 3* crystals for 400 units.

Who in their right mind would ever buy the flat 3* deal anymore, when you can get 2x guaranteed 3* for the same price, and a chance at better.

For that matter, for 2500 units, you could buy 12x GM crystals (with 100 units left over). Granted, you could get boned and get 12 3*, sure, but for those with a full 3* roster, 12x 3* will at least give up to 660 4* shards. And that's not counting any possible max sig crystals that pop an extra 55 shards.

So, the 3* crystals should DEFINITELY have their cost reduced from 400 units, somewhere between a GM and a PHC. Maybe split the difference at 150, same as a premium PHC. And once that is done, the argument for reducing the cost of the 4* crystal becomes stronger.

• HAVOC wrote: »
    With the introduction of 6* Champions I cannot see how 4* champion offers can still cost 2,500 units!

1,500 units at most I say....

500 units reasonable.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Wish there was a way to LoL this whole thread. Really enjoyed you all bargaining amongst YOURSELVES.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    If you have 1500 units, instead of spending on a 4*, spend it on higher masteries like WP or DW and grow faster to get 4 stars without spending units.