**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Trophy Champs needs to go

13»

Comments

• Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    I wish this pre-nerf OG Deadpool regen was better than only just decent

He took 175 hits and still won but if it was better than just decent, he might’ve been able to take more than 175 hits and finish with full health

https://youtu.be/KSThx7drDGo
  • Options

Rektor said:

“4* Deadpool regen was just decent before the nerf”

Derp

https://youtu.be/G1yLGSrB_jg

So just because he takes almost 400 hits to kill someone in lol without dying means he was god tier? Compared to OG Thor, SW, Doctor Strange, Black Widow?

Regen is clearly only just decent bro. That’s why it was nerfed. Bc it was just decent. Stop crying
  • Options
    Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★

Then you must really hate 5* basic pool it's not like trophy champs are supposed to be amazing beyond god tier that's why their called "trophy" champs it's to show off like say when you win a trophy all you use it for is to show it to people trophies in real life as well as in the game have no other use then to show them to people

Bragging is for children. Envying is for losers. The concept of trophy champs I absolutely despise. You shouldn't need a single champion to for your account to be special. Titles and content you have beaten matters more than silly antiques.
    You’re just collecting “disagrees”
    I could honestly care less about what other people think of what I say. This is just a forum chat so it's no big deal.
    It kinda should affect you. I remember in one sentence you were attempting to claim what you say is right (can't find your comment for now). Those disagrees show that you've still not proven your point.

Your only point is the ,,bragging" with these champs, which is in your view only possible to beginners because they don't know those champs are bad.
    That's WRONG. I've already seen beginners, who just want e.g. Kang or Thanos for collecting purposes. Not because they are unaware of them being bad. Additionally, it's not only the beginners, who are getting amazed, when they see a trophy champion. I've already seen mid-tier players that are, too.

Also, more people would be successfully bragging with let's say a 6* r2 Corvus rather a bad champion endgame players don't want.

Again, you've just shown in the entire thread, that you are salty about not getting a champ you wanted for your collection. Get over it man.
    You all assume I don't have these champs. You think I'm arguing because I'm jealous?

Then seriously... Why are you crying? You have those champs, so there's nothing to be salty about.

The fact that you are only replying to a single argument out of four I brought up also proves my point: This post is just crying on another level.
  • Options
    Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★

Then you must really hate 5* basic pool it's not like trophy champs are supposed to be amazing beyond god tier that's why their called "trophy" champs it's to show off like say when you win a trophy all you use it for is to show it to people trophies in real life as well as in the game have no other use then to show them to people

Bragging is for children. Envying is for losers. The concept of trophy champs I absolutely despise. You shouldn't need a single champion to for your account to be special. Titles and content you have beaten matters more than silly antiques.
    You’re just collecting “disagrees”
    I could honestly care less about what other people think of what I say. This is just a forum chat so it's no big deal.
    It kinda should affect you. I remember in one sentence you were attempting to claim what you say is right (can't find your comment for now). Those disagrees show that you've still not proven your point.

Your only point is the ,,bragging" with these champs, which is in your view only possible to beginners because they don't know those champs are bad.
    That's WRONG. I've already seen beginners, who just want e.g. Kang or Thanos for collecting purposes. Not because they are unaware of them being bad. Additionally, it's not only the beginners, who are getting amazed, when they see a trophy champion. I've already seen mid-tier players that are, too.

Also, more people would be successfully bragging with let's say a 6* r2 Corvus rather a bad champion endgame players don't want.

Again, you've just shown in the entire thread, that you are salty about not getting a champ you wanted for your collection. Get over it man.
    You all assume I don't have these champs. You think I'm arguing because I'm jealous?

Then seriously... Why are you crying? You have those champs, so there's nothing to be salty about.

The fact that you are only replying to a single argument out of four I brought up also proves my point: This post is just crying on another level.
    Is it really crying for wanting a champion to be better? That's what it seems like on these forums.
    Is making a trophy champ as accessible as every other champ making them ,,better"?

No, there A LOT champs Kabam needs to buff, which aren't even trophy champs. Those probably got even higher priority to buff because, as I mentioned earlier, a couple trophies do serve some uses. They are just outdated.

Again, you still didn't even try disproving the arguments I brought up, which shows that there is nothing to say on this topic. De facto, everything's fine as it is.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    OG DP was sought once upon a time because of his Regen. OG Vision had Power Gain. Kang and Thanos have always been simply Trophies because they were Bosses, and few had access to them. Goldpool is a unique creation, but he has his uses. Is he God Tier? No. You won't find a God Tier Trophy. That would be pretty unfair, no?
  • Options

OG DP was sought once upon a time because of his Regen. OG Vision had Power Gain. Kang and Thanos have always been simply Trophies because they were Bosses, and few had access to them. Goldpool is a unique creation, but he has his uses. Is he God Tier? No. You won't find a God Tier Trophy. That would be pretty unfair, no?

No it wouldn’t be unfair to have a god tier trophy if that trophy is the result of a competition/clearing content.

A god tier trophy you can buy is unfair to free to players.

A god tier trophy for finishing top 10 in a special arena or clearing act 7 faster than 99.9% of all players is not unfair.
  • Options
    Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195

The game is largely based on collecting. Which means some Champions will be rare. Not every Champ is meant to do every job. Some are just shiny and rare.

Like i have a 4* Thanos I don't use him to get past any content I just enjoy playing around with him for fun which is what your supposed to be doing it's a video game video games you play a ton are supposed to be fun with the trophy champs existing as they are now it adds a air of competitiveness that makes this game more fun
    You clearly have a different way of having fun than me. I would prefer fights not to take up most of my time and the fact I would have to use revives and potions to keep these champs going in the quests I am in. And btw there is no "competitiveness" with trophy champs. Heck, the main competition this gifting event was for that 50% t5cc selector
    I see you didn't read my entire comment because I outright said it's fun to use them in content that you don't need your best champs for say like using a 4* Thanos to play around with in rol with the winter soldier if I do get bored then I just quit out of the fight and exit the quest and you say there is no competitiveness yet how you get these "trophy champs" is by competing against other players in a "contest" of champions for a trophy which in this case is a champion in competition it's not like everyone gets a gold medal
  • Options
    Rektor said:

No it wouldn’t be unfair to have a god tier trophy if that trophy is the result of a competition/clearing content.

A god tier trophy for finishing top 10 in a special arena or clearing act 7 faster than 99.9% of all players is not unfair.
    Actually, it would. Making Champs too advantageous when only select few have access to them is pretty unfair.
  • Options

Rektor said:

Actually, it would. Making Champs too advantageous when only select few have access to them is pretty unfair.
    Then win the competition for those champs and earn it yourself.

How is it unfair when a competition is open to literally everyone?

Oh it’s unfair because you can’t win. Got it.

• Options
    ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★

Rektor said:

Everyone has equal access to them. You had the chance to be top 100 in act 6 just like the next guy
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Everyone has equal access to them. You had the chance to be top 100 in act 6 just like the next guy
    Exactly.

Putting them behind a paywall is unfair because some players are free to play.

Putting them behind a skill wall is fair. It’s your own fault if you can’t earn the champ.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’ve been playing for 4.5 year. No 4* Kang, No 4* Thanos, No 4* Punisher.
  • Options
    Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Exactly.

Putting them behind a skill wall is fair. It’s your own fault if you can’t earn the champ.
    I mean really only goldpool had a paywall.

But it was pretty low had to earn a ticket or what not but couldnt you do that for a normal deadpool arena? I dont recall
    So the wall was like 5 dollars?
  • Options
    Rektor said:

Rektor said:

It's unfair because a) there are a limited number, and b) not everyone has access to them just because everyone can try for them.
    Essentially what you're saying is the Top 10 (or whatever) should have access because they're the best, and that's fair. While it's fair for them to earn the prize, it's not exactly fair to make it OP. That's a tad bit unbalanced, and backwards, TBH. Most Rewards like that are average, as in Thanos or Kang. Even Gifting gave Shards and Resources which didn't guarantee God Tiers. Just gave chances at it. I'm sure some people think "survival of the fittest" is a fair system, but it isn't one that allows anyone else to progress properly. Just creates a system where people at the top perpetually progress and no one can ever catch up. A certain amount of that may happen organically, but there is still the possibility of others growing to that level.
  • Options

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

It's unfair because a) there are a limited number, and b) not everyone has access to them just because everyone can try for them.
    Essentially what you're saying is the Top 10 (or whatever) should have access because they're the best, and that's fair. While it's fair for them to earn the prize, it's not exactly fair to make it OP. That's a tad bit unbalanced, and backwards, TBH. Most Rewards like that are average, as in Thanos or Kang. Even Gifting gave Shards and Resources which didn't guarantee God Tiers. Just gave chances at it. I'm sure some people think "survival of the fittest" is a fair system, but it isn't one that allows anyone else to progress properly. Just creates a system where people at the top perpetually progress and no one can ever catch up. A certain amount of that may happen organically, but there is still the possibility of others growing to that level.
    Then the only fair way is everyone gets 6 stars of whoever they want on day 1 and earning things is dead.

If you cant have a skill or pay wall to warn something what's left?
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

Then the only fair way is everyone gets 6 stars of whoever they want on day 1 and earning things is dead.

There are incentives, but there are also other balancing factors like RNG and Trophy Champs that aren't OP. If not, you have a reward structure that only gives the most useful Rewards to the same few people, and over time you'd end up with about 10 people growing, and no one else getting anywhere.
  • Options

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

There are incentives, but there are also other balancing factors like RNG and Trophy Champs that aren't OP. If not, you have a reward structure that only gives the most useful Rewards to the same few people, and over time you'd end up with about 10 people growing, and no one else getting anywhere.
    Isn't this a contest? Where champions are rewarded?
    I always thought it was.
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

I always thought it was.
    Yes. It's also a game that has several levels of Rewards that have to allow growth to occur at rates appropriate for those levels. Otherwise, no one would get anywhere.
  • Options

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

I always thought it was.
    Yes. It's also a game that has several levels of Rewards that have to allow growth to occur at rates appropriate for those levels. Otherwise, no one would get anywhere.
    Like Crystal's and arena and content? Rewarding the top wont hurt rhe middle or bottom at all in the grand scheme of things.

• Options
    ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

I always thought it was.
    Like Crystal's and arena and content? Rewarding the top wont hurt rhe middle or bottom at all in the grand scheme of things.

As I said, there are balancing factors to that.
  • Options
    Ehh I'm not big on rewarding people who didnt earn it.

Only the top really deserves things as they won.

Since when is losing prizeworthy
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Exactly.

But it was pretty low had to earn a ticket or what not but couldnt you do that for a normal deadpool arena? I dont recall
    If Brian Grant could get the champ then there was no paywall.

• Options
    Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Exactly.

Well kinda he dropped alot.of saved units for the ticket so altgought he scaled the pay wall a different way some could argue he spent the value over the wall on in game resources
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Exactly.

Well kinda he dropped alot.of saved units for the ticket so altgought he scaled the pay wall a different way some could argue he spent the value over the wall on in game resources
    3* Deadpool for $19.99 needed to enter the 4* Deadpool arena is a paywall. Goldpool isn’t
  • Options
    Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

ECOMA said:

Rektor said:

Exactly.

3* Deadpool for $19.99 needed to enter the 4* Deadpool arena is a paywall. Goldpool isn’t
    19.99 really is he that much I've had him like 3 years assumed less.

So yea only 3 star deadpool had a paywall
  • Options
    Either way I’m amused by all the crying ITT

Reward winners of competition with a trash champ because you can’t win it? Cool story. Where’s the incentive? If there’s less than a couple hundred in the entire game it’s not going to unbalance anything. You’re just crying like OP about things you don’t like
  • Options
    Rektor said:

Either way I’m amused by all the crying ITT

Reward winners of competition with a trash champ because you can’t win it? Cool story. Where’s the incentive? If there’s less than a couple hundred in the entire game it’s not going to unbalance anything. You’re just crying like OP about things you don’t like

Rewarding the bottom hurts more as they did nothing worth being rewarded for.