**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hulk Ragnarok

Can someone give a clear statement why Face Me doesn't activate on bane and brute force nodes? They are both passive DoTs...

Comments

• Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Kabam logic
  • Options
    ZverceZverce Posts: 76
    edited January 2020
    belli300 said:

Kabam logic

Already read that too many times, but not the answer i'm looking for this time
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos someone should make the call here, as i said, i only accept clear statement
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    Zverce said:

Can someone give a clear statement why Face Me doesn't activate on bane and brute force nodes? They are both passive DoTs...

It's a type of DoT that isn't counted in face me. They are in a 3rd type of category. No champ can bypass them through any ability.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    They arent meant to be countered by anything besides the node itself.
    They are not passive DoT effects, and they are not debuffs as well. They belong to a third category of effects
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I know players don't like to hear "Kabam Logic" but in this case it's true. They added the character to the game and decided what works and doesn't. Since it does work on Starburst but not others says alot. Starburst by the people above me logic falls into a "third category" yet he works great vs that.

At this point of my years playing this game I've realized Kabam will do what they will and take liberties as they see fit.
  • Options

They are not passive DoT effects, and they are not debuffs as well. They belong to a third category of effects

Passive DoT is not an effect, it is Passive damage over time, and as the game states, both bane and brute force deal passive damage over time on you, what is clearly related to Face Me ability description.
    Face Me doesn't say it activates on passive effects on you, it clearly says it activates on passive damage over time...
  • Options

Zverce said:

Passive DoT is not an effect, it is Passive damage over time, and as the game states, both bane and brute force deal passive damage over time on you, what is clearly related to Face Me ability description.
    Face Me doesn't say it activates on passive effects on you, it clearly says it activates on passive damage over time...
    Unfortunately you have gotten the answer you were looking for. It is just not the answer you were wanting
    Can you be little more specific sir?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Zverce said:

I didn't mentioned his ability. I know how it works.
    I just said that those nodes are not considered passive DoT effects, that's all.
  • Options
    Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    Well the creator of this post is right. GHulk’s ability clearly states that he should activate FaceMe on Bane and other nodes like that.
    Can someone of the admins please explain why it is not working?
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Zverce said:

belli300 said:

Kabam logic

Already read that too many times, but not the answer i'm looking for this time
    Maybe not the answer you are looking for but it’s the only one that actually makes any sort of sense. Kabam does whatever they want regardless of logic or game balance.

Should it work against all those bs node. The answer is yes, but how would kabam make extra $$$ from content being more difficult. It comes down to the bottom line. It’s really doubtful this will be changed or that anyone at kabam has a logical answer to this question. I 100% agree with what you are getting at though.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I think I read here once that Bane is not considered passive because it is transferred back and forth. Anyway, prolly a good thing this works as it does, because we do not have to face a Gulk defender on a Bane node.

Brute Force -- not sure about that one. Must not be a passive degen.
  • Options

I think I read here once that Bane is not considered passive because it is transferred back and forth. Anyway, prolly a good thing this works as it does, because we do not have to face a Gulk defender on a Bane node.

Brute Force -- not sure about that one. Must not be a passive degen.

I just can't get any clear statement... This is rigged
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight but, it can also be re-rolled away via the randomizers that have been made available for M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab. Hope this helps your strategizing in the Labs!

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Zverce said:

Zverce said:

It's a type of DoT that isn't counted in face me. They are in a 3rd type of category. No champ can bypass them through any ability.
    Nothing is counted in Face Me, it doesnt say that on one works and the other doesnt, it just says passive DoTs so i need more clear statement
    Bane is not a passive effect, so it is not a passive damage over time effect either:

"Passive effect" is not a description of the effect, it is a tag on the effect. Bane isn't tagged as a Passive effect, so it is not a Passive effect. The assumption is that if it is not a Buff and not a Debuff it is a Passive. But in this case, Bane is not a Buff, not a Debuff, and not a Passive.

Similarly, Brute Force doesn't say it is a Passive damage over time effect:

Sometimes the type of an effect is omitted from the description, but generally speaking effects should specify whether they are Buffs, Debuffs, or Passives. If they do not specify and nothing in context implies one of those, players cannot assume that an effect is any one of those three. Most commonly, global and node effects aren't always one of the three.
  • Options

Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight but, it can also be re-rolled away via the randomizers that have been made available for M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab. Hope this helps your strategizing in the Labs!

Ye, i'm dealing with ghost and hood, ghost doesnt take bane dmg when phasing but it would be nice if you make some synergy for hulk rag to deal with that also... Like the blade case, himself can only counter only dimensional beings but with synergies expands, hulk deservers better, in this case he is created to counter a pretty small amount of fights... Thank you