**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

An unusual 5/65

MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
I’ve waited a very long time to do this since it took me years to pull her as a 5*, but I’m really happy to be starting the year off with this one. When 4*s were still the main champions in my roster I used her all the time, she was on my main team for everything and I’ve always considered her to by my favourite character since. Using her as a 5* now it’s really fun to see how she can shut down a lot of the new champions that have since been added, Havok, Korg or Nick fury to name a few. So here she is, my new 5/65 Psylocke:

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

Congrats. I hope to take my 6* psylocke to r2 someday

I would love to see that haha, personally I think she’s incredibly useful.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★
    @MegaSkater67 congrats on fulfilling your dream!

And I can verify you're not jumping on the bandwagon - you've been a huge Psylocke fan for at least 2.5 years when you led Backwater Wolves. Thanks for turning me from a Psylocke skeptic into a believer!
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited January 2020
    She’s basically the mutant magik, interesting choice 🤜🏻
    KoiBoy18 said:

@MegaSkater67 congrats on fulfilling your dream!

And I can verify you're not jumping on the bandwagon - you've been a huge Psylocke fan for at least 2.5 years when you led Backwater Wolves. Thanks for turning me from a Psylocke skeptic into a believer!

Not spoken to you for ages, but yeah it’s finally happened haha. Nice to hear from you, we’ll have to get in touch on line and catch up.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    damnn u beat me to it.. i was considering R5 mine now i'll have to look for other weird options.. but yeh would love to watch some act 6,ROL gameplay on her. her damage is respectable as well.. honestly she'd b incredibly awesome if she gets one of these 3 things that could go well with her kit!
    - passive heal block if opponent has less then 1 bar of power.
    - increase attack by 100%+ with passive fury for 22 seconds if opponent drops to 0 power after sp3
    - immune to reverse controls
    zeezee57 said:

I’ve waited a very long time to do this since it took me years to pull her as a 5*, but I’m really happy to be starting the year off with this one. When 4*s were still the main champions in my roster I used her all the time, she was on my main team for everything and I’ve always considered her to by my favourite character since. Using her as a 5* now it’s really fun to see how she can shut down a lot of the new champions that have since been added, Havok, Korg or Nick fury to name a few. So here she is, my new 5/65 Psylocke:

I still remember back when Aegon came out you dropped a video taking him down with you 5/50 Psylocke, nice to see you finally got your hands on her as a higher rarity.
    That was a really fun fight. A friend challenged me to take him on with her so I went for it, ended up using her for my exploration runs as well. Looking forward to seeing what the 5* can do in newer content.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Psylocke is one of the champs I wouldn’t mind pulling as my first 6* very soon
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Her reduced power gain is a real handicap for me. I got her as a 4*, but I don't think I want her as a 5*, even if that would be my only 5* power control champion.
    Thi101 said:

Psylocke is one of the champs I wouldn’t mind pulling as my first 6* very soon

Good luck with that 6*, hopefully your luck will be a lot better than mine has been.

Her reduced power gain is a real handicap for me. I got her as a 4*, but I don't think I want her as a 5*, even if that would be my only 5* power control champion.

It’s kind of irrelevant after you reach your first bar of power, from that point it really doesn’t matter anymore.
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461

I like this I like when people follow themselves and not what everyone else wants. I would love to rank 5 vulture one day and it's not the greatest champ but he's one of my favourites in the game and he's good against incinerate champs once awakened. But just personal preference

I like this I like when people follow themselves and not what everyone else wants. I would love to rank 5 vulture one day and it's not the greatest champ but he's one of my favourites in the game and he's good against incinerate champs once awakened. But just personal preference
    That’s the way I’ve always treated my rank ups. It’s much more fun that way I find, I haven’t used vulture much before but I can imagine he has his uses. His abilities sound decent.
    zeezee57 said:

DNA3000 said:

Psylocke has two modes you can play her in. You can go for the power lock to perma-lock the opponent. They won't have power, but you won't have a lot of power either. Or you can aim to juggle power: you don't lock, instead you push the target to just above one or two bars of power and then use SP1 to power drain them. Doing so give you back a ton of power, and you can then use a combo on the target to push them back above one or two bars and then use SP1 again. Executing this cycle basically gives Psylocke enough power to use almost continuous SP1 attacks, and her lower intrinsic power gain is basically irrelevant to the fight.
    Well not quite, the first method of locking them at zero power you'll still have a decent amount of power by just using your sp2 since it consumes a charge to give you back a bar of power. That's my preferred method when I use her, I bait two sp1 or a sp2 to get them to zero power then use my sp1 to lock them down. Then build up to sp2 and just go with that the rest of the way.
    One of the things I love about her is that you can use her in a lot of different ways. With the passive lock method you can just save up to SP3 and keep it as a ‘reset’ if you want to. That would be better against nodes such as masochism, so that you don’t need to debuff them. However, I would attempt a parry before using the SP3 so that you can still get the stun and power lock from it. You can even use 2 consecutive SP1s to activate the passive lock, bring them below a bar, then use another to drop them to 0. There are lots of valid playstyles and switching them up frequently makes her really fun to play. Also makes her a very flexible champion who can deal with a large variety of opponents and nodes. She’s still extremely valuable against debuff immune nodes too since she she isn’t reliant on debuffs like other power controllers. She can certainly seem quite complicated, but there are some really cool things you can do with her when you learn all of her abilities.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    EazyDC69 said:

Glad to see people actually rank champs they enjoy... I know colossus just got a buff but he's still got a lot of haters out there

Honestly, I just took mine to r3 then r4 and love colossus now! Would definitely take mine to r5 someday... congrats!
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I dont like the champ at all but congrats
    Vikes4me2 said:

For those wanting to see one

That’s awesome, maybe I’ll be able to do the same one day.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Awesome to see -- love it when people commit and rank up whoever they want to play with the most, regardless of what anyone else thinks

Speaking for myself, once I became a solo player and started playing however I want, this has felt every bit like what it's supposed to be: a game