Is Kabam doctoring the drop rates of good champions?

NyaleNyale Posts: 124
I don't know how the game is treating you guys but judging from my roster which is quite comprehensive i formed the opinion that Kabam is lowering the drop rate of got tier champions from the 6 star crystals . I have so far 53 6 star champions while the base pool has 106 i believe and while i get **** champion like daredevil cyclops mordo storm kingpin etc duped multiple times each i never seen a god tier champ from the basic 6 star crystals so no Corvus Domino Void Cap IW Ghost to name some of the oldest .My only decent pulls where from the featured cavalier and they are all new/featured champs like dr doom , claire or nick . Only last month i opened 12 or more 6 star crystals getting only dupes and memes so please share your experience and if any moderator from Kabam is here i would like to see a distribution chart for 6 star in the accounts to prove the chances are equal which i higly doubted

Comments

  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 510 ★★★
    Snaapjack said:

    My three friends and I have been playing 3 years.
    Collectively 1 corvus and 0 dominos. 0 natural blades (2 from featured blade crystals)
    We also have 16 hulkbuster pulls, 9 capt marvel original, 7 Mrs Marvel.
    I am a firm believer in statistics. So I know anything can happen but I do genuinely believe they decrease the pull rate on some champs.

    You can't really make assumptions off a handful of champions though. Post your entire rosters then we can talk.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 228 ★★

    My 6* pulls so far (all from basic crystals):
    1. heimdal
    2. imiw
    3. aegon
    4. aegon
    5. cap iw
    6. jane foster
    7. doctor strange

    I disagree with whatever you're trying to say.

    I was expecting a more forceful rebuttal from you, you are being very diplomatic. A little disappointing. :smile:
  • SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 1,125 ★★★
    . I’ve opened 30 and while I feel for you and at times it feels this way to me. As I review my 6*s.

    Gulk duped 4 times... rng? Sig134
    Aegon
    Sunspot
    Massacre
    Ronin
    Emma
    Bishop
    Proxima
    Green goblin


    Thor rag
    Hela
    Great synergies with gulk and my Corvus and heimdale etc...

    Ultron double immune.

    Then I have every meme and some more trash I don’t need and can’t even use in aw.

    I guess I’m gonna have to disagree.

    It’s terribly deflating last night I finished 6.1 100% and pulled unduped jugs.

    So I feel you pain
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 201
    I’ve had highs and lows when the high was a insane high of a namor the lows were awful in beast and Diablo it’s all RNG kabam doesn’t rig the crystals what you are going to get is predetermined before you open the crystal and the reel they have said multiple times is just for entertainment
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 124
    I never said people don't get lucky and pull a Corvus like from their first pull but my theory is the chance to pull Daredevil which is completely useless in any rarity is like 5 to 1 that's why i'm asking for Kabam statistics which i'm sure they keep
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 203
    To see the distribution of 6* champions, especially by month, would be interesting. To be transparent is positive when there is nothing to hide.

    But nobody from kabam will explicitly admit that there is anything else than random in basic crystals openings. Believe this position or not, at least it is the easiest answer to all septics.
    But for example it could be random among a shortest batch for a period...

    Last week I opened 2 6* basic crystals on different days and got Daredevil then Blackbolt. Less appreciated after Sabertooth, Masacre, Cap Marvel movie and Annihilus.

    Just for fun : 3 years ago I opened a 4* Spider Gwen and another one the day after. Curiously the only 2 players that opened a 4* between my openings got... Spider Gwen. I let you guess the probability it happens.
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 239

    Nyale said:

    I don't know how the game is treating you guys but judging from my roster which is quite comprehensive i formed the opinion that Kabam is lowering the drop rate of got tier champions from the 6 star crystals . I have so far 53 6 star champions while the base pool has 106 i believe and while i get **** champion like daredevil cyclops mordo storm kingpin etc duped multiple times each i never seen a god tier champ from the basic 6 star crystals so no Corvus Domino Void Cap IW Ghost to name some of the oldest .My only decent pulls where from the featured cavalier and they are all new/featured champs like dr doom , claire or nick . Only last month i opened 12 or more 6 star crystals getting only dupes and memes so please share your experience and if any moderator from Kabam is here i would like to see a distribution chart for 6 star in the accounts to prove the chances are equal which i higly doubted

    Classic case of confirmation bias. You have a very narrow view of overall pulls. On top of it all, you are complaining about "bad" pulls when you've pulled Dr Doom, Claire Voyant and even Nick Fury.

    You say the basic pool has 106 champs in it. How many of those would you actually want to pull? 15 tops? Thats roughly a 14% chance to pull a champ you want or a 86% chance to pull a champion you don't want. There are far more champs you don't want so of course you have a higher chance of being disappointed.

    I've pulled 29 overall 6*'s-


    I've been very lucky to dupe Wasp, The Champion, Symbiote Supreme and Hawkeye. Point is, everyone has a different experience. You've pulled good 6*'s so enjoy them. There are people out there with way worse pulls that you. The drop rates aren't different for desirable champions. In the basic pool they are equal for every champ in it.
    Exactly it's RNG my 6* Roster consists (in order of pulling them): Nick Fury, Symbiote Supreme, Namor and Guillotine. I consider myself very lucky but I don't think Kabam can/could rig crystals otherwise why me? I don't spend no incentive to reward me. All just lucky with the numbers.

    Though if they do rig crystals can I dupe Symb next please Kabam XDXDXDXD
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 124
    Demonzfyre read more attentively please , the only r2 champs i got Nick Doom and Claire are all unduped and pulled from countless featured cavalier , opened at least 70 6 star crystals so far and the best that i have are rulk sentinel ,doc ock and venom and 45 memes that's statistically impropable
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 5,212 ★★★★★
    Nyale said:

    Demonzfyre read more attentively please , the only r2 champs i got Nick Doom and Claire are all unduped and pulled from countless featured cavalier , opened at least 70 6 star crystals so far and the best that i have are rulk sentinel ,doc ock and venom and 45 memes that's statistically impropable

    Improbable, not impossible
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 467 ★★★
    Its a simple game of probabality, there are around 30 so called god tiers amongst almost 100 champs so the probabilty of geting a god tier is aroung 0.3out of 1or 30% which is not very high
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    My 1st and only 6* is a sunspot....so I'm not sure about that.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,095 ★★★★
    edited January 4
    But are you using the Pep method? If not it’s your fault. 😂

    P.S. Hypothetically, if given the distribution chart wouldn’t they doctor that also? It’s a BS question.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 510 ★★★
    Nyale said:

    Demonzfyre read more attentively please , the only r2 champs i got Nick Doom and Claire are all unduped and pulled from countless featured cavalier , opened at least 70 6 star crystals so far and the best that i have are rulk sentinel ,doc ock and venom and 45 memes that's statistically impropable

    Post your roster.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 1,049 ★★★

    But are you using the Pep method? If not it’s your fault. 😂

    P.S. Hypothetically, if given the distribution chart wouldn’t they doctor that also? It’s a BS question.

    That's what I was thinking too. Even if they did show us this, conspiracy theorists and tin foils will still say that it is fake and would want even more confirmation of them being right.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 3,456 ★★★★★
    Nyale said:

    Demonzfyre read more attentively please , the only r2 champs i got Nick Doom and Claire are all unduped and pulled from countless featured cavalier , opened at least 70 6 star crystals so far and the best that i have are rulk sentinel ,doc ock and venom and 45 memes that's statistically impropable

    How's that supposed to be improbable?

    Look... Your flawed perception of chance aside, neither does the game know, nor does the game care who you'd like or not like to pull.

    Yes, corvus is objectively more desirable than daredevil, but those are not the only champs to look at. I for example would be just as disappointed with an omega red as I'd be with an og iron man. I'd rather pull a hood than a cull obsidian. I just recently took my domino to 5/65 and I'd honestly rather pull a 6* king groot than a 6* domino.

    How would the game know which champs I value the most? It literally can not do that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,971 ★★★★★
    Nyale said:

    Demonzfyre read more attentively please , the only r2 champs i got Nick Doom and Claire are all unduped and pulled from countless featured cavalier , opened at least 70 6 star crystals so far and the best that i have are rulk sentinel ,doc ock and venom and 45 memes that's statistically impropable

    If it was statistically impossible.... how'd you pull it off? Oh because its not impossible, just a lesser percentage than what could be normal.
This discussion has been closed.