**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is kabam fair?

So I won't beat around the bush...I think kebam need to understand that not everyone is rich over 4 years of playing and I only just opened my first 6 star and only due to a greater gifting crystal.....I started a alliance we have 30 members we done aq and aw in recent years I'm at uncollected status....I've 100% act 1,23,4 and chapter 5 act 1 is 100% I've completed many event quest daily quest and everything....yet I'm finding it hard to move fwd you don't get enough gold iso or catalysts for rank ups...tier 5 basic catalysts??? I don't even have half of 1 yet. So what value do kabam give there items...from what I have figured out it costs around £100 to get a 5 star!! But why is it worth that? And realistically it's £100 for the crystal then how much to rank it up? And that's just a 5 star.. offers are never good value I've spent a good few hundred quid on this game which I know is nothing to some people but I don't agree with paying to win...am I alone or do people feel my pain? And could anyone give me the value that kabam puts on there items ? 5* shards etc?

Comments

• Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Until you're Cavalier 6*s and t5b don't matter. Until you're pushing for Cavalier 5*s and t2a don't matter. If you don't have access to a certain resource it's completely intentional, and you don't need it to progress. Stop looking at star count.
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    MrRick said:

So I won't beat around the bush...I think kebam need to understand that not everyone is rich over 4 years of playing and I only just opened my first 6 star and only due to a greater gifting crystal.....I started a alliance we have 30 members we done aq and aw in recent years I'm at uncollected status....I've 100% act 1,23,4 and chapter 5 act 1 is 100% I've completed many event quest daily quest and everything....yet I'm finding it hard to move fwd you don't get enough gold iso or catalysts for rank ups...tier 5 basic catalysts??? I don't even have half of 1 yet. So what value do kabam give there items...from what I have figured out it costs around £100 to get a 5 star!! But why is it worth that? And realistically it's £100 for the crystal then how much to rank it up? And that's just a 5 star.. offers are never good value I've spent a good few hundred quid on this game which I know is nothing to some people but I don't agree with paying to win...am I alone or do people feel my pain? And could anyone give me the value that kabam puts on there items ? 5* shards etc?

Bro let’s call a spade a spade..... unless you do mcoc full time like Brian Grant, this is purely a PAY TO WIN game. I’ve had times when I spent a lot and times when I didn’t spend at all.... and the difference in account progression is MORE than night and day. You’re not buying a cool add on, or access to some cool new content - you are buying the ability to win (champs, sig stones, cats, etc.)
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    I should add... that is, if you want to play at the top for top prizes (like the stuff you mentioned.)

There are many casual players that don’t spend a lot that do very well. It’s more about using every single resource as wisely as you can.... those that have played 4-5 yrs like me definitely have some champs or rank ups they wish they had waited on, or sig stones/awakening gems they would have used on something smarter.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    If you are that early in act 5 content you shouldn't need t5b. That content was originally built for R5 4* and r4 5* were actually close to overpowered for that content back then.

Kabam is a business and this game is built around making money. You can be f2p and keep up in end game content but you either need to dedicate your time or decide on what you want between alliance play/arena play/questing play to not need to dedicate a ridiculous amount of time.

Sounds like you are pretty early in the game and have a lot of content you can still work against. You shouldn't be focused on getting 6* and r5 5* champ yet. You should be focused on clearing the content in front of you.

But I tell all my alliance mates especially newer ones you need to be patient in this game. Except for whales it's a marathon not a sprint. Enjoy the game, clear content, and have fun. Be very choiceful on ranks ups and prioritize them around clearing content. Save all your resources and get used to having full stashes. You dont need to open and use everything right when you get it. In sitting in a stash of r4 gems, r5 gems, 5*awakening gems and always am so when I get a game changing champ I can use them immediately because I didnt waste that stuff.

I've played for 4-5 years but I can say I say on t2a for about 1-2 years waiting for a decent awakend 5*. I finally used t2a when I had a bunch end up in overflow following Act V exploration and completion. Act V is explorable with 4* if your skills are where they need go he for future content also. If you arent there work on skills watch tutorials and practice. A bigger hammer will only get you so far. Act VI will destroy you if you need R5 5* to get through Act V.

Also if you are someone who is looking to have a top roster with top max ranked champs in the current meta at any point in this game lifespan it will be p2w. The premium material is almost always gated first behind money first then trickle out after the initial whale offers for the first new level maxed champ.
    (t5cc right now).
  • Options
    MrRickMrRick Posts: 6

Wait... You're not even uncollected and you're worrying about t5b? What the...?

I said I am uncollected bro only just done act5 chap 2
  • Options
    MrRickMrRick Posts: 6
    Everyone thanks for your replys I do like input...I do get what you all are saying and all have fair points....

I don't qualify myself as a noob I do have skill but I don't have enough understanding about the way the game works half of the abilitys I don't know what they are or what they do..half of the explanations for things I don't understand either. Slightly to do with being dislexic and slightly to do with the way things are worded....synergy's I don't understand them very well also....

I have made mistakes in which you spoke about I've used iso T1&2A ALOT of T4 class catalysts I have ALOT of champs and I have watched seatin a bit and a few tutorial videos but still seem to struggle...I've practically copy's seatins mastrys ( not suicide ) for example of my struggle the latest event quest I couldn't beat the lifecycle node on silver surfer I used sooooo many revives heels team revives and got bossed evertime I had a few good people in there too Inc max 4* domino a R3 shulk 5* a max 4* meduca a R3 5* stark enhanced spider dude....I got super frustrated and quit.

Verient also I can't do any of them not even once through...the road to labrenth I'm stuck on last chapter.

I feel the only way is to rank my guys up hence the frustration here in how expencive it all is.

Thanks again tho guys your all great x
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Based on what you have shared I would focus your units and revives on getting uncollected if you aren’t yet.

Also just practice. Work on techniques. Dorky videos and tutorials can be really helpful on strategies in both overall gameplay and also specific problem champs too sometimes.

Unfortunately or fortunately this game has more depth than most see at first glance and only practicing and playing a lot can really build the game knowledge needed to progress through content without taking tons of damage.

Also if you learn to beat content with lesser ranked champs you will find your skill will grow. Then when you pull the right champs to put the materials into the game will open up much wider because you will have the skill foundation to go along with the ranked god tier champs.

Other tip is get in an alliance with some experience guys who can give advice. There are long timers and strong players at many levels of this game as not everyone play top tier alliance play who can keep up with end game content. Having access to experienced people for advice is invaluable.
  • Options
    iGOTKABAMD2iGOTKABAMD2 Posts: 1
    Kabam has never been fair. and thats the pure honest truth. just one recent example: trade in THREE class t4's for a CHANCE at getting one that you need?!?! are u kidding me? if that doesnt tell you the selfish greedy nature manifested around their boardroom, then i dont know what else to tell ya. most games will allow u to trade in items of excess for one specific that u have control over.
    Not Kabam.
    takes a special kind of people to do what they just did, tbh.