**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let’s Settle This... Are 5* Sig Stones Common or Uncommon

Comments

• airmundoairmundo Posts: 145
    5* sig stones are uncommon (not enough in the game)

😂 if polls could define reality the world might be a better place; or worse depending on which way the wind was blowing.

I’m currently looking at a f2p roster and I count 7 max sig champs with 2 at 150+ and another one about to be 150+ after he opens his 102 sig stone crystals. That’s 1500+ stones on the account.

They’re there regardless of perception.

I'm F2Pish* and have been playing for 3 years (*I don't whale out but I do spend a bit on the 4th or Cyber Monday). I have two maxed out 5*'s, 4 over sig 100 and only a handful of stones left in my stash (enough for one more maxed out 5* BUT only if they were the same class type). What i'm saying is, I've bought 3-4 cash deals for stones and don't even have 3 maxed out 5* champs. Side note I have every variant 100%, up to 6.2.4 100% and finished first pass of 6.3 (humble brag) so i've obtained all the sig stones from those as well. I wouldn't need you to show me 100 F2P accounts but I would say to double check that "F2P" account you're looking at. Willing to bet there were offers bought the person who owns the account isn't talking about. 15 stones per monthly EQ means one year to max out a champ but, one more time, only if you get the same class type. Those 15 are the only constant each month for F2P players and it's definitely not enough.
  • AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    If you're a spender, they're quite common in the game. If you are F2P, no.
  • Duke_KingdomDuke_Kingdom Posts: 15
    I feel like the debate here is interesting. Both sides offer valid standpoints. I can offer some warrants to help clarify both sides. While one side argues that one account can be representative of the F2P base, the other side argues that more data is needed. So here's my view of this (from a numbers standpoint). That one F2P account shows the OPTIMAL amount of sig stones that can be accumulated (so yes it can technically represent the number of sig stones a F2P player could get), which is equal in chance for all F2P players. However, the keyword here is chance; while it is possible that one account can be able to get all those sig stones, the stars must have aligned really well for that to happen. (Kinda like that Namor event, where you had the unstable rifts). Then we must account for firstly account age. The recent EQs have offered unique ways of getting sig stones. Summoners missing a big sig stone centered event are easily gimped in our data collection. Then comes alliances, where not all alliances have the potential to get max milestones and whatnot. In the end, looking at these factors, a F2P has to put in the optimal effort and have optimal probability to get those optimal rewards. Have one of those factors altered, boom, a new data point that is unique from the others. Hopefully, both sides can understand each other's arguments more clearly. You're not wrong but you're attacking exclusive arguments.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I mentioned in other post how the can introduce some of these items as rewards for finishing lanes in these contents with multiple paths. It will make exploring contents much more fun instead of completion and exploration rewards. For instance, some variant chapters has about 4 lanes. It'd be nice to get 1 stone per lane or 2 per exploration. Just an idea or something
  • airmundoairmundo Posts: 145
    After a certain point account age doesn’t matter because two years ago 5*’s and the sig stones for them weren’t anywhere near as common as they are today and if 15 stones per EQ Per month is all that is constant for a true F2P player it’s pretty clear that having 5+ max sig champs (1,000 sigs) is close to impossible. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is inaccurately backing up an account that spent on sig stones but doesn’t remember doing so.
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    The only duped 5*s I have are mystic...which means I haven't seen a mystic stone in months.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

😂 if polls could define reality the world might be a better place; or worse depending on which way the wind was blowing.

I’m currently looking at a f2p roster and I count 7 max sig champs with 2 at 150+ and another one about to be 150+ after he opens his 102 sig stone crystals. That’s 1500+ stones on the account.

Absolutely nothing f2p about an account like that. That’s an investment in time that far exceeds the value of someone who purchased a couple deals. The concept that someone who invest 8 hours a day to this game is f2p is fraudulent.

Your argument is basically, they are available if you are willing to give 75% of your time you spend awake playing.

Ps. We faced your alliance last war of season, you guys out ranked us by 15 million. Not sure how a top 10 aq alliance is matching up with an alliance that clearly had no place facing you. Not an accusation against your alliance just a sign of how miserably broken matchmaking is
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Absolutely nothing f2p about an account like that. That’s an investment in time that far exceeds the value of someone who purchased a couple deals. The concept that someone who invest 8 hours a day to this game is f2p is fraudulent.

Your argument is basically, they are available if you are willing to give 75% of your time you spend awake playing.

Ps. We faced your alliance last war of season, you guys out ranked us by 15 million. Not sure how a top 10 aq alliance is matching up with an alliance that clearly had no place facing you. Not an accusation against your alliance just a sign of how miserably broken matchmaking is
    Whut? Such BS, much wow.

First off, iirc, it’s estimated he plays ~3hours a day. Show me where you can earn sig stones based on how much time, daily, you spend playing the game. If you want to know how he does it, he plays well, challenges himself to improve his game play and completes all content.

The WR difference was ~100. Not sure why you think AQ ranking has anything to do with AW match ups. But thanks for being one of like 4 of our wins last season?

@airmundo I check nightly @10pm Eastern via YT, he’s still f2p.
    Not sig stones based on time in game, units and more crystals that contribute to sig stones. Last I checked, duping a champion gives 20 levels so having someone at sig 200 doesn’t mean you dropped 200 stones.... I have completed all content in game and I challenge myself as well. I have never purchased a deal with money or units for sig stones. There are not many stones to be had in game. You have no point here and are just being contrarian and looking down your nose, which is your way.

I am not sure if you are mocking me for your 45 million alliance beating our 30 million but to be honest we went in knowing we just needed to finish the map to stay at gold 1. No one boosted or cared and we certainly didn’t heal. All that being said, if you only won 4 wars with the rosters you guys are rolling out that is more of an indictment of your alliance than ours.
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    That’s not an opinion - it’s a fact.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    the class ones are common but not the generic

Last I checked, duping a champion gives 20 levels so having someone at sig 200 doesn’t mean you dropped 200 stones.... I have completed all content in game and I challenge myself as well. I have never purchased a deal with money or units for sig stones. There are not many stones to be had in game. You have no point here and are just being contrarian and looking down your nose, which is your way.

If you bothered to check the math, you’re trying to refute, the dupes are accounted for, in excess. He had 1800 sig levels with 1500+ stones asserted.

If you choose to not take advantage of sig stones for units that doesn’t make them less common. It shows you do not value them which brings into question why you even bother thinking about them; well unless the argument is that you cbb and they should just be given to you. Sorry you’ll have to earn them, public tantrums won’t.

💥
    I like it @CoatHang3r
    This shouldn’t devolve into an explanation of how I play but as a professional with 3 children and a very low spender I have prioritized the units I do earn to completing content

I am not throwing a tantrum neither is op. It was a question, are there enough in game. I said I believe no. You on the other hand came in to tell everyone how wrong they are, not sure what that brings you in your life but good luck with that. I am not angry that more don’t exist but I do feel they are hard to come by.

The bigger question is why I bothered responding to you, which says somethings about me. I just tire of people who endlessly talk down to others in attempts to elevate themselves. I guess it’s the dad in me as I spend so much time trying to drill the behavior out of my kids
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Whut? Such BS, much wow.

First off, iirc, it’s estimated he plays ~3hours a day. Show me where you can earn sig stones based on how much time, daily, you spend playing the game. If you want to know how he does it, he plays well, challenges himself to improve his game play and completes all content.

The WR difference was ~100. Not sure why you think AQ ranking has anything to do with AW match ups. But thanks for being one of like 4 of our wins last season?

He estimates 3 hours of arena a day. Not 3 total.

BG is a horrible example of what a F2P player can expect earn.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    5* sig stones are common (enough in the game)

Whut? Such BS, much wow.

He estimates 3 hours of arena a day. Not 3 total.

BG is a horrible example of what a F2P player can expect earn.
    I dont think I've really ever seen anyone use him as an example of what to expect but only what is possible
    Yeah.... and the most widely known f2p player that streams most of what he does, who he ranks, crystals he opens, etc. wouldn’t be a good example anyway..... lol smh
    He just announced that since he has an opportunity, ie is getting a job, he can no longer play the way he has. It’s a pretty clear sign that style of f2p is not a great example
    edited January 2020
    I think the BG reference is more about how he was able to sig 200 high prestige champs as he pulled them from the sigs he’d hoarded and hoarded endlessly.... obviously he played an insane amount of time. And even with that, earning nearly every reward available, he still had to be very very wise in how he allocated those stones. So imo they aren’t that “common.” But I guess it may depend on who defines common.

He just announced that since he has an opportunity, ie is getting a job, he can no longer play the way he has. It’s a pretty clear sign that style of f2p is not a great example

Im betting it’s a job alright.... a job at Kabam!

You on the other hand came in to tell everyone how wrong they are, not sure what that brings you in your life but good luck with that.

Did you miss the part where you came in peddling falsehoods to tell me how wrong I am. Project much?

I came into this thread because I was part the debate mentioned in the OP and had prepared that post for the other thread when he created this one. It’s factual and researched unlike the assumptions you (and others) are continuously asserting to support your beliefs/desires.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    They are in the game and common but you have to work for them. I’m ftp and have a stash

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

Werewrym said:

One f2p roster does not set the standard for all accounts in the game. One data point is not enough to determine something with any sort of accuracy. Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and then we can talk.
    One data point is all that’s needed to illustrate the availability of an item in game over time.

“Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and we can talk” you’re killing me man. Do you think about what you’re saying before you type?
    You are totally and completely and utterly and extraordinarily wrong. 1 account is not data, that’s an anomaly. 100 accounts like that is true data. That’s like taking any research and just going off the findings of 1 lab rat, or 1 animal found in the wild. You take MULTIPLE samples before concluding youR research.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Once you start duping your 5* champions, sig stones become moot.

Werewrym said:

One f2p roster does not set the standard for all accounts in the game. One data point is not enough to determine something with any sort of accuracy. Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and then we can talk.
    One data point is all that’s needed to illustrate the availability of an item in game over time.

“Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and we can talk” you’re killing me man. Do you think about what you’re saying before you type?
    You are totally and completely and utterly and extraordinarily wrong. 1 account is not data, that’s an anomaly. 100 accounts like that is true data. That’s like taking any research and just going off the findings of 1 lab rat, or 1 animal found in the wild. You take MULTIPLE samples before concluding youR research.
    Not in the least.

1 f2p account is all it takes to show the availability of f2p sig stones within the game.

There have actually been opportunities unused by the account so it isn’t even the most they could earn. It is a bit of a shortcut taken by me though as referencing it was far easier than accounting for every last sig stone within the game.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @CoatHang3r I can show u accounts with 6* Kang or Thanos, or even goldpool. Does that mean they are common and everyone has them? Just because 1 account has a bunch of an item doesn't make it common.