**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

"Doc Ock" is banned from in-game chat usage.

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
Yeah, I get what your algorithm sees there, but it's ridiculous and should be fixed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Remove the K. Lol.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Put "Doc Oct" instead, also makes more sense since "Octopus" as well as "Otto Octavius" don't have a "K" in the name.
  • Options
    Hmm interesting, but did I say it was always spelt like "Doc Oct" in the Comics? No, just said it'd make more sense and would be a work around for Kabam's very basic censor system...
    It's like in a Pokemon Game you can't use an Unnamed Cofagrigus in Online Battles or Trades because someone forgot they had a set of 3 letters in the name they themselves considered offensive...
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Hmm interesting, but did I say it was always spelt like "Doc Oct" in the Comics? No, just said it'd make more sense and would be a work around for Kabam's very basic censor system...
    It's like in a Pokemon Game you can't use an Unnamed Cofagrigus in Online Battles or Trades because someone forgot they had a set of 3 letters in the name they themselves considered offensive...

So you're suggesting we stop using a name that has been used for 50+ years and change to something that 'makes more sense'? Doc Ock is his name, and it stays that way. We're not changing his name just because of some stupid algorithm.
    Jesus drama queen, no ones changing his name! Just using a different way to spell it when talking about him in-game as a work around, and everyone will still know who you're talking about, because we all know Kabam ain't gonna change this 1 thing in the censor algorithm when other Much Bigger problems wth said algorithm and more have been left unchanged for Years now...
  • Options
    JeniouisJeniouis Posts: 276
    Dude....its a letter different....A DANG LETTER DIFFERENCE. No, no one is changing a setting in the game simply because you alone are too trifling to change one letter to the next.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    There's no reason why Doc Ock or "Jane Foster" or other non vulgar words or phrases should be censored
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

There's no reason why Doc Ock or "Jane Foster" or other non vulgar words or phrases should be censored

I think to kabas algorithm, they can be used to mean other things
  • Options
    dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    edited January 2020
    My chat got banned because of such algorithms.