**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

THE REASON WHT DR.STRANGE GOT NERFED

This is just my "point of view" of why kabam / net marble decided to Nerf Dr strange to a point where he's almost useless now ..
Act 5 would have been a breeze with pre nerf strange with all the current nodes if you think about it ..
400% damage = that's much more healing ( the reason why they nerfed the Regen)
Powershield= he constantly gained power(why they reduced the power gain)
What are your thoughts on this ?

Comments

• NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Duh.....they said this when they nerfed him
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    Almost everything was a breeze with DS, SW, BW & Thor. Kabam was putting in nodes to counter their abilities, which made the content even more difficult for other champs (and players that didn't have those champs).

Nerfing them really did bring more balance to the game and made content playable for other chars. However, DS, SW & BW have such minimal use now, they almost need to start from scratch on those chars & abilities to make them relevant in the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    NDK13 wrote: »
    Duh.....they said this when they nerfed him

Not specifically. DS was a Swiss Army Knife, and could "cut" through just about anything. Counterspell, Power Gain, Regen, Fury, etc. That, in combination with the old system based on percentages and Synergies, made it virtually impossible to offer New Content that these Champs couldn't plow through. It was a combination of factors. Not just the individual Abilities themselves. People often make the mistake because they focus on what was changed.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    myPUNCAKE wrote: »
    Ah the "Historical 12.0 Mass Nerf Event" still being talked about after it was put in the history books. To be honest doctor strange is now a shadow of the new doctor in town... Doctor Octopus! Nah just playin' Doctor Voodoo.

Doc oc is way better then strange now
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    SummonerB2 wrote: »
    Ah the "Historical 12.0 Mass Nerf Event" still being talked about after it was put in the history books. To be honest doctor strange is now a shadow of the new doctor in town... Doctor Octopus! Nah just playin' Doctor Voodoo.

Doc oc is way better then strange now

And he wasn't saying strange is better the doc oc
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Why couldn't they just leave them alone and lock them out of new content? That would mean you could still use them for the AW and AQ but not new story quests or special challenges.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    They keep telling us is character balance, but the bottom line is...you were too good with Dr. Strange. We can't have that. We need you to grind and/or pay for new champs. And when you get too good with them, we nerf them and you need to bring and/or pay for another champ. It's a never ending money and time cycle. Best just to quit as it will never end.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Honestly though, I personally don't have him as a 4* champ, but I don't see why they shouldn't buff him. If Kabam doesn't add him as a 6* and the 4* version is the highest to obtain he would become irrelevant due to content difficulty
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    He is already irrelevant. Took over 800+ hits to kill ws. Times out in aq on day 1. Useless champ.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's irrelevant as a 4* now. They nerfed him way to hard. People will disagree but I don't think him, BW or Ultron needed the nerf. I understand Thors and SW nerf.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    He's dead to me. Atleast bw is somewhat useful.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Honestly though, I personally don't have him as a 4* champ, but I don't see why they shouldn't buff him. If Kabam doesn't add him as a 6* and the 4* version is the highest to obtain he would become irrelevant due to content difficulty

I got him right after he was nerfed..my luck is great!
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Baught my ds for 1000 units and he was my favourite champ.
    After 12.0 I ranked him down to r3 and haven't used him since
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I understand why they nerfed him, but he was hit waaaaay to hard. Nerfed his power gain and than introduced better power gain champs into the game. Nerfed his regen, but made it the worst in the game. Still so many champs with a better regen. Kabams actions on the nerf made zero sense to me and probably never will.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Immortal wrote: »
    He is already irrelevant. Took over 800+ hits to kill ws. Times out in aq on day 1. Useless champ.

I agree he is not nearly as good now but he always took about that many hits to take out winter soldier. He was never a damage champion he always timed out in AQ but it didn't matter because 1 regen phase would get him back to full.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited August 2017
    The ds regen need back. Power gain ok.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Yellsome wrote: »

I can top that I dupes my Thor during 12.0 and after 13.0 I used a gem on my sw
    Just duped her from a phc
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    Immortal wrote: »

I agree he is not nearly as good now but he always took about that many hits to take out winter soldier. He was never a damage champion he always timed out in AQ but it didn't matter because 1 regen phase would get him back to full.

His 3 phases used to interact with one another and the damage was way higher before. It was fun. His spells were satisfying..

I regret reranking him... I just miss the good doctor's gameplay so much ... battles aren't so exciting anymore.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

I have hundreds of Champs. Still haven't rolled a 4* Witch, Thor, or DS yet.
  • People still talking about this?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

I have hundreds of Champs. Still haven't rolled a 4* Witch, Thor, or DS yet.

2 accounts rolled her twice now on both first pull on one 5th pull on the other
    Popped Thor twice and ds 3 times on main