**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Acornicopia is too hard

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
I know there are a lot of posts complaining about how hard Epic is, but even the Master difficulty is too hard for what it's labeled as. Anyone who's Uncollected can probably 100% the Master difficulty EQ without any problem. The recommended team rating for those quests is something like 12,500, and you're probably rolling in with 30,000.

Master difficulty Acornicopia also has a recommended 12,500 rating, and the last three or four fights are always high level versions of some of the most challenging champs in the game, randomly selected so you can't even plan around them. The difficulty of those fights is basically Uncollected boss level, and you have to get past 9 out of 10 fights to make it worth the basket cost versus just slumming it in Heroic mode.

I know everyone's going to respond with "git gud" or whatever, but if you're good enough to 100% every other Master difficulty (or Heroic, or Uncollected, or whatever) event, you should be able to do this one too. Difficulty levels should be roughly the same regardless of the event, but this one does not seem correctly tuned.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If you can’t do a difficulty do the one before, each difficulty is harder than it’s respective eq, but this is an event where if you can’t do it don’t applies
  • Ir0nM8nIr0nM8n Posts: 33
    Agree with this post. Only the players with already having multiple awakening gems in stash will get one more.
    Not for the ones looking for their first or second. :(
  • Ir0nM8nIr0nM8n Posts: 33
    I did master EQ with few revives, but side event is on way higher level . :|
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    Ir0nM8n said:

Agree with this post. Only the players with already having multiple awakening gems in stash will get one more.

What does having multiple awakening gems in your stash have to do with being able to beat the content?? Lol
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    Epic is beatable but not worth it.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    tidusx2jr said:

Ir0nM8n said:

What does having multiple awakening gems in your stash have to do with being able to beat the content?? Lol
    If you've got so many awakened 5* champs already that you've got gems wasting away in your stash, you are probably at a point where most content is pretty easy.
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    I'm somewhat newly uncollected (wasn't able to 100% last month's EQ, and wasn't able to complete November at all), but have fully explored this month's, and am able to get about 6 fights into Epic.

That's fully what I expected. This content was meant to scale with all players so I didn't expect to complete it. It's all about making the most out of your resources. If you can't beat at least 6 fights in Epic, you get more points just doing Master. If you can't beat at least 8 fights in Master, you get more from Heroic. If you can't do it, oh well it's not for you.

Don't get bitter, just get better.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Agentk said:

Ir0nM8n said:

If you can’t even do master you don’t deserve high end rewards that are given from 5.3 and 5.4 100%
    Honestly I'm not even saying I deserve the awakening gem. If they don't want players at my level to be able to earn it, then that's fine I guess. I can't 100% 5.3 and 5.4 yet and I am totally okay with that because I understand it is very difficulty content and is properly labeled as such. All I'm really saying is, the difficulty levels should be labeled correctly. Master mode Acornicopia is absolutely not normal Master mode difficulty and suggesting you bring a team with total power 12,500 is just hilarious. I haven't even attempted Epic but from all the discussion, it sounds like even a lot of Cavalier players can't complete it, and it's definitely not on the same level as most other Uncollected/Epic difficulty events. So, again, I'd love to have the gem but my post is really about how the content is too hard for it's labeled difficulty level. I imagine even Heroic and Normal are harder than they should be.
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    FineDog said:

tidusx2jr said:

Ir0nM8n said:

If you've got so many awakened 5* champs already that you've got gems wasting away in your stash, you are probably at a point where most content is pretty easy.

Or perhaps they have them in their stash because they're waiting to pull a champ worth using it on? Ie; you wouldn't use a skill AG on Hawkeye or BP when there's the Nick Furys and Ægons out there. I personally have seen players with some of the very best champs maxed out, awakened and sig lvl 200 not be as good as some who haven't been able to awaken specific champs.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    See the problem I equate here is the difficulty balance in game isn’t understood anymore because the highest level of difficulty on monthly EQ doesn’t match what is needed. When something is labeled epic everyone assumes this is going to match or be closest to the highest EQ level as that was the way it was for a while.

I believe they are building epic to at least somewhat challenging to the cavalier rosters or at least make it entertaining and not completely mindless as epic is meant to be geared toward higher tier. Historically epic is meant to be closer to the higher tier of play(cavalier in this case I would say). This is not meant to match or be easy for uncollected players imo.

• kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I guess it all comes down to their intent. Was their intent to give everyone a 5* awakening crystal or to design the quest that your level of progression gets you what they feel the appropriate rewards for your current skill level. Looks like (especially with an Uncollected requirement in the store), it's the latter.

(There's also acorns available in featured arenas coming up too for those who may not be able to get enough fights in the acornucopia to get all the milestones so you're not down and out completely yet)

As for the awakening gem, there is certain a group between those who need to because they don't have any and those very end game players that don't - a group who could reasonably get it and need it. I consider myself in that category. I'm not doing map 7 aq or thinking about abyss of legends, but I am still cavalier and completely the EQ monthly. And I'm in a position where certain awakening gems could really help me. (Though of course I'm going to pull another tech because it's what I need the least)
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    You don't need to complete each map to get to 1m acorns. There are close to 2m from the entire event. If you get 5 or 6 fights in on Epic each day, then you are golden. Even if you cant, there are arenas, calendars, and other stuff to fill in the gap where the main event lacks.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    FineDog said:

the Master difficulty is too hard

Git gud, or you know...do the difficulty you can clear

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    FineDog said:

All I'm really saying is, the difficulty levels should be labeled correctly. Master mode Acornicopia is absolutely not normal Master mode difficulty and suggesting you bring a team with total power 12,500 is just hilarious.

The difficulty labels don't describe the exact difficulty of the content, they roughly describe the target audience. Different content is intended to be easier or harder, so the Master tier special quests could be harder than the Master tier monthly quests simply because they are intended to be harder.

I suppose they could just invent new names for the difficulty tiers of special quests, but that seems to be extra work for no real net benefit. For every player that wants Master special to be identical to Master monthly and that problem would be erased, I would bet there would be many players that would be constantly asking what those difficulty labels meant, because they were different than the labels elsewhere.

This also creates the frankly ridiculous precedent that if the special event quest is harder this month than last month they have to invent all new difficulty labels, and if we have three separate distinct things going on (which has happened) they would need to invent even more difficulty labels. At that point, they might as well just number the tiers one, two, three, four, and five, so there is no evocation at all. And people would still complain that difficulty three in the special event was much higher than monthly three but lower than monthly four, so it should be labeled tier three point six.

This is one of those complaints where I understand the complaint, but all solutions to the complaint are vastly worse than just leaving it alone. Some stuff you just have to learn and accept, and evocative but imprecise difficulty tier labels is one of those.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Yeah to me the tiers of Normal, Master, Epic etc scale to the content of each event vs any baseline - it's been my experience in playing this game for a couple years.

So side quest Master this month might be harder than Master EQ, but next month they could be the same, and another month (like the Deadpool valentine event last year February) the Master side quest might be easier than the Master EQ.

You only know when you jump in!
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    The problem is going in blind. I should have written all the nodes down but too lazy. The champs themselves aren't horrible but I find myself needing different counters for the nodes than what I brought. It's only day two, I figure we'll all have better teams soon moving forward.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Ir0nM8n said:

tidusx2jr said:

Ir0nM8n said:

In simple words, 1M target for Gem is not accessible for player who wants to progress further. It is just for the ones who have already progressed higher and don't need it much for progression.
    People say this about all the rewards, that they can't get the rewards without progressing higher and they can't progress higher without those rewards. Except the game adds new players every single day, and if these were true statements no one who joined the game after 2016 would get past Act 4.

Yeah, the awakening gem is not targeted in general for players with six 5* champs and really really need to awaken that Void, but there are tons of players with progressing rosters that have a lot of 5* champs and even have rank 4 champs but still would find a 5* awakening gem useful. And there are many players who couldn't even complete all of the Master quest that still technically have a shot at it.

Here's a point of reference. Suppose you can do Master but you cannot beat the boss before you wipe or the timer runs out. 37 runs of 9 fights is 269952 acorns. Suppose you can't even do that but you can fully complete Heroic. 56 runs of Heroic is 249928. The important thing to note is both numbers are above 200k. Why is this important? Because there are two million acorns up for grabs, and the Acornucopia accounts for 1.2 million of them. Which means if you can get at least 200k acorns out of the Acornucopia side quest, there is theoretically enough acorns in the rest of the game to get to one million. It requires doing basically everything else, including arena milestones and fully exploring UC (and Master, Heroic, and Normal) but it is doable. In fact if you get all the milestones for 3* and 4* but can't get them all for 5*, you don't need that either: you need four of the five (in every arena run).

I'm not saying everyone can do this. This is obviously an extreme corner case. But I'm saying a player that can't do the Epic side quests, and for that matter can't even do all of the Master side quests, still has a mathematical shot at it. To a limited extent a lot of effort can make up for a lower difficulty ceiling. And other players have proposed less extreme scenarios where, for example, they think they can fully complete Master Acornucopia but can't fully explore UC, but could explore two chapters of UC; there are difficult but possible paths for those scenarios to work as well.

So the idea that the awakening gem is only achievable for players that don't really need it is false on its face. The higher you are, the easier it is to get and the less relatively valuable it is to you; that's always true for any reward. But players who would find it extremely valuable have paths to get it with enough time and effort. And for a reward that is that valuable, you should expect it to be difficult to get even with a lot of time and effort put into it. Difficult, but not impossible.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I completed the epic 100% twice now gonna go for a third one today
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I'm uncollected since a few weeks and I can't complete master. This is a first for me.

Kabam really underestimates the difficulty of going blind. It is basically a spin of the wheel of (mis)fortune: either you enter the quest with the champions you need, or you don't.

I'm pretty confident I can beat a 18k oscillate IMIW, if I bring my Medusa. But I also needed to take into account I could face evade, regen, unstoppable and all other nasty nodes. Medusa was the sixth champion I couldn't bring.

So there you have it: facing a boss that you can barely scratch. No daily side-quest should drain your health pots like that.

Which is the real reason: Kabam wants your units, or better said, wants you to buy units. The gifting event wasn't enough. I should have known the second I saw the store: it is too good to be true.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Agentk said:

FineDog said:

Agentk said:

Ir0nM8n said:

If you can’t even do master you don’t deserve high end rewards that are given from 5.3 and 5.4 100%
    Honestly I'm not even saying I deserve the awakening gem. If they don't want players at my level to be able to earn it, then that's fine I guess. I can't 100% 5.3 and 5.4 yet and I am totally okay with that because I understand it is very difficulty content and is properly labeled as such. All I'm really saying is, the difficulty levels should be labeled correctly. Master mode Acornicopia is absolutely not normal Master mode difficulty and suggesting you bring a team with total power 12,500 is just hilarious. I haven't even attempted Epic but from all the discussion, it sounds like even a lot of Cavalier players can't complete it, and it's definitely not on the same level as most other Uncollected/Epic difficulty events. So, again, I'd love to have the gem but my post is really about how the content is too hard for it's labeled difficulty level. I imagine even Heroic and Normal are harder than they should be.
    Yes but if your uncollected and can’t do master which isn’t close in difficulty to 5.4 and 5.3 100% then why do you deserve the 5* gem
    I spend one team revived on the collector and two lvl 1 revived. I've spend more on the master boss. How? I couldn't prepare myself to have the best option. The difficulty is not the fights themselves but the unknown.