**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How To Stop Mercs..>Forever. Please Consider Kabam.

KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
Mercs have plagued this game for many years. Kabam has a history of banning the accounts of people who pay for merc services. Well today we have a simple solution to end the merc community once and for all. Many iphone and android apps have two step authentication processes in place. Our phones now have faceID recognition and finger print readers. It would be very easy for Kabam to allow the player to turn on such a feature. In fact it would be very appealing to push this feature to new players. New players would turn this feature on without a second thought for the most part. Easy logins. Nice backup so folks can't just steal your account and sell it on ebay. I honestly don't think this would be a hard task for kabam to complete and i'm quite shocked it hasn't been done yet.

So now you ask "How this will stop the merc community" and its pretty straight forward. Over time the growth of new players would possibly outweigh the old, shady, merc using, unit fraud buying, cheating community. All these players would have opted for this login feature so when they feel the need to HIRE a merc to say....do a legend run....well now they have to turn off this feature. Doing legend runs without this feature on would be a HUGE red flag to kabam. This would allow kabam to look at their list of legend runners and see who used the feature and who didn't. This would narrow down the folks kabam needs to look into and quite possibly ban. Too many people on a monthly basis have their rewards stolen by accounts who don't deserve the rewards.

This could also be used as a feature where if you DO NOT have it turned on you will not be eligible for legend runs. Would anyone really complain about this? No... Only the merc community would complain since it hurts their wallets. I believe long term by having this feature on our game it would completely destroy this shady community of cheaters. It would even stop shady websites from being able to log into your account and dump cheap odins. Overall its a win win feature that not only protects your account from unauthorized logins but also squashes a toxic community of cheaters.

Would it end that community 100%? No. Folks already have their hooks into crappy players who use them weekly for content clearing and arena. Long term though it would severely hurt their profit growth when all those new players try to turn it off and get caught.

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    edited January 2020

There are so many issues with this "plan" of yours that I don't even know where to begin...

please, begin, since its an optional feature you opt into....where's the problem? my banking app does it fine. my paypal does it fine. its all on your phone's security features. plenty of games have two step authentication's to protect your account.. well we have devices that have it built in now.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    The mercs, the fraudulent gifting transactions, none of thease effect my game or game account. The only thing that is a problem that effects everyone (really only those who play the arena to get champs) is the arena bots. Some player paying another player 100$ to do LOL has absolutely no effect on anyone's account, why care what another account has or completed, it doesn't mean you get less champs. All this idea has is the potential to ban the wrong players and inject more bugs in an already bugged game.
    Neotwism said:

I do not want Kabam having my fingerprints or retina scan. Simple as that. Kabam could ban cheaters including mercs if they wanted. The problem is those "mercs" drive-up item use and makes ppl spend more which gives kabam more profit. A lot of ppl don't have those features on their devices. If ppl don't "opt in" would they not be eligible for legend runs under your scenario? How would that be fair? This would create more problems than it would solve.

this is just you clearly not having knowledge of how this works. all that info is stored at apple/google. not with kabam. geez.
    G0311 said:

The mercs, the fraudulent gifting transactions, none of thease effect my game or game account. The only thing that is a problem that effects everyone (really only those who play the arena to get champs) is the arena bots. Some player paying another player 100$ to do LOL has absolutely no effect on anyone's account, why care what another account has or completed, it doesn't mean you get less champs. All this idea has is the potential to ban the wrong players and inject more bugs in an already bugged game.

what about legend run times?

how does it ban the "wrong players"?

how does it inject "more bugs"

is your banking app bugged? how about your blizzard login authenticator? lol

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Curious with the banning I'm sure will be going on. Will Kabam do something for us players who legitimately played and say landed in one bracket away from a 5* Kang or Thanos and lost out due to this, will we get some compensation for losing out due to people intentionally cheating. It frustrates me that players who work hard and don't cheat lose in events because of clear cheating on others parts.
    edited January 2020
    i honestly believe only folks who use shady methods and cheat this game will be against this "optional" feature

KerayZ said:

i honestly believe only folks who use shady methods and cheat this game will be against this "optional" feature

By that logic 99% of players are modders, I guess. Honestly though, are you being serious here or trolling?
    i'm dead serious. you arent going for a legend run with an old phone that doesnt have faceID or fingerprint readers. youre using the latest phones that have it all built in. i explain more in my video though. its a total win win. you telling me you dont want to protect your account from hackers by having this feature turned on?
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Considering kabam has said they will be banning people cheating in AoL.. it seems they already have the abilities to tell when an account is being used by a merc. That being said.. although your suggestion would prevent mercs from logging into accounts.. it seems it's not needed.. kabam already has what they need.. it's just a matter of them enforcing their own rules. Regardless what system is in place.. if they company responsible for the product doesn't take this activity seriously it will never stop.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @KerayZ if it's optional how will it help solve the problems? The cheaters and mercs simply won't opt-in. I don't see how this would solve anything, so I guess with your logic, that means I'm a modder somehow. Lol
  • Brilliant idea how can we get this put into place asap
    edited January 2020
    Neotwism said:

@KerayZ if it's optional how will it help solve the problems? The cheaters and mercs simply won't opt-in. I don't see how this would solve anything, so I guess with your logic, that means I'm a modder somehow. Lol

if 100 people do a legend run; simple example; and 80 people use the authenticator..thats only 20 accounts that kabam REALLY really needs to focus in on to make sure are legit.

if 1 million people play the game; 800,000 opt in...thats only 200,000 accounts that kabam has to check to make sure arent botting, hacking, modding, mercing, buying shady units...

what do you think is easier for kabam to crack down on? 20 accounts or 100? 200,000 or 1 million. not saying they dont have to check all 1 million but it helps them narrow down where they need to put extra focus to catch shady stuff.

win win brother.
  • Kilo11Kilo11 Posts: 5
    I think the Face ID/ finger print is a great idea and should be implemented. However, I know it will never be done. It takes effort on Kabam's part.

They have the technology to fix the problem now but they won't. Why would they invest their money in new technology if they do care about the problem? I relize it would just be writing code to access your phones systems but still someone has to do that.

With that said, If they roll it out I would opt in.
    edited January 2020
    Kilo11 said:

I think the Face ID/ finger print is a great idea and should be implemented. However, I know it will never be done. It takes effort on Kabam's part.

They have the technology to fix the problem now but they won't. Why would they invest their money in new technology if they do care about the problem? I relize it would just be writing code to access your phones systems but still someone has to do that.

With that said, If they roll it out I would opt in.

when you make a purchase you have to use your faceID or fingerprint reader to complete the purchase. apple/google have already given them the tools to easily turn it on. its really not as hard as you're implying and all data is stored with apple/google. not kabam.

they can even make their own "kabam" authenticator that you download and attach to ALL your kabam accounts. so whether its transformers/mcoc or mROC...wouldnt matter its a kabam one. this is also an option they have to protect accounts and push people away from cheating. a kabam authenticator wouldnt use your face or fingerprint info either. it would be a digital code attached to your device only. blizzard does this successfully along with many other gaming companies.
  • I don’t want my face or fingerprint to be given out to companies that I cannot control. If you lock an authentication to one device, then I can never upgrade from whatever device I’m on, ever. I hope you can see why that is a bad idea.

On an IPhone and Google services, your personal information is not stored on the cloud, they are stored in-device. There is no way to compare the faceID of one device to another, and if there were, I wouldn’t trust it. I don’t want someone to have my information, cut and dry. Not to mention the legalities of specific countries. It’s a massive hassle, and is not as simple as you are making it out to be.

Sincerely,
    Someone who works in Internet security for a living.
    edited January 2020

I don’t want my face or fingerprint to be given out to companies that I cannot control. If you lock an authentication to one device, then I can never upgrade from whatever device I’m on, ever. I hope you can see why that is a bad idea.

On an IPhone and Google services, your personal information is not stored on the cloud, they are stored in-device. There is no way to compare the faceID of one device to another, and if there were, I wouldn’t trust it. I don’t want someone to have my information, cut and dry. Not to mention the legalities of specific countries. It’s a massive hassle, and is not as simple as you are making it out to be.

Sincerely,
    Someone who works in Internet security for a living.

actually it is; because its an option. you dont have to do it. lets face it every person going for legend titles has the newest device with faceID and fingerprint reader. so i'm not sure what your issue is? are you just that paranoid you dont use these features at all? must be a scary way to live life. so untrusting of the companies you give money to for your devices.

that said there is the option of a kabam authentication too that i mentioned; you opposed to that too? its attached to your device...ya buy a new phone you gotta prove you are the person who owned the previous one(OH NO)...something blizzard has done for well over a decade.

signed someone who understands gaming
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Personally, I don’t care at all if someone hires a merc. This problem barely effects 1% of the players of the game. It is barely a problem compared to the piloting situation that was rampant before in aw.

Kabam has so many more important issues to fix than this.
    edited January 2020

Personally, I don’t care at all if someone hires a merc. This problem barely effects 1% of the players of the game. It is barely a problem compared to the piloting situation that was rampant before in aw.

Kabam has so many more important issues to fix than this.

only 1% of the player base has their accounts hacked or stolen through phishing scams?
    only 1% of the player base get exposed to mercs throughout their gaming adventure in MCOC?
    only 1% of the player base get exposed to shady unit scams and frauds?
    only 1% of the player base have to compete with bots in the arenas? intermediate and veteran?

youre acting like this is hard for them to do when it isn't lol
    Agentk said:

If it’s optional then there’s literally no point to it any person who hires a merc would opt out of it

which narrows down the accounts kabam needs to really focus on.
This discussion has been closed.