**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Havok & Void Counter?

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
Could someone suggest the best for these two champs? It really difficult to beat them in AW.

Comments

• Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Anyone with armor takes no damage from Havok's plasma, as his ability states. Any high damage champ works against void. He's easy if you end the fight quickly.
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    On top of the tips above, some champions (and mostly skill ones, which have class advantage against Void) have more than five hits in a standard combo, which helps you hit multiples of 10 easier. Also consider champs (again, mostly skill) that can either stop him placing debuffs (such as Blade with the trinity) or shake them off quickly.

For Havok you either need a champ with armour (Venom, Vulture, Angela, Warlock etc) or a champ with reliable power drain (such as Vision). But armour champs in particular make him significantly easier because you don’t need to worry about plasma detonation, which is the killer in most cases.
  • Options
    SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    Void is easy. Just bring in a high damage champ that can end it early before he gets too many buffs going. He has no real defensive mechanics other than DOT once he is ramped up.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Cyke & Howard are often overlooked Havok counters.

Void tends to melt with any skill bleeder as long as you monitor your combo meter when you close in on multiples of 10 hits. I’m curious (never used him in Void) how Kingpin does with his ability to shrug debuffs.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★

Namor max sig easily takes them both

Kabam has still not blessed me with Namor, not even 3* :#
  • Options
    I use KM for void and I use venom or havok
  • Options
    Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
    Cull is good against Havok (and i.e. IMIW and Domino) since he can parry projectiles
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Elsa does great against Void because she changes non-damaging debuffs into a precision buff for herself. She also can deal extra damage to science champs if awakened and has class advantage.
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★

Elsa does great against Void because she changes non-damaging debuffs into a precision buff for herself. She also can deal extra damage to science champs if awakened and has class advantage.

I'm just learning Elsa. She looks like a great Void counter if fighting a problematic one but haven't tried it yet. I just got her recently, she's fun but not sure about much else
  • Options
    DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Colossus is a good counter vs Havok
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    For Havok: anyone with power drain and/or armor up

For Void: literally anyone. I have had bad experience with 6 hit combos tho. Champs that can purify/shrug off debuffs can be useful. Fun fact, probably bes combo counter for Void is Squirrel girl, who gets bursts of extra combo hits
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Void anyone with tenacity or just quake him. Cyclops or anyone with armor up or power drain will deal with havok. havok himself is an option and avoid energy damage dealers.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Taskmaster is an underrated Havok counter. Goes immune to debuffs before Havok can detonate. Paired with Willpower you can actually heal quite a bit to counter block damage.

Plus you don’t need to worry about nodes like Crumbling Armor
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Best counter to Havok is Vulture. He literally eats him. As for Void, consider Agent Venom the best. Debuffs shrug off, plus multiple hits at sp1, minimize intimidating presence damage.
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Havok
    Use another havok. Any armor up buff (venom, Angela, warlock, etc). Any power drain (warlock, vision, etc) Taskmaster (0 detonations)

Void
    Just time your combos and you can beat him with anyone. But amazing counters are Nick, Aegon, Stealthy, Blade (with ir without trinity).
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Chanps that have a lot of hits on their SP are good vs void

1 combo and SP1 from hyperion are 10 hits. SP 2 can stun so you can follow with hits
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    Fun fact against Havok: Taskmaster becomes immune to debuffs before the plasma charges can detonate, so you end up with free healing from willpower and a huge bonus to special attack damage.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Havok against havok is pretty fun since you can pretty much take his sp3 to the face and it will deal no damage, same with the beam hits on his sp1 and 2, but only the beam hits. The physical hits can easily be evaded. The energy attacks that you take will give you plasma, Havok still takes damage from the plasma feedback on the heavy. It’s slow but it’s easy. Just an option.
  • Options
    MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    i found out that Red Hulk purifies debuffs really quickly, so he's a possible counter. Anyone who can shrug off debuffs quickly can counter Void. As for Havok, awakened high sig Namor works like a beast. He doesn't take damage from his plasma detonation via his awakened ability and instead, Havok takes the damage. Iron Man IW can work as well if you play him correctly.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    For havok any armor champ and void anybody really if you can time your combo. You can also use a debuff shrugging champ verse void but do not use that verse havok(take direct damage every time).

I personally like cap IW verse both on my war team as void i can work my combo and burst down and verse havok I can heavy bait without taking a lot of chip damage.

Edit: I do not have a skill champ on my war team to avoid the debuff shrug issue verse havok
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 297
    Maybe someone can help me out:
    I used Taskmaster quite a few times against Havok, never came to the detonation because he gets immune to debuffs before they detonate, right, also the healing via willpower is nice.

So i used him against Havok boss in 6.3.3 and got the detonation to the face every time, i couldn't figure out why this happened, is it the Force of Will node? Or the extinction protocol, or maybe a bug?

Has someone experienced this too?
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    I see lots of people have forgot about SheHulk for Void. Granted she needs to be awakened.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    How does Cyclops counter Havok? I've read through each of their abilities and don't see anything indicating it.

Also Aarkus is another Void counter. At max sig he's guaranteed to shrug all his debuffs.