**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My personal frustration with the Skill class

2»

Comments

• Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Rank up who you like to play and who you'll use! I ranked Masacre over Blade or Nick Fury with 0 regrets. I use him with Domino and Rulk all the time and I prefer his play over the others. I've since taken Aegon and Blade to r5 as well but I use Masacre more than the other 3 combined and it's not even close.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Do you by chance have a 5 Star Taskmaster?
    He's not the Beyond God Tier Best Champion but can certainly be Amazing if you get his Slightly Above Moderate Skill Level Playstyle down, and once you do he is Really Fun to play, while at the same time wouldn't steamroll every bit of content.
    I think he's the perfect medium in my opinion.

I do! He's at 3/45 and I am pretty freaking good with him. I actually like the kit. I used him on that 6.1 Thing miniboss and he did pretty good. But I just don't think his DPS is gonna get me where I need to go for the resources -- it wasn't that smooth.

I have always said that DPS isn't my primary focus, and it isn't. But you know how it is: At some point, you gotta be able to get 150K-300K characters down efficiently, and Taskmaster just doesn't have any way to scale the DPS up
    I haven't really had a problem with that since I got the Heavy Attack Weakness Reset thing down, that Direct Damage adds up quickly and it means you can use Heavies more regularly without having to Parry first which is a nice work around for Defensive Stun Immune Champions. Also love that bit where his Debuffs get strong for the more Debuffs you've placed on the Enemy, as well his eventual Debuff Immunity which is great for fighting champions like Invisible Woman or Annihilus on Beefy Nodes.

ESF said:

He's not the Beyond God Tier Best Champion but can certainly be Amazing if you get his Slightly Above Moderate Skill Level Playstyle down, and once you do he is Really Fun to play, while at the same time wouldn't steamroll every bit of content.

I do! He's at 3/45 and I am pretty freaking good with him. I actually like the kit. I used him on that 6.1 Thing miniboss and he did pretty good. But I just don't think his DPS is gonna get me where I need to go for the resources -- it wasn't that smooth.

I have always said that DPS isn't my primary focus, and it isn't. But you know how it is: At some point, you gotta be able to get 150K-300K characters down efficiently, and Taskmaster just doesn't have any way to scale the DPS up
    I haven't really had a problem with that since I got the Heavy Attack Weakness Reset thing down, that Direct Damage adds up quickly and it means you can use Heavies more regularly without having to Parry first which is a nice work around for Defensive Stun Immune Champions. Also love that bit where his Debuffs get strong for the more Debuffs you've placed on the Enemy, as well his eventual Debuff Immunity which is great for fighting champions like Invisible Woman or Annihilus on Beefy Nodes.
    https://auntm.ai/champions/taskmaster/tier/5 check out the scaling and such, when you have the time, between the Rank 3 and Rank 4. It's not bad compared to most champions.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

ESF said:

Yeah? Huh. What is the Direct Damage coming in at for you? What rank is your TM?

If yours is at R4 or higher, I would definitely like to know where the Direct Damage is. I like him enough to take up
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    So what I’m taking away from this is that you can’t decide whether to rank up a champion that’ll actually do something in 6.2, or to rank up something that’ll be useless because you enjoy them and want to be different?

Honestly your choice is fairly obvious, progress or fun.
    I know who I’d go for but I consider nick fury to be fun so it’d be win/win for me.
    Don’t consider MK, BP etc to be fun and tbh I try to avoid using some of them even in arena.
    I will say that ronin is pretty fun and not considered top tier, dunno how far he will get you though.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Don't sleep on Killmonger!

I feel like many have moved on from KM in the nearly 2 years since his release (favoring Blade or Nick Fury in the skill class), but I still use him all the time. I am in Tier 2-3 wars and he's ALWAYS on my attack teams and he sees a minimum of 2 fights but usually closer to 4.

He's got great synergies, great damage output, and he's very tanky. I also find his animations fun and satisfying. I use him in end-game content a lot too. He was my go-to for the 6.3 Medusa fight, which isn't all that mind-blowing. Many people used him for that. However, I found success using him against the 6.3 Nick Fury Boss as well. I wasn't having great luck using Omega or Sabretooth, but Killmonger was able to pull out multiple solos against him. That protection via indestructible charges was very nice.

I've seen a few people mention KM here, and that's great! I hope he gets the respect he deserves. I'm just throwing it out there that he's a very effective and satisfying champ to play.
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Yeah? Huh. What is the Direct Damage coming in at for you? What rank is your TM?

If yours is at R4 or higher, I would definitely like to know where the Direct Damage is. I like him enough to take up
    Mines currently at Rank 3 which is just over 1,050 Direct Damage every couple of Seconds once you get in the Rhythm, from what Auntm.ai says the Rank 4 Version's Direct Damage is just barely under 1,400 which would probably add up quickly!