**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

1616263646567»

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Will this thread ever die?
  • SupermancaSupermanca Posts: 222
    edited December 2019
    Just give Cull some immunities and better block proficiency and we all good. I haven’t ranked up my six star until I see what will happen with Cull. I don’t even use him anymore.
  • WardenWarden Posts: 1
    You announced the expected buff on September 11th with a timeline of 3 months. This timeline ends in 3 days and still no news. Are you going to stick on schedule with this or are 3months in the multiverse equivalent to 3 years on Earth?
    Warden said:

You announced the expected buff on September 11th with a timeline of 3 months. This timeline ends in 3 days and still no news. Are you going to stick on schedule with this or are 3months in the multiverse equivalent to 3 years on Earth?

Mate they already said they're pausing it
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Warden said:

Mate that was three months ago with the promise the pause would end three months later aka now. I need to know if Maw is any good, my mystic t3cc is expiring in 19 days. So Kabam gets until the 27th from me.

Zuro said:

Warden said:

Mate that was three months ago with the promise the pause would end three months later aka now. I need to know if Maw is any good, my mystic t3cc is expiring in 19 days. So Kabam gets until the 27th from me.
    I get that but donot you think if they had any info they would of already spreaded it so it's best if you use your mystic catalyst on someone else then
  • AshMoskovAshMoskov Posts: 54
    I just got him and I saw this hahhaha
  • SupermancaSupermanca Posts: 222
    No news. Mike just said they will be postponing till February.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Up... Still not news. Not cool to don't give us any news kabam...
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Where and when ???
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    We should probably just use this time to at least R4 the guys and use them for Variant and other content like Act6. Not rooting for Kabam, but the fact is no news in the case of Cull is good news as he is more OP Noel's than what he will be at the end.
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    Any Update About Ebony maw
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Lyra
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Lovek said:

Where and when ???

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★

Lovek said:

Where and when ???

I would love to know why the decision is to tell us in January, after all these offers and deals are happening Nov-Dec.

I can see some outrage coming in this news...

Hopefully not though!
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    I’m not sure there will be outrage as much as people will stop caring and waiting to decide on Cull and Ebony Maw. They are dead to us now. There are other champs that are worth paying attention to. I was mad that I R4’d, awakened, and sig 200 my Cull, but that was back in September. I found it best to get pissed then and move on with my roster, rather than expecting Kabam to explain or reconcile the issue.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Hey, so I’m a returning player from March and just got a 6* Obsidian Cull. I immediately googled to see how to properly use him and came across this possible nerf. I understand he does crazy damage, but it’s only AFTER he’s at 10 charges and his Thanos’s favor charges only last 10ish seconds. His rout ability is nice, but doesn’t push him over the edge. He’s definitely not usable in Act 6, so I’m not too sure I understand the reason for a nerf or “rebalance”.

He does have a great sig ability, but those are supposed to be useful anyways. Just trying to understand how Kabam is claiming Obsidian Cull is doing crazy amounts of damage when my stark spidey is doing more damage throughout the entire fight and not just for a few seconds
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    Mid January and still no info about upcoming rebalance. Would help to decide what to do with this champs, ranking any up or not.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Fabwizi said:

DNA3000 said:

Just trying to understand how Kabam is claiming Obsidian Cull is doing crazy amounts of damage when my stark spidey is doing more damage throughout the entire fight and not just for a few seconds

The best explanation is something like this. Person A says that doctors make more money than plumbers. Person B says their son is a plumber and they make more money than any doctor they know. Does one of them have to be incorrect or lying? Not necessarily.

If Kabam said Angela does more damage than Sparky (this is a simple example, not saying this is true), you might initially think they were crazy. But it might be that the reason this is true (again: just hypothetically) is that across all players that play both champions most players don't get great damage out of Sparky because they aren't skilled enough to maximize his poise charges or worse, maybe straight up die while trying. Meanwhile practically everyone who plays Angela might be getting better than average damage from her buffs, even when she's played basically without any special tactics at all.

When a game operator says something is far above average, it may not be because their best case is better than everyone else's best case. Sometimes it is because their worst case is better than everyone else's worst case, or it might be something difficult to see because it is difficult to predict how all players play a game. I don't know why Cull was targeted, but some scenario like this is the most likely reason.
    If it was so then just bring out the scenario because if we report something kabam always ask for screen shot and we are not given 3 months for collecting the screen shot,are we?
    If by "bring out the scenario" you mean Kabam should specify the precise set of circumstances under which Cull overperforms, I think you've misunderstood my post. The "scenario" I'm referring to is the one I actually mention in the post: that the averages might show a different result than individual anecdotes.

If, in my hypothetical above, Angela was performing better than Sparky on average, how would you prove it except by showing the players all of the performance reports the game generates, including the precise way the game measures different kinds of performance and in what kind of aggregates? And most game operators aren't willing to share that information, as it is not only proprietary in many cases but also provides details about the game implementation they don't always want made public.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yeah, this is kind of a joke at this point with 3 weeks to February’s release where these changes are supposed to take place(and where it’s highly likely the update is already fully coded and submitted to Apple already).

Doesn’t seem like Kabam wants to tell us the changes and to communicate with us about them.
This discussion has been closed.