Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Kabam Yall have me confused

Yall took away wasps passive stun against defenders on stun immune nodes but ghosts states that each damage over time debuff is removed when she phases yet there are passive damage over time debuffs that wont be removed when phasing like against warlock so are yall going to fix that so ghost can phase off passive damage over time abilities? I think what I am asking for isnt a big deal considering what yall just did with wasp

Comments

• Options
    wilibearwilibear Posts: 46
    Oh no I know that but a stun and a stun passive are two different things as well
  • Options
    But they still took away the ability to chain in a heavy in your combo with the PASSIVE stun against stun immune champs
  • Options
    nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    wilibear said:

Oh no I know that but a stun and a stun passive are two different things as well

If some is immune to stun effects it will be immune to to debuff and passive stun. Whats so hard to understand?
  • Options
    With that logic if someone is immune to all debuff affect with the aw node then warlock shouldn't be able to place his passive debuff but he does
  • Options
    Debuffs and passives are 2 different things. U probably don’t understand how effects work in this game
  • Options
    And stun and passive stun are two different things
  • Options
    Your telling me that the word passive completely changes the definition of how the ability interacts and I completely agree but if a ability interacts differently than others due to it being a passive ability then it should be the same with a passive stun as it is with other passive debuffs
  • Options
    Stun is one effect that can be categorized to passive and debuff effect. Is some one is immune to stun it will be immune to both passive and debuff effects.
  • Options
    Stun is classified as a debuff that is why you cant Perry debuff immune champs
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Again there is no such a thing as “passive debuff”. There are 2 effects passive effect and debuff effect.
  • Options
    Wasp cant place stun passive on stun immune champions/nodes. But if there is node called immune to all debuffs wasp still can place stun passive and stun opponents.
  • Options

wilibear said:

But they still took away the ability to chain in a heavy in your combo with the PASSIVE stun against stun immune champs

Because they are STUN-immune. Should BLEED-immune champs be affected by nightcrawlers passive bleed? Should SHOCK-immune champs be affected by passive shocks?

What the heck is your problem...?
    The problem is he does know the difference between passive and debuff. Once he will figure it out it will start to make sense for him.
  • Options
    And I agree with that but I think the guys above a failing to see that no matter how you look at it, it is a shady technically lol and kabam only removed it because to many people could clear content with it because, right after wasp was released someone started a thread about wasp being able to stun stun immune champs with her passive ability and kabam response was that they are aware and not to worry her passive stun is working as intended but now it is an issue
  • Options
    I may not be a very educate man but I am smart enough to remember when the original thread was made after her release that after they said it was working as intended they explain it the very same way yall are smh they said and I quote " a stun and a passive stun are two different things and that is why sh can passively stun stun immune champs"
  • Options
    wilibear said:

I may not be a very educate man but I am smart enough to remember when the original thread was made after her release that after they said it was working as intended they explain it the very same way yall are smh they said and I quote " a stun and a passive stun are two different things and that is why sh can passively stun stun immune champs"

Can u link that post?
  • Options
    Your getting upset with me for saying the exact same thing kabam said
  • Options
    No I'm pretty sure it was against stun immune champs
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    [Images removed by moderator as per forum rules.]
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    [Images removed by moderator as per forum rules.]
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • Options
    Help ticket boys
  • Options
    Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, just wanted to step in here and clarify this. Stun Debuffs and Passive Stun Effects both fall under the larger category of Stun Effects. An opponent who is Stun Immune should be unaffected by any form of Stun, whether it was a Stun Debuff or a Passive Stun. Wasp could still inflict her Passive Stun on an opponent who was just Debuff Immune, since her Stun is a Passive Effect, not a Debuff. (This works the same for other types of Effects like Bleeds, Poisons, or Shocks.)

The intended function of these interactions was specified as far back as her Champion spotlight, as can be seen here. There was an issue where she was able to apply her Passive Stun to opponents on a Stun Immune node, but that was fixed after it was brought to our attention. I hope that helps clear things up!

This discussion has been closed.