**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Update Champions of the Universe

So I know The Champion is probably off radar and past his time and will pretty much understand if this suggestion gets overlooked. But if anyone still has interest in this character, maybe it’s time to give the guy a slight update. After 2 years his list of Contest’s Greatest Fighters could use maybe 6 or 12 more of newer champs added to this list.

I believe there was polling by the developers to have the summoners pick the top 2 of each class at time. Apparently the winners of this poll made this list. Well maybe this tactic can be done between:

Mutant: Domino, Omega Red, Namor, Havoc, White Queen.

Skill: Aegon, Nick Fury, Korg, Night Trasher, Masacre.

Science: Thing, Human Torch, updated Red Hulk, Cap IW, Wasp.

Mystic: Dr. Doom, Supreme Symbiote, Black Widow CV, Dr. Voodoo, Mephisto

Cosmic: Silver Surfer, Cull Obsidian, updated Venom, Captain Marvel (movie), Annihlus.

Tech: Iron Man IW, Warlock, Darkhawk, Guillotine 2099, Ghost.

These are just a few names I’m throwing out. But ideally The Champion needs to get with the times.

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Yes, and also the fury duration needs to be considerably increased
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    From a previous thread:

Magrailothos
    11:13AM edited 11:19AM
    @will-o-wisp I recognise that - as usual - you're against change for the sake of change. Which is fine. And I'm not advocating it be random or capricious. Not am I arguing just for the sake of arguing (honest!)

The thing is, Champion's ability is not meant to be "Champion is particularly good at fighting twelve reasonably effective, but otherwise disparate opponents."

Champions ability is described thus:
    (1) The Champion always seeks to fight against the Greatest Fighters in the universe...

The ability is then further described as follows:
    (2) Contest’s Greatest Fighters: Star-Lord, Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Corvus Glaive, Hyperion, Iceman, Archangel, Blade, Gwenpool, Void, Hulk (Ragnarok), Magik, Ghost Rider.

The problem is that for ability (1) to function according to its own description, the list (2) should actually comprise the contest's greatest fighters..

So if new champions enter the contest who are 'greater', then either the list (2) changes, or the ability (1) changes by default. So whilst you're against change: change is happening already. Currently, it's by chance rather than by design. I would have thought you'd prefer design (?)

To be honest, without any representation of champs released after him, Champions ability might as well now read "The Champion always seeks to fight against the Greatest Fighters in the universe, but isn't actually very good at doing his research..."

I agree with this line of logic.