**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Acorn Awakening Gem: What Did You Get?

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Haven't gotten it yet. Hopping for tech or mystic
  • Options
    slatetupeloslatetupelo Posts: 2
    I got a skil gem. Gonna awaken either Blade or Nick Fury. Probably Fury.
  • Options
    AJXRXAJXRX Posts: 80
    edited January 2020
    Skill! I’ve got aegon and blade awakened. I’m just waiting for nick fury to grace my account and he’s getting awakened and going to R5 :smile:<3
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    You have your unique style bro!! Rank up the champ you love to play!
    Congrats!
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Science and it’s gonna be used on human torch
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I got what I get about 80% of the time from those crystals... tech gem. Seriously I've pulled so many tech gems now compared to the others.
  • Options
    Yeah dude! Awesome!

• Options
    MotheawesomeMotheawesome Posts: 22
    edited January 2020
    I got a second mystic gem which went to Magik. Had her for years unduped. Would have preferred a Mutant for colossus or sunspot don’t know which is better. Also Cosmic to complete the collection.
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    I got science really wanted mutant or tech but I'm thinking of awakening my recent Mr. Fantastic but just hesitate until i read into his sig ability more.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @TaZ_4178 If you want my advice (I have a sig 25 r4 Mr. Fantastic), I don't really see much of a difference between having him awakened and having him unduped. The really only noticeable difference is if you have a higher sig and at least two Careful Study passives on your opponent, then you are gaining power a lot faster, but the thing is, Mr. Fantastic really doesn't benefit all that much from his specials after a launching three sp2s to duplicate his prefight debuffs three times. Once you do that, the damage remains fairly constant and you can always launch sp1s to get a little more damage from the debuffs it adds. I think that there are better champs to use your gem on. The only time I recommend awakening Mr. Fantastic is if you plan to use him for endgame content where the health pools are a lot bigger, since if you are using him for AQ or monthly quests, the health pools are low enough that he can beat most enemies easily.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    I got science - it will wait for CAIW as I already have my Void awakened...unless some better science champ comes along of course.
  • Options
    JonnySnowJonnySnow Posts: 117
    I pulled Mutant which i guess I'll save for Omega Red if i ever pull him.

Idk who else i would use it on because I have 6* Namor and wouldn't want to rank up a 5* and my AA is already awakened.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    2nd mystic in a row. Will likely use both on SymS and BWCV both at R5. I have at least one of every class except cosmic and two generics, so I'm feeling set for a while. They've become pretty common I guess.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

2nd mystic in a row. Will likely use both on SymS and BWCV both at R5. I have at least one of every class except cosmic and two generics, so I'm feeling set for a while. They've become pretty common I guess.

My philosophy up to now has been to use them only when I think I really need to because they are rare and potentially game changing, but as a result they are starting to pile up. I may have to change that strategy to use them whenever I feel like it soon.
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

@TaZ_4178 If you want my advice (I have a sig 25 r4 Mr. Fantastic), I don't really see much of a difference between having him awakened and having him unduped. The really only noticeable difference is if you have a higher sig and at least two Careful Study passives on your opponent, then you are gaining power a lot faster, but the thing is, Mr. Fantastic really doesn't benefit all that much from his specials after a launching three sp2s to duplicate his prefight debuffs three times. Once you do that, the damage remains fairly constant and you can always launch sp1s to get a little more damage from the debuffs it adds. I think that there are better champs to use your gem on. The only time I recommend awakening Mr. Fantastic is if you plan to use him for endgame content where the health pools are a lot bigger, since if you are using him for AQ or monthly quests, the health pools are low enough that he can beat most enemies easily.

Thank you very much for your response! I actually do plan on using him in endgame content and taking advantage of his cross fight abilities etc. Only issue is I use suicides pretty much 100% of the time lol, plus I already have cap iw, void, quake, modok all awakened and more of course. I think I'm going to sit on it a bit longer asI grinded for the 4* and have a awakening gem for him as well, but I do really appreciate your insight. YouTube Mr. Fantastic videos are calling my name lol