**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Acorn Awakening Gem: What Did You Get?

Comments

• TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

@TaZ_4178 If you want my advice (I have a sig 25 r4 Mr. Fantastic), I don't really see much of a difference between having him awakened and having him unduped. The really only noticeable difference is if you have a higher sig and at least two Careful Study passives on your opponent, then you are gaining power a lot faster, but the thing is, Mr. Fantastic really doesn't benefit all that much from his specials after a launching three sp2s to duplicate his prefight debuffs three times. Once you do that, the damage remains fairly constant and you can always launch sp1s to get a little more damage from the debuffs it adds. I think that there are better champs to use your gem on. The only time I recommend awakening Mr. Fantastic is if you plan to use him for endgame content where the health pools are a lot bigger, since if you are using him for AQ or monthly quests, the health pools are low enough that he can beat most enemies easily.

Well, his sp1 provides some nice utility with taunt and stagger and his sp3 increases his damage a lot. The way I see it his sig actually makes him a lot more viable in shorter fights, since he can access all his stuff faster.

I'll still need to do some more testing with him, though.
    Thank you as well! I watched some seatin vids on him last night but I think I'm going to investigate more into him before taking the plunge lol. It's good to know his sig ability does that though. 😁
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @UmbertoDelRio How much does his special three increase his damage by? Is it a better rotation to use sp2s to get max debuffs then cycle sp3s? I really love Mr. Fantastic and got him by going for his early access bundle (The first and only time I will ever go for those), but I'm not sure if ranking him up to r5 and maxing his sig will be worth it. What do you think?
  • LogarooLogaroo Posts: 100
    Mystic. My 7th mystic awakening gem. The only mystic I have unawakened is Thor Jane Foster. I've pulled 4 in a row now of mystic.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I pulled a second mystic. Holding to see if they ever get around to adjusting Ebony Maw. Could do voodoo or magik, but they're kinda old school
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Upgrading your favorite champ I respect that I'm doing the same thing to Rogue if I get her.
    @Nick1109 Rogue is an awesome champ!
  • I got a tech awakening gem and still don't know where to use it. my best options are Starlord, Darkhawk, Sentinel and Ironman IW.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I got a tech awakening gem and still don't know where to use it. my best options are Starlord, Darkhawk, Sentinel and Ironman IW.

All worth that Tech AG indeed. Good choice.
  • KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    The real question is why r5 an undupe antman
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    GNASTY said:

@StevieManWonder

Respect and congrats on your R5 antman. I awakened and R5 my mister sinister for the same reason (being my favorite marvel character since I was a kiddo). He’s a very good, admittedly not as good as many other champs. Nonetheless, I awakened and ranked him for the same reason as you. Cheers and a hats off for going against the grain.

I awakened and took my sinister to R4 too. I love the champ in the game, and although his damage isn’t mind blowing, once ramped up with the right fights he hits pretty hard. I don’t regret it at all and use him frequently, and most importantly I enjoy him while doing it.
  • EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★
    Got science yesterday. Wanted Tech for sparky, today i duped sparky from a Cavalier crystal 💪🏻😁
    Gonna use the science on Void or save for Cap IW
  • PricelessPriceless Posts: 68
    Cosmic
    @UmbertoDelRio thanks for all that info! I definitely need to test out my Mr Fantastic some more

@UmbertoDelRio thanks for all that info! I definitely need to test out my Mr Fantastic some more

Thank you guys both as well... still haven't used my science gem yet but I'm seriously considering it at this point lol
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Pulled a mutant, which I don’t have anyone at the moment I’d use it on. Not disappointed though since there are some nice mutants that I don’t currently have in the roster so I’ll be saving it for them.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    got mutant and used it on Namor despite the pending nerf

My pleasure!
    TaZ_4178 said:

Thank you guys both as well... still haven't used my science gem yet but I'm seriously considering it at this point lol
    @TaZ_4178 I'll probably be able to do some further testing later tonight. Aiming to make a detailed post about mister fantastic somewhere over the course of the next days (as soon as I've gathered enough material), so if you can hold on a little longer I can tag you there!
    Sounds like a plan to me🤝
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Nothing yet.
    I'm doing epic Acornucpia daily, master and uncollected are 100%. All milestones completed and I still need 170k acorns
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Science, which I’m using on Void for V4 Electro
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    Finally finished it up and got my AG, pulled a Skill gem which was dead last in my desired list. I already have one, and have no champs currently really deserving of it - the only silver lining is that if/when I pull Nick, Blade or Aegon I can freely use one of the AGs without stressing about who of the 3 to prioritise.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

It’s a waste of a gem when you have 4 other champs far superior than Ant Man who is trash

If the goal is to maximize your enjoyment of the game, I suspect he doesn't have four other champions far superior to Ant Man.
    This is one of your simplest yet most beautifully said things I've seen. I really don't understand the distain for his choice. It's his account and affects him only..
  • Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175

Cherry on top.
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    I got tech again 4th one in a row