**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Labyrinth of Legends - Who to bring

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
Heya, I just wanted to ask this question in advance so that I can prepare myself.

I'm going to try and do LoL for the first time soon. Masteries and units aside, I need a little advise on who to bring for my first LoL run, which will pretty much be the path that runs through the entire parameter of the labyrinth (with the exception of Enigma Colossus)

Here's the "tough" part. I have a
4* R5 Sig 99 SL,
4* R5 Sig 10 GP
5* R4 Sig ~85 Magik
The 24% Attack Synergy team (Antman, YJ, Magneto, Cyclops)
The mutant crit team (4* R4 Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto)

So question is, who do I bring? Do I still stick with SL and the mutant crit team? Or should I force my Magik into the team so that LoL Magik might be a bit less expensive? Or something entirely different?

Comments

• nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Go with starlord and have magik in your team, use magik for UC/magik/war machine and starlord for the rest, attack synergy would help. Hope it helps
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    nameplas wrote: »
    Go with starlord and have magik in your team, use magik for UC/magik/war machine and starlord for the rest, attack synergy would help. Hope it helps

Ah yep, it does help. Thanks! I'll wait for more replies and see if anyone else has a different answer
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Magik with Crit Team. You'll be fine.
    xNig wrote: »
    Magik with Crit Team. You'll be fine.

So.. no Star Lord?
    Right, I'll rephrase since someone thinks a simple comment deserves to be flagged for abuse.

So I should just bring Magik in a crit team and omit Star Lord? Or should I try to force him in?
    Nah you won't need him.

It just doesn't make sense to suffer a shorter enrage timer and sacrifice damage.

Good luck with your LoL run. =)
    Alright, makes sense. Thanks a lot for answering! :)
  • RobertkoRobertko Posts: 47
    How many units have you saved up? I'm prepping for a run too.
    I'm planning to do it by year end. I only recently started saving up so I'm only at 2000.

I'm aiming for 7500-10000 units, I think that should be enough.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I'm planning to do it by year end. I only recently started saving up so I'm only at 2000.

I'm aiming for 7500-10000 units, I think that should be enough.

With 4* starlord you can do it with 3k - 6k units, bring starlord and magik and it will be a lot cheaper than just magik.
  • SL and Magik with attack syn team.

Magik is great for certain fights but for majority of fights, even if u play magik style, the amount of hits required provides a high chance to mess up with an evade or random AI. Also Magik isn't a good match up for Ant-Man and Maestro.
  • RobertkoRobertko Posts: 47
    Im planning on ranking up Captain Marvel, because I think Cosmic has best match up against Maestro. Is mutant science or skill a better matchup against maestro?

I have saved up 5000 units, and I'm stockpiling my 4 hour crystals too.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Nah you won't need him.

It just doesn't make sense to suffer a shorter enrage timer and sacrifice damage.

And maestro? Did you not see Joel lines run at him
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Robertko wrote: »
    Im planning on ranking up Captain Marvel, because I think Cosmic has best match up against Maestro. Is mutant science or skill a better matchup against maestro?

I have saved up 5000 units, and I'm stockpiling my 4 hour crystals too.

only tech and mystic are turds vs maestro.
    KingOfMcoc wrote: »
    Nah you won't need him.

A 4* sl and magik are not fabulous maestro options. I have seen him trigger regen at the start of the fight 14+ times in a row vs tech but I've seen him rarely trigger regen. Maestro throws a whole back of goodies at tech. Regen, unstoppable, stacking power gain, ect... mystics he will poison to death.
    Do you have 4 more t2a to rank another 5* to r4? If not have you finished all content that awards t2as?
    Nah you won't need him.

Doesn't matter. One tough fight doesn't negate 18 easier ones. Whatever is saved on 18 fights can be used on the last one.

And from experience, a 4* 5/50 SL doesn't cost you 3-6k units to complete LoL, even if you're a pretty decent player.
    Ja55 wrote: »
    Do you have 4 more t2a to rank another 5* to r4? If not have you finished all content that awards t2as?

Yes I do, and I have finished all content that awards T2a.

None of my 5* are R4 worthy, most of them are unduped. The only notable mentions are my 5* Sig 38 Iron Man and my 5* R3 unduped SL. I'm just assuming the worst of not getting an SL dupe before I do my LoL run, but hey, maybe I might suddenly get lucky? :P
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Nah you won't need him.

Doesn't matter. One tough fight doesn't negate 18 easier ones. Whatever is saved on 18 fights can be used on the last one.

And from experience, a 4* 5/50 SL doesn't cost you 3-6k units to complete LoL, even if you're a pretty decent player.

A few people I know have used a 4* SL for the easy path in lol an have done it at just over 5k units,
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Nah you won't need him.

A few people I know have used a 4* SL for the easy path in lol an have done it at just over 5k units,

I guess maybe free crystals may influence how much a person spends?

Let's say 2 players have a 4* SL at Sig 99, ceteris paribus, except that the only thing different is that one guy has 1000 free crystals while the other has no free crystals saved up. The one with the free crystals probably might save a decent number of units while the one with no free crystals has to spend more.

This is why I don't want to fully rely on how many units people spend to judge how many units I should save, because for all I know, the guy who says he spent only 3000 units could have >1000 free crystals at his disposal. Not to mention people could gift the LoL runner, further decreasing the amount of units the person spends to complete it on his own.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I did the easy path with 4* SL and brought +24% Attack Synergy team. When you dupe your 4* SL and take him to r4 with +24% Attack Synergy team you could get around the outside part of the map in around 1,500 units. Magik just isn't as effective as SL with the highest Attack Synergy team IMO.
    Mkdemaria wrote: »
    I did the easy path with 4* SL and brought +24% Attack Synergy team. When you dupe your 4* SL and take him to r4 with +24% Attack Synergy team you could get around the outside part of the map in around 1,500 units. Magik just isn't as effective as SL with the highest Attack Synergy team IMO.

A duped R4 SL with an attack synergy team can get through the easy path in 1500 units? o-o
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Two laps in one Odin with R4 SL and +24% Attack team Synergy around the outside. I modified a couple routes to not include Enigmatics and saved the four corners for the last lap which was a pain. I brought Ultron, YJ, YJ, Ant, and R4 SL to handle Abomination, Guilly, Spidey, and X-23 (didn't have Guillotine at that point) and managed to finish top 300.
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    I say duped 5 star rank 5 howard the duck, if you spam his level 1 it takes out 6% of opponents stats and in labyrinth that's a lot if you use it like 10-20 times
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    *rank 4 5 star howard
    Wordy12 wrote: »
    I say duped 4 star rank 5 howard the duck, if you spam his level 1 it takes out 6% of opponents stats and in labyrinth that's a lot if you use it like 10-20 times

Erm, let me quote from the champion spotlight of Howard.

- punches out a portion of the opponent’s ISO-8, reducing Armor, Attack, Block Proficiency, Regeneration Rate, Physical Resistance and Critical Chance by 6% for the remainder of the fight.
    - The is a Passive effect that has an infinite duration. This effect can be stacked up to 4 times.

So that means you can only reduce armor, attack, BP, regeneration, physical resistance and crit chance by 24% permanently in the fight. You cannot go any higher than that unfortunately.

In terms of actual usage, not only do I not have a Howard the duck, but I don't think he would be good in LoL at all. A 24% reduction to an LoL enemy is practically useless since an enraged LoL opponent is bound to kill you in 1 combo regardless of this reduction.

His other abilities aren't exactly a wow factor, since LoL is mostly based on dealing as much damage in a short time in a single fight. He doesn't really excel a lot on offense, he is more on the defensive and tanky side. So no, Howard won't be good.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited September 2017
    If you are running the easy path for the first time. You have 2 super low cost options for teams
    It is all about extending the enrage timer.

r4 5* SL
    red mag
    red mag
    cyclops red
    cyclops red

or

r4 5* SL
    yj
    yj
    antman
    antman

The ultimate best team is (harder to achieve because it requires 3 5 stars)

r4 5* SL
    5* red mag
    4* red mag
    5* cyclops red
    Wolverine
    But this team requires 5* red mag and 5* red cyclops.
    This coincidentally is the only team i recommend for other paths, using wolverine slot as a flex to handle the nodes SL can't.

The other version of this with YJ and Antman 5* but they don't get nearly as good of synergy. still viable for alt paths but red mag red cyclops is still the best imo.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    So, which one is the easiest path? You enter and go left and down? I still need to do LoL also. I think I assumed it was going to be a great deal harder than it actually is and never tried it. Need to save some revives.