**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Questions on Sunspot

TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
Just got him, is he worth a mutant gem? Also is he good with suicides or do I need to drop it? Also is he good for the mysterio boss in 6.3.5? Would also love to get some insight on how to utilize him to the fullest

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    Only worth a gem if you have 100+ sig stones.
    Not good with suicides.
    Don't have the answer for 6.3.5.

You need to gain Flare State. Most fights only really need 2 or 3 at most.
    Get flare state from doing SP1's.
    Gain power from purifying incinerate debuffs on defenders.
    I usually parry/heavy and siphon back the incinerates until i get a SP1 then gain power after 2-3 SP1's and launch SP2.
    Longer fights you'll need to cycle through to SP3 to reset Solar Charges.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    I used a 6* rank 1 Sunspot against the 6.3.5 Mysterio fairly recently. Just wanted to chip him down a but before I went in with CMM and Sparky, but ended up taking off around 40%.

Full suicides on so was withering away from recoil the entire time, but his perfect block lasting whole combos and specials was pretty handy in keeping him alive a bit longer.

Perfect blocks also purify incinerates on the opponent for power/solar charges in the same way as charging a heavy, sometimes overlooked.

I switch between on/off for suicides now and again, and he’s grown on me a lot over the last couple months, fun champ to play, though not always the most practical. He’s practically made for a few paths in 6.3, as well as for Map 7 disstrack/pleasure to burn.