The Abyss of Don't Even Try It

DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
lol .. i just took a peek inside the Abyss just for giggles and the first battle up was a ridiculous Thing. definitely need a team that's synergy heavy to counter most of this stuff ... but that's the trick .. figuring out which team works.

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Member Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Only the biggest whales will do this now. I just explored LOL a couple months ago after I took Ægon to R5. I can wait because most likely the best champ for tbe Abyss isn't even available yet.

The other 2 paths start with Darkhawk and IMIW for those who are curious.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Member Posts: 388
    -sixate- said:

I can wait because most likely the best champ for tbe Abyss isn't even available yet.

I just wanted to say that
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    You can’t. But I don’t think that’s what the OP is referring to.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

xNig said:

lol .. i just took a peek inside the Abyss just for giggles and the first battle up was a ridiculous Thing. definitely need a team that's synergy heavy to counter most of this stuff ... but that's the trick .. figuring out which team works.

Or.... it could probably be the case of “you’re not ready” for it yet...
    Sorry how does one prepare for a hit cap?
    More damage in less hits like Ghost Quake or Dom (yeah I know it’s not that simple but like that)
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★

xNig said:

i'm definitely not ready for it ... could i do it if i were a big spender with money to burn? sure. i mean even for a "whale" account like Seatin he's burned through over 3K units and tons of revives. so is anyone really ready? i highly doubt it unless as i mentioned, you have money to burn.
    lol good work though
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Member Posts: 1,026 ★★★★

xNig said:

i'm definitely not ready for it ... could i do it if i were a big spender with money to burn? sure. i mean even for a "whale" account like Seatin he's burned through over 3K units and tons of revives. so is anyone really ready? i highly doubt it unless as i mentioned, you have money to burn.
    Ended up costing him 4K units which is pretty damn good, I think that’s inline with the first LOL clears when released. And if kabam was selling completion rewards as an offer for 4K units people would lap it up.
  • RoninManRoninMan Member Posts: 747 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I was actually able to solo Thing which I thought was remarkable. But that came to a grinding halt when OR came up next.
    RoninMan said:

I was actually able to solo Thing which I thought was remarkable. But that came to a grinding halt when OR came up next.

With Stealth?

I tried Void and managed to get around 15-20% down per try before the enrage kicked in.
    xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

I tried Void and managed to get around 15-20% down per try before the enrage kicked in.
    Yessir I have a 6* R2 and it took 850 hits. It was pretty mind numbing. Maybe SG and Shulk can do it too but they usually have to parry and heavy to keep it going.
  • panda_mcocpanda_mcoc Member Posts: 32
    the only tactic that works for this is to empty your wallet
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Member Posts: 1,379 ★★★★
    RoninMan said:

xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

Yessir I have a 6* R2 and it took 850 hits. It was pretty mind numbing. Maybe SG and Shulk can do it too but they usually have to parry and heavy to keep it going.
    I feel like Gwen could solo that if played correctly. I usually take thing war bosses with her, his specials are easy to punish with heavy attacks and the slow does last quite a while, so as long as you play around that she should be viable. But I won’t be taking it on for a while I don’t think, would need to save up a lot of units to stand a chance of completing it.
    RoninMan said:

xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

SG definitely can. Just managed it. But it takes 1k+ hits of almost perfect play once the counters run out. Made me wanna puke blood.
    xNig said:

RoninMan said:

xNig said:

RoninMan said:

With Stealth?

SG definitely can. Just managed it. But it takes 1k+ hits of almost perfect play once the counters run out. Made me wanna puke blood.
    Granted Thing has more protection so maybe other fights like HtD or Loki may not be so bad, but yeah it feels like a bad time having to do that 20 times.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,844 ★★★★★
    The day someone beats this itemless is the day I sell my account
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    Markjv81 said:

xNig said:

Ended up costing him 4K units which is pretty damn good, I think that’s inline with the first LOL clears when released. And if kabam was selling completion rewards as an offer for 4K units people would lap it up.
    I caught about half of Lagacy's run (the beginning and the end mostly) and based on the start and end of the run he did it for 456 units, plus a ton of farmed potions. Although he certainly spent a lot of time farming potions and revives, his run seems to demonstrate that the Abyss can be completed with proper skill without spending actual cash to clear it. If anything, Lagacy's run suggests the Abyss might be easier than it was supposed to be, at least for a first time completion. Not to minimize the accomplishment of any of the first time runners, Lagacy's run in particular was very impressive, but if the intent was to make it a challenge that the top players would have to work towards, it seems to be within the reach of the top players now, at least ones with very strong rosters (it was very interesting to see Lags just power through the Collector with Aegon: shades of people doing the same thing with the original Collector fight when 5.2 first came out).
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

xNig said:

I caught about half of Lagacy's run (the beginning and the end mostly) and based on the start and end of the run he did it for 456 units, plus a ton of farmed potions. Although he certainly spent a lot of time farming potions and revives, his run seems to demonstrate that the Abyss can be completed with proper skill without spending actual cash to clear it. If anything, Lagacy's run suggests the Abyss might be easier than it was supposed to be, at least for a first time completion. Not to minimize the accomplishment of any of the first time runners, Lagacy's run in particular was very impressive, but if the intent was to make it a challenge that the top players would have to work towards, it seems to be within the reach of the top players now, at least ones with very strong rosters (it was very interesting to see Lags just power through the Collector with Aegon: shades of people doing the same thing with the original Collector fight when 5.2 first came out).
    You can't have Legacy's roster with being free 2 play so I disagree with your statement. Dr. Doom went for 83 million arena points both times. Impossible to get with a free2 play roster outside of Brian Grant.
    Also, he has a Aegon maxed out. Which if you're lucky to pull him at all, sig 200 is almost impossible without spending given how little sig stones we get for completing content.

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

xNig said:

You can't have Legacy's roster with being free 2 play so I disagree with your statement. Dr. Doom went for 83 million arena points both times. Impossible to get with a free2 play roster outside of Brian Grant.
    Also, he has a Aegon maxed out. Which if you're lucky to pull him at all, sig 200 is almost impossible without spending given how little sig stones we get for completing content.
    What I said was that the Abyss could be completed without spending cash, not that a free to play player could necessarily complete it. As to having a maxed Aegon as a free to play player, that's a separate unrelated debate: the point of the Abyss was supposedly to challenge the top players in the game, and the top players in the game however they got to be top players can apparently complete the Abyss without spending lots of cash.

What free to play players can and cannot achieve is a separate and mostly unproductive debate that never goes anywhere. But I'm pretty sure that back in the day when I was a hardcore MMO player I put in more grind than Brian has ever put into MCOC, and I've met people that make my gaming history look like a squib. What a player can achieve with pure grind time in a game like this tends to be greatly underestimated by people who don't actually do it.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

xNig said:

What I said was that the Abyss could be completed without spending cash, not that a free to play player could necessarily complete it. As to having a maxed Aegon as a free to play player, that's a separate unrelated debate: the point of the Abyss was supposedly to challenge the top players in the game, and the top players in the game however they got to be top players can apparently complete the Abyss without spending lots of cash.

What free to play players can and cannot achieve is a separate and mostly unproductive debate that never goes anywhere. But I'm pretty sure that back in the day when I was a hardcore MMO player I put in more grind than Brian has ever put into MCOC, and I've met people that make my gaming history look like a squib. What a player can achieve with pure grind time in a game like this tends to be greatly underestimated by people who don't actually do it.
    What is a large amount of units to you? Lagacy had a huge stash of revives which is essentially units. I know its cute to pretend that the revives were all earned free to play but we know thats not the case.

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

xNig said:

What is a large amount of units to you? Lagacy had a huge stash of revives which is essentially units
    456 units is not a large amount of units, which is apparently what Lagacy spent. And revives are not "essentially units" revives are revives. I'm pretty sure the vast overwhelming majority of the players remotely contemplating doing the Abyss believe and understand there's a huge difference between spending thousands of units on content and doing it with farmed potions, and understand what I'm saying with perfect clarity. If you want to have a debate about what "essentially units" is, that's not a debate I'm interested in having. And good luck finding someone who is.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

xNig said:

What is a large amount of units to you? Lagacy had a huge stash of revives which is essentially units
    456 units is not a large amount of units, which is apparently what Lagacy spent. And revives are not "essentially units" revives are revives. I'm pretty sure the vast overwhelming majority of the players remotely contemplating doing the Abyss believe and understand there's a huge difference between spending thousands of units on content and doing it with farmed potions, and understand what I'm saying with perfect clarity. If you want to have a debate about what "essentially units" is, that's not a debate I'm interested in having. And good luck finding someone who is.
    We don't know what revives were paid for well before he started and they aren't just handing out level 60% revives so it might have been gotten by a unit offer. Its not that hard to figure out, and if you don't want to continue going back and forth than stop answering. Simple.
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Personally I don't even think about it. With my roster it is impossible to do it without spending ton of units, and got counter cap is just cheap
    it's off my radar as well @Aleor ... not that i don't have the roster for it ... but nowhere near the time or $ for it. props to the folks that dig in though.