**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Negative Unit Balances for Fraudulent Activity [Merged Threads]

NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
I'm happy to see that you took actions against cheaters...

And, it was not my account.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    edited January 2020

but what about those who lose rewards they deserve? It's a win win situation for kabam.convincing us that they are taking actions on those who manipulated gifting event as well as making money.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I don't care if they're making money, I hope they do, I care about cheaters.
  • grolsch420grolsch420 Posts: 30
    AKKKTEK said:

but what about those who lose rewards they deserve? It's a win win situation for kabam.convincing us that they are taking actions on those who manipulated gifting event as well as making money.
    I have seen screenshots of corrected rewards in the top allies. Friend on mine got those corrections and received his 5*Thanos yesterday.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    I'm reading a lot of players with negative units.
    A lot of them sustain they did not purchase fraudolent units and that thay receive gifts.
    I'm thinking about the mails send by kabam and I'm in fear:
    I don't understand how they can be 100% sure of fraudulent behavior by the player who receives gifts. I can understand they can have evidance of crime by those who send gifts, couse those gifts have been bought with fraudolent gained units. But what about those who receive gifts? what if one of those cheaters type the wrong name and sents gifts to someone else by mistake?

Are we all in danger? what if one cheater send us gifts to ruin our account? I don't feel guaranteed by kabam.
    Please reassure me
    Ok, that guy, on the picture I have posted, had a -116,000 units....This is a lot of money to buyback your account.
  • AngryomegaAngryomega Posts: 9
    Wow think the price is way too low but this shows it’s another making scam to me clear their accounts with a 3rd of the price
    I’m sorry but they should be made to pay back every unit at the unit price
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    They would most likely check in app purchases through the Google Play Store and App Store to confirm purchases, then choose to put a person in "unit debt", as I like to call it.
    I think they would mostly ban those who would gift on an extremely large scale, but have little proof of purchase. Small gifts to people shouldn't really affect both the gifter and the receiver.
    This punishment was honestly just to stop the cheaters in the whales from buying fraudulent units. You shouldn't be that worried, your account will be fine as long as you don't buy fraud units.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    That image looks suspiciously photoshopped to me... no border around the offer like there is on the others for a start
    edited January 2020
    On the picture, 10k units is around $120. This guy is -166,000 (166 000/10 = 166.6 x 120$ = $19 992)

20 grand to get back his acount....would you pay that???
    Pic is from Prof Hoff's Youtube.

And, I still maintain my ''Great Job Kabam!!!!!!!''

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    $1870
  • RU11011 said:

They would most likely check in app purchases through the Google Play Store and App Store to confirm purchases, then choose to put a person in "unit debt", as I like to call it.
    I think they would mostly ban those who would gift on an extremely large scale, but have little proof of purchase. Small gifts to people shouldn't really affect both the gifter and the receiver.
    This punishment was honestly just to stop the cheaters in the whales from buying fraudulent units. You shouldn't be that worried, your account will be fine as long as you don't buy fraud units.

That would be my thoughts too.

My concern would be about some F2P players who have too much time on their hands who make X amount of legitimate accounts and gift their main account. Could that fall afoul Kabam’s algorithm?
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    Ahh that image is a bit clearer, I can see a border now... this is insane if it's real.

Kabam are basically saying, yeah we both know there's fraud here, but give us €109.99 (or multiples thereof for larger negative balances) and all will be forgiven?

I agree with the sentiments above, if 9,999 units are for sale at €109.99 or your local currency equivalent, then this should be for ALL USERS and not put the fraudsters at an advantage to the honest hard working community members like myself.
  • Bbbddd32246Bbbddd32246 Posts: 5
    I’m not sure about that negative balance how it works? So if I buy those credits and my balance will be good those credits will be converted into units and I can spend them? Or I just must pay kabam 200€ and will not get nothing?😅😅
  • I’m not sure about that negative balance how it works? So if I buy those credits and my balance will be good those credits will be converted into units and I can spend them? Or I just must pay kabam 200€ and will not get nothing?😅😅

You pay Kabam and get nothing. You’re paying for a black mark against your name to be removed. What it should be is a nice reminder to save your money
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    If you're honest with your account you don't have anything to worry about. Lot's of what's going around is from gifting fraud. My biggest concern about the negative units is if you get a credit from Google or IStore. Kabam support is so bad that getting much done there takes forever... much easier to deal with Google.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    I do not see why the players who didn't commit fraud should get access to this reward. It is not like they get to keep the "units" they are purchasing from this offer. So ultimately this offer does not affect you whatsoever. What kabam are doing is smart, maybe not the right thing to make money out of this instead of permanently banning, but still at least they are taking action
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I am guessing the negative balances is because whoever’s stolen credit card was used rejected the charge
    Thecurler said:

$1870

You're right...I've made a mistake.
    166000/10000 = 16.6 x $120 = $1992.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 383 ★★
    Kabam should give all of us a little gifts too, instead of those who have been effected :wink:
  • AngryomegaAngryomega Posts: 9
    The point is you commit fraud buy an odins cheat in war etc get a ban logic flies out the window
  • Bbbddd32246Bbbddd32246 Posts: 5

This discussion has been closed.