Since kabam said they will consider opinions, cull block proficiency increase.

Since kabam said they will consider opinions, cull block proficiency increase. 110 votes

Yes
89% 98 votes
No
10% 12 votes

Comments

  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 577 ★★★
    I think that they're trying to push him as being a champion requiring more skill - i.e. you cannot just parry your way to victory with him, you need to be able to intercept.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 822 ★★★
    Mauled said:

    If they don't wish to up his block proficiency, how about an additional way to inflict an armour break that’s skill based so in the right hands he’s still viable in late act 6.
    An intercept = a stackable armour break. There’s precedence in this - essentially it’s one of Proxima’s missions.

    He’s already a glass cannon, at least make him a usable one

    I mean he's still an amazing damage monster already, but I still definitely like this idea for a new ability. very simple, yet it would be very helpful for people especially if they're good at intercepting.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 3,465 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

    If they don't wish to up his block proficiency, how about an additional way to inflict an armour break that’s skill based so in the right hands he’s still viable in late act 6.
    An intercept = a stackable armour break. There’s precedence in this - essentially it’s one of Proxima’s missions.

    He’s already a glass cannon, at least make him a usable one

    Maybe they want you to heavy-intercept? Wouldn't be too far fetched, since seemingly that's how the dev team wants us to play red skull as well.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 221

    Lvernon15 said:

    His block is not as bad as people say. Just learn how to time your parries and intercept

    Yeah, try ‘timing your parries’ in 6.3, even if they’re perfect every time he takes 2-3%, seatin did a cull showcase on one of the easiest 6.3 paths, even with a full regen cheat death sort of synergy team he was near death to block damage
    Seatin didn't play him as good as other cull gameplay I have seen. He is a champ that requires skill. High risk, high reward. Don't rely too much on his parry heavies or else it will bite you back after a few fights. The data seems to agree with me
    They have now reduced the rewards why are risk the same.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 221
    This is a clear cut mandate from the community now let's see can kabam stay true.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 221
    edited January 24

    Fabwizi said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    His block is not as bad as people say. Just learn how to time your parries and intercept

    Yeah, try ‘timing your parries’ in 6.3, even if they’re perfect every time he takes 2-3%, seatin did a cull showcase on one of the easiest 6.3 paths, even with a full regen cheat death sort of synergy team he was near death to block damage
    Seatin didn't play him as good as other cull gameplay I have seen. He is a champ that requires skill. High risk, high reward. Don't rely too much on his parry heavies or else it will bite you back after a few fights. The data seems to agree with me
    They have now reduced the rewards why are risk the same.
    They increased his starting damage output which already gives him less of a "risk" while at the same time lowering his ramped up damage. He will still be a heavy damage dealer just not as much as before.
    Well if they could see his dps is above average they can also see his block proficiency is below average they have said in good players hand he does not take damage, well in good players hand even iron patriot will not take damage the argument presented by them to not increase his block proficiency is null and void.

    You still have to parry if the had changed armor breaks on last hit of combo if critical I would agree but just reducing every thing is a nerfnerf and not rebalance.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 221

    Fabwizi said:

    Fabwizi said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    His block is not as bad as people say. Just learn how to time your parries and intercept

    Yeah, try ‘timing your parries’ in 6.3, even if they’re perfect every time he takes 2-3%, seatin did a cull showcase on one of the easiest 6.3 paths, even with a full regen cheat death sort of synergy team he was near death to block damage
    Seatin didn't play him as good as other cull gameplay I have seen. He is a champ that requires skill. High risk, high reward. Don't rely too much on his parry heavies or else it will bite you back after a few fights. The data seems to agree with me
    They have now reduced the rewards why are risk the same.
    They increased his starting damage output which already gives him less of a "risk" while at the same time lowering his ramped up damage. He will still be a heavy damage dealer just not as much as before.
    Well if they could see his dps is above average they can also see his block proficiency is below average they have said in good players hand he does not take damage, well in good players hand even iron patriot will not take damage the argument presented by them to not increase his block proficiency is null and void.

    You still have to parry if the had changed armor breaks on last hit of combo if critical I would agree but just reducing every thing is a nerfnerf and not rebalance.
    I know many champions that have low block proficiency that are fan favorites. Trust me... the hypocrisy of the community is just sad sometimes. The longer armor break durations and higher chance to proc an armor break will really show in the first 2 fights. The faster you kill them then the less parry damage you take
    Since armor break is still ring based 50,75 is one and the same thing don't fool your self.

    Duration increase by measly 3 sec will not make huge difference, in the end parry damage would be same.
    Plus additional duration is reduced in thanos favor.
    I think you don't have cull or you don't use him he is not thrash but he ain't no good either, I want what I paid for.

    Suppose you bought a Ferrari and then in 6 months ferrari came and showed you graps why your car is better then others and changed you engine would you be ok with it.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 2,325 ★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

    Fabwizi said:

    Fabwizi said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    His block is not as bad as people say. Just learn how to time your parries and intercept

    Yeah, try ‘timing your parries’ in 6.3, even if they’re perfect every time he takes 2-3%, seatin did a cull showcase on one of the easiest 6.3 paths, even with a full regen cheat death sort of synergy team he was near death to block damage
    Seatin didn't play him as good as other cull gameplay I have seen. He is a champ that requires skill. High risk, high reward. Don't rely too much on his parry heavies or else it will bite you back after a few fights. The data seems to agree with me
    They have now reduced the rewards why are risk the same.
    They increased his starting damage output which already gives him less of a "risk" while at the same time lowering his ramped up damage. He will still be a heavy damage dealer just not as much as before.
    Well if they could see his dps is above average they can also see his block proficiency is below average they have said in good players hand he does not take damage, well in good players hand even iron patriot will not take damage the argument presented by them to not increase his block proficiency is null and void.

    You still have to parry if the had changed armor breaks on last hit of combo if critical I would agree but just reducing every thing is a nerfnerf and not rebalance.
    I know many champions that have low block proficiency that are fan favorites. Trust me... the hypocrisy of the community is just sad sometimes. The longer armor break durations and higher chance to proc an armor break will really show in the first 2 fights. The faster you kill them then the less parry damage you take
    Since armor break is still ring based 50,75 is one and the same thing don't fool your self.

    Duration increase by measly 3 sec will not make huge difference, in the end parry damage would be same.
    Plus additional duration is reduced in thanos favor.
    I think you don't have cull or you don't use him he is not thrash but he ain't no good either, I want what I paid for.

    Suppose you bought a Ferrari and then in 6 months ferrari came and showed you graps why your car is better then others and changed you engine would you be ok with it.
    Terrible analogy because 1 this game is free you choose to spend extra on those crystals 2 car companies are not even close to the same as a live game if their car performs the best that is good they are competing with other companies where as champs must be rebalanced I'm order to make the game challenging and are not competing with other champions and your Ferrari ain't going to fight anyone like the Collector.
    I am not particularly for the nerfs they weren't necessary but no the less a terrible analogy.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 221

    Fabwizi said:

    Fabwizi said:

    Fabwizi said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    His block is not as bad as people say. Just learn how to time your parries and intercept

    Yeah, try ‘timing your parries’ in 6.3, even if they’re perfect every time he takes 2-3%, seatin did a cull showcase on one of the easiest 6.3 paths, even with a full regen cheat death sort of synergy team he was near death to block damage
    Seatin didn't play him as good as other cull gameplay I have seen. He is a champ that requires skill. High risk, high reward. Don't rely too much on his parry heavies or else it will bite you back after a few fights. The data seems to agree with me
    They have now reduced the rewards why are risk the same.
    They increased his starting damage output which already gives him less of a "risk" while at the same time lowering his ramped up damage. He will still be a heavy damage dealer just not as much as before.
    Well if they could see his dps is above average they can also see his block proficiency is below average they have said in good players hand he does not take damage, well in good players hand even iron patriot will not take damage the argument presented by them to not increase his block proficiency is null and void.

    You still have to parry if the had changed armor breaks on last hit of combo if critical I would agree but just reducing every thing is a nerfnerf and not rebalance.
    I know many champions that have low block proficiency that are fan favorites. Trust me... the hypocrisy of the community is just sad sometimes. The longer armor break durations and higher chance to proc an armor break will really show in the first 2 fights. The faster you kill them then the less parry damage you take
    Since armor break is still ring based 50,75 is one and the same thing don't fool your self.

    Duration increase by measly 3 sec will not make huge difference, in the end parry damage would be same.
    Plus additional duration is reduced in thanos favor.
    I think you don't have cull or you don't use him he is not thrash but he ain't no good either, I want what I paid for.

    Suppose you bought a Ferrari and then in 6 months ferrari came and showed you graps why your car is better then others and changed you engine would you be ok with it.
    Well this game isn't a Ferrari, it's a... game. You have already abided to Kabam's ToS so if you are not happy with what you get out of your crystals then there is nothing you can do about it. Kabam has always said that champions are never final so what did you expect really? Anyways, Cull will be able to intercept more in the first few fights with this rebalance to his armor breaks so he can pause his thanos favor buffs more often without having to worry about the armor breaks expiring or not procing. You will feel a major difference ramping him up so it will be worth it in the end. Maybe the reason you feel like you take so much block damage is that you just spam parry heavies the whole fight? If you are relying on parrying more than intercepting in endgame content then I feel sorry for you.
    Well you may be one of the greatest mcoc player I am not, how is this change going to help intrrcept more, you are saying irrelevant things
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 221
    edited January 24
    Wow ashtounding majority, kabam please listen to the people who made this game what it is today, our love for the game is what this is all about.
    If people start getting annoyed over this shady activities your revenue might go down and I for sure don't want that to happen, keep it simple and safe.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 104
    Wait till Doom is up for his rebalance in 6 months time. Then we can all start truly crying. I reckon sunspot and warlock will get taken down a peg as well.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 141
    Fabwizi said:

    Wow ashtounding majority, kabam please listen to the people who made this game what it is today, our love for the game is what this is all about.
    If people start getting annoyed over this shady activities your revenue might go down and I for sure don't want that to happen, keep it simple and safe.

    I don't think they will listen. They heard and read many comment here and on YT how his block prof if increased and attack tone down will make people not too unhappy and didn't care.
    I just dont fathom how a champ like Cull was actually design to have low block prof. Aren't they trying to make the game as realistic as possible? That guy was a pain in Infinity War. Like Corvus he just didn't wanna die. And now in mcoc, a few block hits and he's out hahaha
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 221

    Wait till Doom is up for his rebalance in 6 months time. Then we can all start truly crying. I reckon sunspot and warlock will get taken down a peg as well.

    Doom built for Doom,
    Ghost is next to rost,
    Omega Red soon on opratoon bed,
    Cap marvel will unravel,
    Fury kabam will burry in hurry,
    Agon will be completely gone
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 81
    Don't have him and when I do I'm likely to never use him in current content (except questing,which is still unlikely)
    Yet even if they do increse his block prof, its not excatly game changing and im still likely not going to use him. So why not?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,185 ★★★
    I'm in favor of bumping up Cull's block proficiency.

    While we're at it, can we bump up Dormammu's as well? At rank 5/65, both champs have exactly the same block proficiency and they both suffer terribly for it. Dormammu has it a bit worse since he doesn't even ramp up the way Cull does...so Dormammu's fights take a long time.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 471 ★★

    Mauled said:

    If they don't wish to up his block proficiency, how about an additional way to inflict an armour break that’s skill based so in the right hands he’s still viable in late act 6.
    An intercept = a stackable armour break. There’s precedence in this - essentially it’s one of Proxima’s missions.

    He’s already a glass cannon, at least make him a usable one

    Maybe they want you to heavy-intercept? Wouldn't be too far fetched, since seemingly that's how the dev team wants us to play red skull as well.
    Unless the AI is extremely aggressive that’s necessitating blocked hits. Unless you’re going to gamble like you’d have to when charging HELA. There’s a reason she’s one of the least used champions in end game content - would you risk punching the air in act 6?
  • We will not consider any further changes until after the changes are out, and we've had more time to analyze the data after changes.

    The more skilled Players become with Cull, the less Damage they take. We've also made Changes to help him get his early fights done quicker, so you're ramping up faster.
This discussion has been closed.