**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cutting down on crystal purchases and game direction

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
I've always been a huge crystal opener...Roughly, $500 per round when a new champ comes in.

I remember back in 2017, Kabam said they had plans for MCOC up until 2020. Now that we are here, where do we go from here?

Nothing much new coming as far as competitive events. It seems to be the same ole same ole with new champs every 2 weeks, AQ and AW.

Plus, with the recent nerfs, I'm unsure of future crystal purchases because the champ can get nerfed. Even though Kabam was nice enough to give your resources back, if you spent $1000 on crystals to get the champ, you technically don't get that back, so it's really a loss.

Anyways, just want some opinions on this.

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    They have lately stated the game has a roadmap for until 2025 or 2026 now.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Personally I have enjoyed the evolution of this game over the 3 years I've played. The champs are much more creative. The animations are top notch.
    I do agree in 1 aspect. I used to be a pretty aggressive spender at one point. The past year of rebalance changes has resulted in me not being motivated to risk any money on acquiring new champs with the knowledge that it is highly likely that the abilities of that champ will be tuned up/down in the future.
    I just play for the love of the game these days.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I feel like at this point the only main things I will purchase are the sigil and the unit card and unless it's a really fantastic once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, I'd rather just buy some gift cards and stockpile for Fourth of July or cyber weekend.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

Personally I have enjoyed the evolution of this game over the 3 years I've played. The champs are much more creative. The animations are top notch.
    I do agree in 1 aspect. I used to be a pretty aggressive spender at one point. The past year of rebalance changes has resulted in me not being motivated to risk any money on acquiring new champs with the knowledge that it is highly likely that the abilities of that champ will be tuned up/down in the future.
    I just play for the love of the game these days.

100% agree...champs are more creative and animations are nice! It's really how the game is run to me that i'll be limiting my purchases now.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Regardless of politics or business practices and what have you, I will always give nothing but love and respect to the design team, and even the moderators because while 99% of the stuff that we're saying is usually in conflict with what they're trying to do, they're not just mindless, faceless words on a screen thanks to multiple videos and of course their appearances at Comic-Con. And I think that always keeps it more of a fun, livelier discussion rather than just outright disdain or anything negative.
  • Options
    GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    Here’s my take on things... with Realm of Champions coming, I’m sure there’s going to be some kind of tie-in with MCOC, so I’m sure that will bring something unique to the game.

Also, they could make some changes to a few things like arenas to make them more interesting, worth doing, and a bit less of a “grind” especially for higher level players that’s progression based. Like if you grind the 4* / 5* Featured arena and you’re Cavalier, then you should get the 3* Featured automatically if you hit enough points but not enough to win the champ (or maybe the last arenas 3* Featured arena champ, something!) Maybe for the 5* Featured arena throw in some extra resources like T2A / T5B shards (doesn’t have to be a lot), energy refills, or revives for those who get Top 1-30%. Not everyone has the time needed to grind all those different arenas every dang week, it’d be nice to just focus on one but still feel like you get something from it if you can’t grind enough to win the champ.

As for the whole Champ rebalance issue, hopefully the change to the release cadence will allow them to take more time testing out the champs ahead of time and make changes before they’re released. In the meantime, people should just quit handing over fistfuls of cash for every new champ crystal..

Just my thoughts..