**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is Old Man Logan not rated God tier.

FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
I have a lot of so called God tier five stars or should I say super hyped up champs but I still feel OML is my best champ I fail to understand why is he so underrated.

For comparison, Ghost can do a lot of damage but one mistake and it's done no coming back, hard to play as well.

Corvus needs ramp up and that first fight is horrible, plus now a lot of new counters are build for him.

Omega needs suicides to be good and high sig.

But OML is a free to play players (not that I am one..😅 ) absolute GOD he will save you lot of portions and will survive complete quests, and he is not that relient on bleeds as people say.

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Kalantak said:

u dont have to have him in some imaginery tier list for you to enjoy playing him or prove a point or something. its simple, you enjoy playing with him,use him, then rank him, no need for other players to rank him up for you to enjoy playing him.

Right, however this is just for those who do rank up based on tier list, just check OML out as well.
    people who rank up stuff based on "tier list" only pretty much end up regreting their decision and ask for rank down tickets whenever they get chance, for ex. morningstar is in "god tier" or "mephisto" but they are really not or require a long build up which is not feasible in real situation and depending on content they r great or may b even worthless on some. they both r awesome for dungeons but unfortunately if u try to use them on AQ or AW you'l end up using lot of items which is not ideal condition .
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Fabwizi said:

For comparison, Ghost can do a lot of damage but one mistake and it's done no coming back, hard to play as well.

Corvus needs ramp up and that first fight is horrible, plus now a lot of new counters are build for him.

OML heal blocked and he is dead.

Edit:
    Every champ has limitations that doesn't mean they are bad. A champ may shine in certain matchups and some may not.

Forget about tier list. Just rank up champs you enjoy playing with.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Let go of that "god tier" garbage. There are many champs in this game that are amazingly powerful and overlooked. If you love playing old man Logan then who gives a crape if he IS on the "god tier"? If a champ does what you need, and gets you where you wanna go then using them, run with it and let others fret over getting god tier champs! (While you are busy winning!) I beat up SS's all day long with my hulk! So yeah! god tier vs not, and i win everytime, before he even charges his first! So be sure to use SS in war guys! So i can kick his...
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    I wish i had domino or nick fury.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    The tier lists are just to give you a basic idea of the power levels of champions in the game. The guys who make the tier list themselves include a good 1-minute segment explaining that tier lists are just a rough guide, some champions can be higher or lower based on personal preference.

As for OML, I'm a free-to-play player with a 5* unawakened R4 OML (he's my only R4), I think I'm qualified enough to have an opinion about him. He has above average damage, mad regen (as OP mentioned this being the best ability of the champion, and I agree) and partial bleed immunity....that's pretty much it.

He doesn't have that much utility, compare him to some other so called "god-tier" champions. Emma Frost - immune to basically everything, evade counter, moderate power control, great damage.

Iceamn - double Immunities, great damage, evade counter.

Sunspot - one of the hardest hitting champions in the game, Incinerate immunity, heal reversal (with despair), perfect block on parries.

My point is, these champions are a tier above him for a reason. He's great, but I find him kinda hectic to manage and play, especially unawakened. I think he's in the perfect position in the tier list.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    I used a 2016 gem on OML, I agree he's very fun to play i.e. a good buff. However, in comparison he doesn't have enough damage or utility compared to the other "god tiers". Yes, if you make a mistake with Ghost you're dead, but that's the same with all difficult content, so it doesn't matter if you're playing with 1 or 100% health. E.g. 1% Corvus with charges on biohazard or against variant 4 Electro. Tier lists are champs relative to each other. I also agree with what others have said, go with who you like playing, you probably play them better.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Fabwizi said:

I have a lot of so called God tier five stars or should I say super hyped up champs but I still feel OML is my best champ I fail to understand why is he so underrated.

But OML is a free to play players (not that I am one..😅 ) absolute GOD he will save you lot of portions and will survive complete quests, and he is not that relient on bleeds as people say.

Considering Ghost’s damage as her main quality automatically excludes every statement to be rated as true.
    I once read about a discussion where a player suggested to give the 5-star science awakening gem to Luke Cage over Void because doing so he would have been able to survive to SP3s.
    I think we are at the same level here.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Because he's not. Collossus who got the buff at the same time is way better.
  • Your analysis of Ghost is incredibly poor. Her damage is not her only purpose, her utility and ability to phase through hits is why she's beyond god tier/best champ in game. Also, this whole "one screw up" and you take massive damage mindset? To that I say, "ya, no ****, thats the same with every champ".

And Ghost is NOT a hard champ once you master her. In fact, I would argue its easier to fight with her when possible as you just phase intercept enemies.

Having said that, I guess it is a good thing for Ghost players everywhere that there are still people out there claiming that Ghost is hard. Because thats the only reason she isnt nerfed. Its because there are people out there who are bad at the game and for some reason just cant figure her out.

So thanks.

Oh and OML aint god tier dude. Youre delusional. He pretty good though. But out of the top 30 (probably higher) best champs
  • Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    Hendross said:

I used a 2016 gem on OML, I agree he's very fun to play i.e. a good buff. However, in comparison he doesn't have enough damage or utility compared to the other "god tiers". Yes, if you make a mistake with Ghost you're dead, but that's the same with all difficult content, so it doesn't matter if you're playing with 1 or 100% health. E.g. 1% Corvus with charges on biohazard or against variant 4 Electro. Tier lists are champs relative to each other. I also agree with what others have said, go with who you like playing, you probably play them better.

I did the same. Mine was already awakened so it made the decision a lot easier. I enjoy playing him, especially paired with Mysterio for the regen boost. Time the specials and the regen starts right back up. Find he's a slow burn but can hit hard, those crit bleeds on sp2 are nice.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Rap said:

Let go of that "god tier" garbage. There are many champs in this game that are amazingly powerful and overlooked. If you love playing old man Logan then who gives a crape if he IS on the "god tier"? If a champ does what you need, and gets you where you wanna go then using them, run with it and let others fret over getting god tier champs! (While you are busy winning!) I beat up SS's all day long with my hulk! So yeah! god tier vs not, and i win everytime, before he even charges his first! So be sure to use SS in war guys! So i can kick his...

Why put SS on defense?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So I have a decent roster of “god tier” champs and recently just took OML to r4 with a 2016 mutant gem.

While I’ll say he is pretty fun to play and has some good durability I can easily see why he isn’t god tier with some of the others. He isn’t the top answer for anything he does.

1. Damage- his damage is pretty good but comparing him to other Top damage dealers on my team(ghost/Domino/capIW etc) he is not quite in their tier. The true “god tier” champs have either way more on demand damage or way more ramp up damage.

2. Utility- He doesn’t have a ton outside of bleeds and the fact his ability accuracy can not be lower. Look at champs list above they all bring solid utility to the table along with way better damage.

3. Regen-his regen is ok but if that’s your thing there are currently some better options out there for this that provide more utility with that regen(Namor for instance though “balance” incoming). I’d personally as an example take my voodoo over OML in this instance for regen as he bring more utility with that regen. Plus if you are strong on your parry and intercept game or good at playing high skill level champs you don’t need to worry about this as much.

Truthfully in Act 6 beyond content if you are taking hits to the face or straight block damage this isn’t going to save you anyway. Also back to point 1 if you deal more damage then you take less damage because shorter fight.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    People overestimate how hard Ghost is to play, and no, you can make a few mistakes, in fact, sometimes mistakes can be good e.g gain a bleed which you can convert to a buff and end the fight.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I can remember on the old forums a guy complaining for the phrase “God Tier” as it was insulting to God or something.

Funny times
  • Not been that impressed with him myself but more power to you.

I would ignore tier lists as your bible. You should rank up for what you need. Immunity/power control etc. There’s no point you having 5 massive damage dealers and 0 immunities because you didn’t want to rank up the guy that’s classed as ‘Demi god’ because the others are ‘gods’.

They’re a good starting point, made by a guy who to be fair has a very good knowledge of the game but when he makes his tier list I guarantee he’s thinking champion X is a god because he can do XYZ which is an unusual combo and I need that for this quest.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Because OML doesn’t have a lot of viability. They completely ruined his bleed resistance (unless they fixed him in the past month). I hate how his bleed resistance is now tied to his regen buff. Once you lose it due to nullify or consuming it with a special, he loses his bleed resistance which is arguably the best part of kit, resisting bleeds and now converting them to fury. Trash.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Hehehehe ohhh mehnnn
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Fabwizi said:

In general, most of the well-known "tier lists" out there focus more on the absolute maximum performance of a champion when played in expert hands - theoretical value, if you like. From that kind of perspective healing is undervalued because healing is only necessary when you take damage, and in theoretically expert hands it is generally possible to avoid taking damage. It is for the same reason that many people, even when he was super-hyped, considered Blade to be subpar unless used within the trinity and only in Danger sense fights. In actuality a huge part of his value comes from his sustainability in hard fights or long paths, which 99.99% of players of the game would find extremely valuable.

OML's healing can be a big benefit to the average player in many circumstances. The problem with OML is even for such players it is too easy to either lose that healing for a substantial amount of time by using special attacks at a suboptimal moment, or conversely handicap his damage by avoiding using specials unless the perfect moment arises. Those limitations prevent him from being considered among the best champs around even when it comes to typical players in typical situations compared to champs like Blade that have superior sustainability.

That doesn't mean he's bad, it just means he's not among the best in most people's opinion. But if he works for you, that shouldn't deter you from using him. Back in the day when I was using Rogue for her sustainability she wasn't considered a particularly good champ, and I couldn't have cared less.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    I suppose you would have to ask the person who made the Tier List.