**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

rebalance corrections

I'm not sure why kabam said they are never going to do rank down tickets again but i believe this to be an outdated philosophy. There has been a lot of talk about the rebalancing that kabam does to get things in the game the way they want it. Yet it has been several years since the last time we recived rank down tickets to rebalance our rosters so we can enjoy the game the way we like it.

there are so many reasons to allow us to change our rank up decisions. If kabam is going to continue to change champs they should allow us to rethink some of our decisions too. I don't see how this would have this catastrophic negative impact on the game. so any input is welcome as well as any info on why they won't allow rank down tickets would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    edited February 2020

Rdts give cats only.
    Here, you'll get sig stones and awakening gems too. It's better
    Please read through the champion update post thoroughly.
  • Options
    xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83

Rdts give cats only.

I'm thinking more in broader terms. I think we should be given opportunities to change our decisions in general. like every 6 months or somthing. even once a year would be better than never.
  • Options
    JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    xxgonzoxx said:

Rdts give cats only.

I'm thinking more in broader terms. I think we should be given opportunities to change our decisions in general. like every 6 months or somthing. even once a year would be better than never.
    I understand but one of the things that makes this game so much fun personally is the element of strategy. Rdts would totally ruin this aspect of the game as you wouldn't be much cautious and would rank up champs casually. Rdts are imo bad for the health of this game, should be given out only when necessary.
  • Options
    For every great argument made in favor of RDTs there's a greater argument why they do more bad than good. The new method they're offering with the rebalances is far more comprehensive and beneficial than any RDT could be. Which is only available due to changes being made. Short of such a situation, there's 0 reason to have RDTs, or this new sell back option.

RDTs don't move you forward. They shift resources that essentially were improperly spent. It takes away the concept of consequences and accountability. You live with choices made in the cases of no changes made to said Champion you've ranked up. Also, there's always that chance months down the road the seemingly regrettable rank up decision of today becomes clutch with the introduction of a new champion and/or node.

This is also why it's typically not wise to sell champs. Same premise. They may not be useful today, but that doesn't mean they won't be useful down the road. There's a reason we rank up anyone in this game in the 1st place. Whatever that reason may've been, you live with choice you make. Unless Kabam makes a change to the champ, there's just no real justification for reversing a decision made in game. Personally, I'd rather be given Generic Rank Up Gems anyday of the week over RDTs. The Rank Up Gem will move me further forward in taking ANOTHER champ up without taking someone backwards.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

For every great argument made in favor of RDTs there's a greater argument why they do more bad than good. The new method they're offering with the rebalances is far more comprehensive and beneficial than any RDT could be. Which is only available due to changes being made. Short of such a situation, there's 0 reason to have RDTs, or this new sell back option.

RDTs don't move you forward. They shift resources that essentially were improperly spent. It takes away the concept of consequences and accountability. You live with choices made in the cases of no changes made to said Champion you've ranked up. Also, there's always that chance months down the road the seemingly regrettable rank up decision of today becomes clutch with the introduction of a new champion and/or node.

This is also why it's typically not wise to sell champs. Same premise. They may not be useful today, but that doesn't mean they won't be useful down the road. There's a reason we rank up anyone in this game in the 1st place. Whatever that reason may've been, you live with choice you make. Unless Kabam makes a change to the champ, there's just no real justification for reversing a decision made in game. Personally, I'd rather be given Generic Rank Up Gems anyday of the week over RDTs. The Rank Up Gem will move me further forward in taking ANOTHER champ up without taking someone backwards.

Thats the point. maybe you put resources somewhere and have regret. if they were to do rdts it should be limited but i personally know some shifting would be appreciated. you say it takes away the concept of consequences and accountability but that just isn't true if its done right. also why should consequences and accountability apply to us but not kabam. if there is something they don't like or is not working out to their advantage they can change it arbitrarily. why should we not be offered the same opportunity to make changes on our side?

Also saying things like "bad for the health of the game" or just saying it would negatively affect the game without substantiation isn't giving me a clear understanding of why. please elaborate.
  • Options
    I am seeing a lot of people click disagree but not saying anything. i'm trying to understand why people perceive it as a negative. speak up.
  • Options
    MadbeezMadbeez Posts: 87
    When is the rebalancing set to happen? I never see dates? I have an R5 Cull and wonder how when I’ll be notified when to sell?
  • Options
    And Iso is always a pain for me give me my Iso please!!
  • Options
    I don’t see how cull is unfair he takes a great deal of skill to use. He takes tons of chip
    Damage and quite a bit of ramp
    Up. Beating the first few champs
    Before his missions are complete is a nightmare and always tricky.
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    The major undeniable reason why RDTs are a bad idea is prestige. RDTs give people the chance to keep their prestige moving upwards with little consequence. This will undoubtedly hurt a bunch of players as the majority of players are not spending outrageous amounts of money to obtain the newest prestige champ. This would severely unbalance AQ.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    As with any compensation related to an issue or change, it is only given with consideration to the specific circumstances when warranted. This also goes for any rank down ticket or rank down process related to a re-balance and it should not be expected in every situation.
This discussion has been closed.