**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should they buff Gambit?

BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion

Should they buff Gambit? 38 votes

Yes
81%
RotmgmoddyMcord11758ShrimkinsKronos987654321RbvojtikTimone147TheObiJuanZENYellsomeAxeCopFireDanicb94J_PattwSWeaponXKingCrooksMoridinMavm0nk3ynebBUZZdog3000chunkybGNASTY 31 votes
No
18%
Spity68NomarigerolMagrailothosSungjNarcuulDrummer829Lalalalq 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Yes
    It does not feel satisfying unloading those 10 charges for a small amount of damage, before the big nerf update when everything was normal for most champs and not limited with their power it would pay off charging all 10 and same with other champs they just feel too restricted in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yes
    Just change the timer on his charges to a flat rate pls. Maybe let him build charges while blocking a hit as well.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    No
    There is no need he isn't a great champion but he has his uses, there are a lot of champions that are worse and should get buffs before gambit
  • Options
    FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Yes
    I don't like his kit at all. I'm fine with the idea of building kinetic energy and everything, although I hate having to convert them with his heavy. And the idea of building up kinetic energy by standing completely motionless, NOT doing anything, is kinda dumb. If his charges just climbed as he dealt and took hits, wouldn't he be a far more fun character? Here's my proposal:

Just do away with kinetic charges and prowess entirely and give him a meter that builds up to 100 like dormammu's, that builds by like, 10-20 per hit, as you hit the opponent with basic attacks and, by activating a special, expends the meter, boosting his special damage by 2-3% per point. Make em' fall off over time as you're not dealing damage, and even better, how about if you gained 50% more power as the enemy hits you at the cost of some of his meter? Ties in perfectly with the whole "Kinetic energy thing". You could work in the ability accuracy boost he gains from kinetic charges into his signature or a passive and make it build in a separate meter in the same way as special damage, and make it build on blocked hits or something. Adjust his crit damage boost from his signature to align with the new meter as well, and maybe his flak jacket or whatever it's called could be a little better too? I don't really mind that, though. He's not meant to be a defense character.

Boom. Just made Gambit fun.
    Plz Kabam.
  • Options
    YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Yes
    Fives wrote: »
    I don't like his kit at all. I'm fine with the idea of building kinetic energy and everything, although I hate having to convert them with his heavy. And the idea of building up kinetic energy by standing completely motionless, NOT doing anything, is kinda dumb. If his charges just climbed as he dealt and took hits, wouldn't he be a far more fun character? Here's my proposal:

Just do away with kinetic charges and prowess entirely and give him a meter that builds up to 100 like dormammu's, that builds by like, 10-20 per hit, as you hit the opponent with basic attacks and, by activating a special, expends the meter, boosting his special damage by 2-3% per point. Make em' fall off over time as you're not dealing damage, and even better, how about if you gained 50% more power as the enemy hits you at the cost of some of his meter? Ties in perfectly with the whole "Kinetic energy thing". You could work in the ability accuracy boost he gains from kinetic charges into his signature or a passive and make it build in a separate meter in the same way as special damage, and make it build on blocked hits or something. Adjust his crit damage boost from his signature to align with the new meter as well, and maybe his flak jacket or whatever it's called could be a little better too? I don't really mind that, though. He's not meant to be a defense character.

Boom. Just made Gambit fun.
    Plz Kabam.

I made a post on this too but I totally agree with the dormammu idea bein applied here
  • Options
    Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    No
    Before we start buffing mediocre champs, let's buff the ones that are 100% useless first
  • Options
    FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    Yes
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    Before we start buffing mediocre champs, let's buff the ones that are 100% useless first

I don't think the argument that other characters are worse than him really justifies not buffing him. I'm fine with other champions getting buffed, and I'm totally fine with Kabam fixing them first if they decide to, but that doesn't stop them from getting to Gambit and characters like him eventually, does it?

Unfortunately, it seems like they're too focused on bug fixes and all the other stuff that's been going on lately to worry about buffing anyone, be they Gambit, Colossus, Luke Cage or anybody else.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Yes
    I have a 5/50 gambit so buff away kabam