**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

17% Chance for 4* Shards...or Nah?

DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

🙄🙄🙄
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    I opened 15 and got 1500 so they're in there somewhere
  • You got 10,000 3* Shards, which essentially equals another 5 Dup's worth of 4* Shards when opening those 3* crystals.
    And about 2/3rds of a full T4Basic.

And not like 4* Shards were “Rare”, just 1/2 the odds that the 3* Shards are listed at (compared to 1/5th or worse for Feature Hero Crystals).

For what looks like in total 360,000 excess Acorns, better than nothing.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I opened up 83 crystals and got about 7k 4* shards.
    Shrimkins said:

Lucky mate

You got 10,000 3* Shards, which essentially equals another 5 Dup's worth of 4* Shards when opening those 3* crystals.

And not like 4* Shards were “Rare”, just 1/2 the odds that the 3* Shards are listed at (compared to 1/5th or worse for Feature Hero Crystals).

I agree better than nothing, just hate when a 20% chance really sometimes means a 0% chance in KabamLand
  • 22 crystals (sampling of “how much” of each thing you get)...

6x T4Class frags (3200 each)
    4x T4Basic frags (3200 each)
    2x Gold (10,000 each)
    8x 3* Shards (1000 x5, 500 x3)
    2x 4* Shards (250 each).

so when you do pull the 4*, the amount of Shards given is less than if you got 3*.

• Shrimkins said:

Luckier than I was by about a factor of 3.5 times my 4* pulls, and might indicate there are maybe some 500x 4* options (or maybe even higher ??) in some pulls.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    I should’ve used my 72 basket for acorns
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    DukeZman said:

You got 10,000 3* Shards, which essentially equals another 5 Dup's worth of 4* Shards when opening those 3* crystals.

I agree better than nothing, just hate when a 20% chance really sometimes means a 0% chance in KabamLand
    I don't think you know how drop rates work. 20% chance to get something doesn't 20% of what you get will be that. You're never guaranteed to pull any one thing. Some will pull more, some will pull less, some will pull nothing. That's how chance works.
  • The odds of not pulling 4* shards out of 36 crystals is sufficiently low that I wish the screencaps included all of the drops off to the right. Perhaps there was 4* shards in that set but just off-screen.
  • Think from OP pic, that probably around 31 of the 36 pulls are shown as items on his Pic, other 5 Crystals worth would be on items further to right. But yes, would have been nice to see those too if indeed saying there were not any 4*.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The odds of not hitting a single drop of 4* shards in 36 work out at around 0.12%, it’s low but nit as low as you may expect
    DNA3000 said:

The odds of not pulling 4* shards out of 36 crystals is sufficiently low that I wish the screencaps included all of the drops off to the right. Perhaps there was 4* shards in that set but just off-screen.

Bro I didn't hide 4* shards off to the right to try and make drama...they weren't there. It was all T4CC plus the ones formed through fragments. But 0 4* shards.

Think from OP pic, that probably around 31 of the 36 pulls are shown as items on his Pic, other 5 Crystals worth would be on items further to right. But yes, would have been nice to see those too if indeed saying there were not any 4*.

Ya'll are crazy...why would I make up drama? off to the right is more T4CC and then the ones that formed from the fragments. there.were.ZERO.4*.shards. perod

As you can see @DNA3000 and @SummonerNR : if i had gotten 4* shards, they would be next to the 3* shards as in both @RichTheMan and ProfHoff's videos. I just had really bad luck.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    I opened 12. 1500 4* shards, 6400 t4 cosmic shards, some gold and 3*/t4b shards i didn't pay attention to.
  • DukeZman said:

As you can see @DNA3000 and @SummonerNR : if i had gotten 4* shards, they would be next to the 3* shards as in both @RichTheMan and ProfHoff's videos. I just had really bad luck.

Not knocking you on them not being there, just that your original title/post didn’t say no 4* (that wasn’t until later on)...

DukeZman said:

Not knocking you on them not being there, just that your original title/post didn’t say no 4* (that wasn’t until later on)...

gotcha. yeah i got none :-(
  • kobikobi Posts: 7

ABOUT 200K GOLD :s
  • DukeZman said:

I don't think the order is necessarily fixed. Notice that the first crystal Prof Hoff opens is 4* shards, and the first crystal that Rich opens is coincidentally also 4* shards. But check out this player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlD8OjGUnUo
    Notice the first crystal he opens is gold, and from then on end throughout the opening Gold is the first thing in the list. Now he also seems to have 4* and 3* shards together, but the fact that the order is not the same between this player and the other two suggests that the order in which you get the rewards could have some influence on the order in which they display, and it is at least possible you had 4* shards farther to the right. Or that maybe sometimes the order is just screwy: the game client seems sometimes to have issues with keeping things in the same order consistently in other parts of the game.

It is not impossible you could have just gotten really unlucky. But it is also not impossible that the crystal order wasn't guaranteed to place your 4* shards where you thought they would be.
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    edited February 2020
    I opened 6 of them and found 1k 4 star shards.
    They exists in that crystal
  • Hedron said:

I opened 6 of them and found 1k 4 star shards.
    They exists in that crystal

Did you spin them individually and see that a single pull actually gave 1000 4* Shards ? Or just lump sum open where you maybe had 2x of 500 each ?