**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just want to thank kabam, your game truly saved my life.

I am a US Army veteran. Served in combat for Iraqi freedom as well as in Afghanistan. In the infantry, we typically do alot of things that leave marks on us. Ones we take with us forever. Since I've gotten out I've had a very difficult time finding a job. I suffer from PTSD and at one point I was to the point of wanting to just end it all. I randomly came across the game on Facebook somehow and I tried it. I not only fell in love with the game but honestly it was the distraction I needed from the pressure on my shoulders from life after the wars and from PTSD. I dove into the game and put my attention into learning everything there is to know about it. Joining an alliance and feeling part of a team again. A sort of brotherhood almost similar to how it was in army. In short I just want to thank you guys for making this game... It truly saved my life.

Thanks. Sergeant Chris E.

Comments

• Options
    TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    edited February 2020
    @Ice_and_Fire Thank you so much for your service and wish you the best of luck in life and MCOC! Got our full support. I'm in the LEO field so i know all about the PTSD and stressful situations. Reach out if you have any questions or just need to talk!
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    @Ice_and_Fire Thank you for your service to our beautiful country! It is amazing how such a rudimentary thing like a mobile video game can play a role in saving someones life.
    God bless you and America,
    Bert
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Thank you for your service. Glad this gave you something you needed. Best of luck
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Thank you for your service.
  • Options
    Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Again thank your for your service and thank you for that story.
    Made my day!
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,729 ★★★★★
    ...I'm not crying...you are...

(Respect to you)
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,209 ★★★★
    @Ice_and_Fire Thank you for your service. I have a buddy who did several desert tours. PTSD had him in a place that he was unable to leave the house, even tho his mom who had cancer lived next door. He says playing video games with me helped him get thru it.
    These days we ride our motorcycles and he's back to enjoying his wife and kids. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Darth_SaintDarth_Saint Posts: 26
    @Ice_and_Fire Thank you for your service!
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike bless this guy with some good luck
  • Options
    NopedroooNopedrooo Posts: 116
    That’s great, man!

I haven’t done great things in life, but I had rough last 5 years battling MS, cancer and becoming impaired on a domestic accident and i completely agree with you.

The game has helped me to distract from the issues and crippling depression, and some of the people i’ve met have become great friends.
  • Options
    While some out there arrogantly label video games as mind numbing, this is proof of how useful they truly can be. @Ice_and_Fire thank you for your sacrifice and service to all who enjoy life in the US. I tip my hat to you sir. On a certain level, I can relate. I was coming back from some self inflicted foolishness when I found CoC. It did the same for me.

Over time I've found a great crew to work alongside as Leader, and there's a certain comradery found in an Alliance that forms strong bonds. While yes this is a video game, and yes most of us have never even met, we all look out for eachother in many ways. In game and beyond. Finding others that share the same passion (Marvel) and enjoying the game together is what makes the experience so much more than just playing another mobile game.

To hear such from someone who has seen and experienced so much that they're dealing with PTSD is just more proof of what's available here. I know many have their gripes with Kabam for this and that. At the end of the day, they've given people something that in certain cases has changed the course of their lives. If that's not amazing, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    This is a wonderful post but what I cannot understand is how a human being will still click disagree. Unless_________
  • Options
    Ice_and_FireIce_and_Fire Posts: 220
    Get on to see a whole lotta people showing love! You are the reason soldiers do it. Thank you all for the support. A staggering statistic in the United States every 25 seconds a veteran commits suicide. Alot of times a simple gesture could save a life.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    Love and respect from the UK, @Ice_and_Fire. I'm not American, but thank you for your service to us all.

This is the positive aspect of video gaming that is so rarely appreciated in the media.

I hope it continues to help you find your feet.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    That’s great to hear, especially with all of the talk of video games being terrible. Thank you for your service, and I hope you pull all the good champs in this game