**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unfair Matchmaking-Shattered Our Goal to Become Gold Tier

CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
We are a Silver I Ally (Rank #201). We needed about 200k Points to reach Gold, which we strongly believed we would reach by Exploring 100% in all the BGs, like we did in our previous 3 Wars...
But this matchmaking has ruined our Dreams to become Gold III..
@Kabam Miike Isn't this matchmaking Unfair for a Silver I Ranked Ally.....
We will get very minimal Points

Give us a Bye!

Comments

• CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    Yea, But the Boss Kill will Award extra Points right? 3 BG Boss Kill means... 20kx3
    So This Matchamking 100% Explored will be equal to Any other Matchmaking, where Placements have been Made?
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★

So This Matchamking 100% Explored will be equal to Any other Matchmaking, where Placements have been Made?

Precisely, except far easier, and your opponent gets 0 diversity for THEIR score for each empty node.
    Madcat said:

Precisely, except far easier, and your opponent gets 0 diversity for THEIR score for each empty node.
    Thank You for Enlightening
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Anytime! Good luck
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    You actually got more points than normal this way than if you faced a full war.
  • Need to learn how exactly you get Points in AW.

Each “potential” hero node (all those that are numbered) will give you Attack Bonus Points just for touching them, whether or not they actually had a defender there. So traveling past an empty numbered node is an easy 240 pts (80 x 3 Attack Bonus).

You also get points from your defensive map for every one of your defenders still remaining standing.

So this should have been an opportunity for you to actually get A LOT MORE points that normal, if the opponent does not have anyone actually fighting to take out any of your defenders.

PROBLEM IS, that it looks like maybe you had a lot of your own teammates maybe already just following up on existing paths, and leaving A LOT of the defense's empty numbered nodes UNTOUCHED. ** That will cost you greatly (unless there are still a lot of your teammates yet to join attack and travel thru those untouched paths).
  • Although, looking at opponent alliance, an OPEN ally where everyone has been gone 600+ days basically, EXCEPT an apparently recent joined person which probably has been auto-promoted to Leader, the ONLY person active. And he was allowed to start a 3 BG War (which in and unto itself should maybe be examined by Kabam and prevented from doing).

And was a VERY LOPSIDED Prestige difference. Opponent ally with Prestige at a very lowly 341 (and ally Rating of 331k, most of which is from current leader).

Take the win, with huge points, if you don’t shoot yourselves in the foot first.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    You actually got lucky with this AW
  • Need to learn how exactly you get Points in AW.

Each “potential” hero node (all those that are numbered) will give you Attack Bonus Points just for touching them, whether or not they actually had a defender there. So traveling past an empty numbered node is an easy 240 pts (80 x 3 Attack Bonus).

The way I describe this is that every numbered node you can place a defender on, whether there is a defender placed there or not, "contains" 240 attack bonus points. You get those points the moment you "stand on" the node. You can do that by defeating the defender placed there, or by just walking onto the node if there is no defender. Every time you die or timeout, the node loses 80 attack bonus points, to a minimum of zero.

Technically, the "boss defeated" points work the same way: you get them when you stand on the node, whether there is a boss there or not.

The important thing to note is that you get the points whether there is a defender/boss there or not, but either way you have to step onto the node to get those points. Many a player has wondered why they didn't get the "free" points on empty nodes, when no one took those paths because they were "empty."
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Hopefully you fully explored the map.
    You get full points of empty nodes including Attack bonus and finishing the boss.
  • Madcat said:

Thank You for Enlightening
    here's more useful enlightenment:

to go up reward rank from 201, you needed to outperform not only the 200 alliances ahead of you, but also any number below you and above them. suffice to say, 200k wasn't going to do it. if you were #51 going into the last war you'd have more of a chance. pro tip: after every war, get a screen shot of the leader of every bracket after scoring ends so you can see what the score swing is from war to war to get a better sense of what's needed.
    Yes, this is another important point. The other alliances aren't going to stand still. In and around the rating of the OP's alliance you can probably jump 60-ish places with a win. If you're #201 in Silver 1, it would take about three or four wins to close the gap into Gold 3.

Back when I used to do war competitively and tracked such things, I used to track the brackets throughout the season so I could predict what we needed to stay in our bracket or advance higher. I would track the top score in Gold 1 (where we generally were hovering) and the top score in Gold 2 for every war starting with war 3 (when they start showing ranks) to give me something like this:

That way I could see our alliance's scoring trajectory during the season to know whether we were "in the band" or not for the bracket we were shooting for.
    Thank You All.......We got to GOLD III...Rank #1402
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Next time u would get more help from ppl if u simply asked why something happened before complaining about something being "unfair" when u we're the one mistaken. Asking for help on how the game works will always get u farther than just complaining.
    Neotwism said:

Next time u would get more help from ppl if u simply asked why something happened before complaining about something being "unfair" when u we're the one mistaken. Asking for help on how the game works will always get u farther than just complaining.

Well the forums are meant for Discussion & Doubt Clearing...
    thats what I did....
    Helping Each other helps all of us to grow...
    I am Happy that people enlightened me with knowledge, clearing my view on how war works
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @CASrinivas did y'all 100% the map? You got the dream match if you were on the bubble for gold. Hope you get it.
    Yes, We did that
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    This isn’t fair
    Realizes they literally got the max possible score for their tier 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • After the new AW Map update we are continuously getting unfair Matchmaking. In season 18 we were gold 2 after the update of new AW map update we are facing higher prestige ally higher rank ally. Due to which we are not progressing in AW and stuck in Gold 3 just because of Unfair Matchmaking. In today's war we got 34m ally which is almost double of our 13m ally even prestige also, in previous war we faced 24m ally and higher prestige than ours.

We also want to achieve the good rewards in AW we are giving our 100% in AW but still not getting fair matchmaking.

Members are not willing to play AW anymore just because of that Unfair matchmaking. We hoped for good solution after the new AW map but the thing got worsen then before. This is what we not expect from the update.

Please look into it and do something about Fair Matchmaking. Before new Update the matchmaking was somewhere good then now.
  • After the new AW Map update we are continuously getting unfair Matchmaking. In season 18 we were gold 2 after the update of new AW map update we are facing higher prestige ally higher rank ally. Due to which we are not progressing in AW and stuck in Gold 3 just because of Unfair Matchmaking. In today's war we got 34m ally which is almost double of our 13m ally even prestige also, in previous war we faced 24m ally and higher prestige than ours.

We also want to achieve the good rewards in AW we are giving our 100% in AW but still not getting fair matchmaking.

Members are not willing to play AW anymore just because of that Unfair matchmaking. We hoped for good solution after the new AW map but the thing got worsen then before. This is what we not expect from the update.

Please look into it and do something about Fair Matchmaking. Before new Update the matchmaking was somewhere good then now.

Show me the carfax