**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Feb 2020 Side Event Feedback (3 week arena, objectives & quest)

CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
Since there are 2 announcements I figured I would start a single thread about general feedback for Feb 2020 Side Events.

I am an endgame player and the feedback I'm giving is based on that. I understand that other players in different stages may have a different viewpoint.

Rewards:
First off, I feel like GM & Legendary crystals are bad as the main rewards in a month. This month that is basically what we are getting besides 2,000 Glory worth of T5B, 1/2 T2A, 7500 5* shards and 1000 6* shards.

Legendary crystals: The biggest problem with these rewards is the difference between a 4* and 5* in this game. A 4* for endgame players is 550 5* shards(sometimes only 275). A 5* is worth 10,000 5* shards. This means that with your 80% chance at a 4* you will be mainly pulling something that is 18xs less(36xs less if not a max sig) valuable than the 20% of a 5*. Now lets say luck is on your side and you pull a 5*, how many of those 5* would be a good champ for your roster? Let's say 20% of the champs in the crystal would be a decent pull. That is a 1/5 chance to get a 5* then a 1/5 chance to get a champ you would be happy to get. This sucks, especially with only 2 chances. While the odds are you will get 1,100 5* shards as your rewards for these crystals, while someone else could pull 2 amazing champs for the exact same effort.

The biggest "adding insult to injury" part is that 4*s are banned from Act 6, because of this I think Legendary crystals should not be a reward for any Epic level content, it is wholly inapplicable to Epic level players and should have been phased out as soon as Kabam made that decision. IMHO it's actually offensive to endgame players to have this reward here (yes, I know, a little dramatic).

GM: Same gist as above. Same effort, same RNG except worse as 3*s are added to the equation. I will say if they want GM as the main rewards they should to allow us to be able to farm enough for about 40 GM crystals (odds to pull 2 5* champs).

Quest:
I'm not going to say the quest isn't worth the rewards, but no one really can say as the rewards are very RNG based. If you pull 0 5* from the GM and Leg crystals, then probably not worth the effort, which is actually a very likely scenario. Adding something like units for completion and exploration would make me feel much better about grinding this out.

Arena:
This to me is just a huge fail. No units in milestones. 10 Milestones, which I think is fine with the title there, but why not 10 more milestones on top of that with 2000 shards and all the other rewards (including units, which should absolutely be added) at the same intervals. No need for a big reward at 20, just extra levels to grind.

Also, why not do two arenas, there is a big missed opportunity for a 5/6 star arena, it could be scaled exactly the same(with my additions above) with a different title.

Objectives:
First time I have seen Objectives and have not cared to try and grind them out. I think each reward should have 1000 shards instead of 400.

Duration:
Duration is the biggest issue here. The rewards MAY be worth the effort IF you get lucky. That is a problem. But the biggest problem to me is that there is just not enough here to do. The rewards could be way better with more content, everything here is so short.

Conclusion?
With the promise of upping endgame rewards why is Kabam making sorter side content with less rewards? Why is Kabam giving us less to do in-game? Some players will walk away with 0 5* champs from a whole month of side content. Why are they not scaling a side arena for endgame players like they try (and usually succeed) with every other aspect of the game?

Anyways, this is my feedback. The sad truth is that I probably got more entertainment out of writing this post then doing the whole Feb 2020 side content.

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I agree that it is a little underwhelming. That said, I'm also not sad its underwhelming. Definitely won't be doing 150 rounds of arena to hit the objectives for a 5% chance of pulling a 5*. Personally not worth my time. It'll be a nice break from grinding out all events and side quests.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Best idea ever
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I think this is a fairly good view on the event for this month. However I think it’s worth noting that while the Love side quest and arena are geared more towards beginner-mid level players, they did just release the Abyss for the absolute end game players as well. I think Kabam was trying to tow a very fine line where there would be something everyone could participate in. Now if you’re an end game player but F2P, you probably won’t be doing Abyss any time soon (at least 100%) and it can feel like there’s not much going on this month. Just my two cents.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    edited February 2020
    I think the difficulty and requirements of this months side quest are great. As an end game player, the cost of running the event is merely some energy for a nice little stack of rewards.

As for the arena, if you feel the rewards aren’t worth your time for the crystal shards then just focus on other arenas.

Some side quests are geared towards different levels of rosters. Seems this month is aimed towards mid-tier players focused on expanding their 4* rosters.

I do agree with the idea to offer a guaranteed 5* if you hit all the milestones. IMO any reward that is left up to chance is only as good as the worst possible outcome of your pulls.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    buffajr said:

I think the difficulty and requirements of this months side quest are great. As an end game player, the cost of running the event is merely some energy for a nice little stack of rewards.

As for the arena, if you feel the rewards aren’t worth your time for the crystal shards then just focus on other arenas.

Some side quests are geared towards different levels of rosters. Seems this month is aimed towards mid-tier players focused on expanding their 4* rosters.

I do agree with the idea to offer a guaranteed 5* if you hit all the milestones. IMO any reward that is left up to chance is only as good as the worst possible outcome of your pulls.

I agree, the quest isn’t bad, it’s just short. Would have liked a longer one for more rewards. Doubling the size along with the rewards would be perfect, IMHO.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I hate “chance of crystals”, I reckon 99% of the time I get the lesser rarity. I’m still yet to pull the higher rarity champ from the login calendar crystal.
  • Baggy86Baggy86 Posts: 12
    I like the idea of the arena, but I think the max milestone reward is far too low in comparison with the solo achievements.Maybe if the milestones were kept where they are and rank rewards were added, people would be able to stay interested in it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

To be honest, I think every monthly side event should have the guarantee of 5 & 6 star shards. For some players it's the only method of obtaining them quicker than grinding the game in arena or story mode. I was in a plat 3 alliance and dropped down because I got burned out in war and doing AQ for over 4 years straight. The game team indicated that they would be making shards more available in the game. Then some months they're REALLY available while others it's...this. I have no problem putting in extra effort in this special arena (like i've done for all the others) and have no problem going through a daily or special quest to get a higher reward. But it should be proportionate.

Asking to be able to open an extra 5 star champion guaranteed from a side event is not asking for a 5 star awakening gem from every event. Obviously that's not gonna be something the game would be doing. But opening and obtaining champs is kind of the point of this thing, and if the side quest is giving me 3 star champs then it's gonna be a meh.

I'm cavalier and pay MONTHLY for a subscription, the minimum guaranteed champ should be a 4 star.

This feels similar to the endgame event. It's like an initial thought happened for a side quest that could be really cool, and then somewhere along the development phase it turned into a really meh grind for nothing.

Forgot about the Endgame event. Yuck. This isn’t that bad.

Dr. Zola
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

phil56201 said:

I'm not one to come on here and complain, but my only issue is the objectives. Already hit 800k doing only gold border matches and am nowhere near hitting all of them. And I doubt I will luck into the amount of specific champions needed in regular arenas. Duels don't count, so my only option is to endlessly grind the mojo arena, or just call it a day.

The question is whether it is worth it versus your precious time. Unless I’m missing something, it’s Shattered shards for all those objectives. That means GMC odds for anything good from them. And you know what that means.

Dr. Zola
    My issue is that there is nothing else to do so most people are going to do it. I'm guessing most people dedicate roughly the same amount of time to the game each month's sidequest. When the side quest is good then it's time well spent. When we get a month like this it's either do the bad quest and hope to get lucky, grind arena, or simply not play the game. For many people, those are all bad options.
  • NinjaTucNinjaTuc Posts: 58
    This month is piss poor for side events ect I've done 1.2mill in this arena and just the objectives left to go but I have grown very bored now there is no milestone to chase and very boring rewards on offer in the objectives I will be stopping this event now myself very dissapionting kabam
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    I hear the point on every month can’t be amazing for endgame players but I guess I disagree with the reasoning.

Why should some months should side quests feel like I’m making no real progress. The content I’m grinding is bringing me no where in reality and as a result more so we are doing it out of boredom verse excitement. The tiny glimmer of maybe something worthwhile is the only thing we have when doing that content even though we really no it’s going nowhere for us.

I hear you in abyss but we are not talking about the top of the top who feel like there getting nothing we are talking about those caught in between. Those that are tired of the boring monthly EQ with 2 year old rewards for us, the side quests that really don’t do a ton for us, all other options beside the worst of the worst content to work against that take such a grind investment to do.

On top of that many are eliminated from pursuing that grind on this content because they haven’t pulled the right few champs to make it reasonable out of the 150+ in game in the right Star variety.

It’s just feel slow and boring when you are basically done with gaining anything from quest content for your roster after a week or 2 into the month. Along with what you gain is small baby steps And that week or 2 of quests got you nothing to help clear content you are still working on.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    My feedback:

I feel like the community drew an inflection point in October when we exploded at the pathetic rewards:effort ratio of the side quest.

I have watched a lot of interviews with Kabam employees and it is very clear the resources in game are an economy. They treat it as such and they aren't going to flood the place with rewards. They just aren't.

What I will say they have done (Squirrels and this event ) is whether the rewards are amazing or meh, I can't say the effort:reward ratio has been bad. It has been improved significantly. Am I going to progress based on the love is a battlerealm 3 event, no not really, but I also didn't sit here and have to be on every 7 hours to earn 50 5* shards at a time, set my alarm at 3am for stuff, organize my alliance who is going to start the quest at 5:23 AM when this one expires lol. If you have played long enough, you know what I am talking about.

I ran the epic quest in one evening after I was done with normal milestone arena grinding. I now have 20 days of pretty much not worrying about a side request.

I feel like Kabam is trying to find a balance where the game doesn't dominate real life. I appreciate that. They are still looking for the balance

Ok Change of Tone:

I feel like they missed the mark on the arena. It is TWENTY-ONE Days. I was anticipating, at the very least, double the milestones/length you would find in a 3 day session. I thought, maybe I can use this to pick up on Sundays, but its a terrible length and they really missed on the solo objectives, specifically the deadpool one. Not many are going to sit around running arena all day for a truly measly reward and a profile pic. I mean you gotta be really bored to have time to allocate to that. Someones math was off on that specific objective. All the other ones will fill in for the everyday arena guy through 21 days, but deadpool is a sit there and grind that arena for nothing other than the profile pic scenario.

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

Thank you for your feedback. I can see where some of this is coming from, and want to give you some insight into our decision making.

While we try our hardest to make sure that every player has content that they can find geared towards them, that is not going to be possible with every piece of content that is released.

Not every month's Side Event is going to have a 5-Star Awakening Gem or some high level/rarity items. Nor are the place to go for end game rewards. We're always adding more and more content for our end game players, and want to give more End Game rewards as well, but that won't be in Monthly Side Events. We recently released the Abyss of Legends, which has the most end game of rewards, but also know that it's not accessible to all of our Players at this time.

We have made great strides in upping the availability of 5-Star and 6-Star shards and Champions, but we won't take every event as an opportunity to hand them out. They're still rare resources, and you're going to have to work for them!

Unpopular opinion: I agree with Miike. I couldn't care less about AoE or Act 6. It is way beyond my league. But you don't see me going to the forums complaining about the lack of content for mid-game players. I simply accept Kabam needs to care about all players, regardless of progress. But the only real complaining happens by end-game players who feel they deserve a bigger piece of the cake.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    The solo objectives makes little to no sense. If I wanted the profile picture for example (which I don't, but just saying) I would need to defeat a deadpool in the arena 150 times, which means I would have to do at least 150 streak. I already achieved the 800k milestone by streak 24, so what's the incentive for me to continue another 125 streak for the next 3 weeks? Yes obviously, I don't have to do them but how is it possible that an event is designed like this?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Thank you for your feedback. I can see where some of this is coming from, and want to give you some insight into our decision making.

While we try our hardest to make sure that every player has content that they can find geared towards them, that is not going to be possible with every piece of content that is released.

Not every month's Side Event is going to have a 5-Star Awakening Gem or some high level/rarity items. Nor are the place to go for end game rewards. We're always adding more and more content for our end game players, and want to give more End Game rewards as well, but that won't be in Monthly Side Events. We recently released the Abyss of Legends, which has the most end game of rewards, but also know that it's not accessible to all of our Players at this time.

We have made great strides in upping the availability of 5-Star and 6-Star shards and Champions, but we won't take every event as an opportunity to hand them out. They're still rare resources, and you're going to have to work for them!

Unpopular opinion: I agree with Miike. I couldn't care less about AoE or Act 6. It is way beyond my league. But you don't see me going to the forums complaining about the lack of content for mid-game players. I simply accept Kabam needs to care about all players, regardless of progress. But the only real complaining happens by end-game players who feel they deserve a bigger piece of the cake.
    Uhhhhh every single piece on content in the game is there up to Act 6 and Abyss for mid game players.....

End game players are always looking for something new bc they literally have nothing else to do in the game....
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

That's because there is no lack of content for mid-game players...
This discussion has been closed.