**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opened 30+ Five star crystals so far and got 0 mutants

Not complaining or anything I know this is completely up to my luck but this has been bugging me a lot lately. If this continues, I'll consider quitting the game :( . I don't have any reliable 4* as I've been waiting for a 5* but this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. I do have a max iceman as 4*. Should I consider ranking up a 4 star again? Hopefully Kabam gods will soon bless me with a god tier champ. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED REGARDING 4 STAR RANK UP!

Comments

• tklmctklmc Posts: 54
    Similar problem, only tech is howard among 32 5* champs
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    This is how RNG works my friend...I have a mystic awakening gem sitting in my inventory for over a year along with a mystic 3-4 gem and 100 mystic sig stones with 5* sig stone crystals yet to open..I have been capped out on mystic t4cc for almost half a year now..my best mystic champs are my unduped r3 MS and hood and r4 guillotine who I took up cuz the game dropped me 2 mystic 2015 gems from v2 exploration but at the same time I have most of the top skill and mutant champs...have arguably two of the best cosmic champs in sparkles and corvus and more but I cannot pull a mystic champ to use my resources...u can just hope to get that one champ by praying to the RNGesus
  • BeekeeperBeekeeper Posts: 81
    SidDDragon So that's a no eh? No ranking up 4 star? You just blew past my question real quick
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Beekeeper said:

SidDDragon So that's a no eh? No ranking up 4 star? You just blew past my question real quick

If u have resources expiring then u can rank up 4*...they can help out in arena or niche uses in UC monthly..champs like AA,namor,omega to name a few are awesome 4* to rankup because they can hit above their weight...
    Sorry I just went overboard in my own mystic drought
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I have 27 6 stars, five of them awakened, and none are tech class.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Happened to me with Cosmic but now im cosmic heavy
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    How on earth did you get 30 five star crystals!? I can barely get one per month. Granted I am a low level but still . 30 seems crazy

you will get a cyclops very soon, maybe 2 of them

Damn you!

JessieS said:

How on earth did you get 30 five star crystals!? I can barely get one per month. Granted I am a low level but still . 30 seems crazy

It's been 84 years..

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    It's surely better to rankup a 4* than let the resources expire.
  • Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 94
    edited February 2020
    I'd prefer blade, quake, ghost, wasp, doom, aegon and so on over cyclops, magneto, gambit etc.
    You're not supposed to evaluate champs by their class, just by their utility and your enjoyment when you use them.
    You wouldn't be in a better position with Deadpool and the company hehe
  • YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    I had the same issue with tech. I think I made it to 37 without tech champs

I had the same issue with tech. I think I made it to 37 without tech champs

Well that sounds scary
    Sinedd92 said:

You're not supposed to evaluate champs by their class, just by their utility and your enjoyment when you use them.

You are right but the problem is T4CC is in overflow
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    Pffft as stated before I got more mutants than Xavier has in his school as 4* and 5*.
  • GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Blade trinity after 30ish 5*s? That's great, much preferable to a token mutant like Magneto. :)
  • Beekeeper said:

Sinedd92 said:

You are right but the problem is T4CC is in overflow
    Well, if you have T4CC expiring in overflow I'd use them, even on a 4* champ. Some 4* champs are still useful in some higher tier content (not Act 6, say, but in Uncollected events and in Epic quests). For example, the last time I ranked up a 4* immediately to 5/50 was Namor, who I used in the randomized labs last year. Even as a 4* he made quick work of some ridiculously awful node combinations, saving me the need to reroll them.

I think at least Archangel, Colossus, Iceman, Namor, Omega Red, and maybe Rogue all have some utility that makes them sometimes situationally useful in hard content when you don't have 5* equivalents or comparable options. I've seen people wreck some otherwise hard content with 4* awakened AA. As I said I used 4* Namor in the Epic difficulty random labs. And 4* Rogue was one of my MVPs in Act 5 way back when.

I'm not saying you're going to get huge mileage out of them as 4* champs. But I have seen all of them used in content that would be challenging even to people with otherwise strong 5* rosters. So in my opinion it would be better to rank them up than using the three to one trade mechanism for T4CC.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Until u pull some mutant champs u could hold off on opening crystals that contain t4cc until u need them. That way they aren't just waiting to expire. Then if u want to rank a champ and r short u can open just enough crystals to get what your short and save the rest.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    He was my first 5*. No mystic after him. I've opened 24-25 5* crystals.

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I have a great ratio when it comes to my 5 stars
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

4 out of 83 of my 5*s are mystic. GR Magik Hood and BW(CV)

Well at least you only pull the good ones haha
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    My problem is too many mutant. Lol
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    I have the no mystic problem, cant open t4cc or sig stones
    Fabwizi said:

You have 5* holy Trinity you lucky guy.

Well here's the thing, Over a year and half of seriously playing the game, and guess what- "no ghostrider"(not even 2 star). One month back comes 4*ghostrider. So happy and about to rank him up. Surprise surprise pulled a 5* ghostrider from 5* basic. So yeah, things weren't always easy man Lol