**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pointless legend run rant.

If you don’t spend $$ like a lot an have the best possible phone out. And have the best internet ever then you won’t make it. The game is filled with so much lag and so many bugs and unfair disadvantages. I refuse to go buy a brand new phone just to get one part of the game that doesn’t really do anything for my game play. MCOC should fix the game or change the requirements for legends title.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    U said it self if u don’t won’t it’s why do it then
  • KushmakerKushmaker Posts: 11
    Learn to write please.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    If it doesn’t do anything for your gameplay then why worry about it?
  • Why should they change the requirements because you can't compete? Not everything is meant to be for everyone or easy to get. That's just how life works.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    And after all it’s do’s neat u anything aside from a tilie and a tier4cc if it the monthly EQ that’s abudt it a alot of unit fore refills.
  • justin311justin311 Posts: 112
    I do think it would make more sense to have it based more on skill than just speed. Maybe like % of health lost, # of hits taken, etc. I would be more prone to try for it if it was more skill based.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    justin311 said:

I do think it would make more sense to have it based more on skill than just speed. Maybe like % of health lost, # of hits taken, etc. I would be more prone to try for it if it was more skill based.

I made this suggestion a year and a half ago. We haven't heard anything about a new legends kind of challenge/leaderboard, but the name I suggested was used for the summoner sigil :D:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/76018/how-to-acknowledge-amp-reward-skill-new-title-leaderboard-suggestion-summoner-supreme
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    justin311 said:

The easy part would be to code the game to measure such things: we're probably talking about only a few thousand man-hours.

The hard part would be picking a set of criteria that most players would agree was "skill based." Is "number of hits taken" a genuinely skill based thing? Is "percent of health lost" a skill based thing?" Are you sure those metrics don't in some way hand very special advantages to very specific roster compositions? Or are we trading one set of "unfair" criteria for another set of "unfair" criteria?

For example, are you sure your "skill based" criteria isn't really just "best Quake and baker?" Sure that takes some skill, but I don't think players will be happy if all the legends titles were awarded to only the top Quake players exclusively.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Kushmaker said:

Learn to write please.

His posts are better and more thought out than most ppl that post on the forum. If you really want to get into it I can point out a bunch of grammatical errors in your post too. Should I just ignore what u meant and tell u to just learn to write? The world is a whole lot bigger than just 1 country. Ppl from all over play this game from all different nationalities. If u don't like that I suggest buying a super Nintendo and playing by yourself since u can't handle talking to others that are different than you.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    The only way you can possibly get a Legends run is if you have an iPhone.

Android phones have so many manufacturers and different chipsets. So it's harder for the programmers to code android phones.

There is a clear and democratic way to solve this. Make it so that the 50 fastest iPhone times, and the 50 fastest android users get a Legends Title.

And to the fastest 51- 100 iPhone users, cry away at this post. But don't worry Kabam will wipe those tears away, and ignore this suggestion like they always have since they started Legend Runs 👍
    And in my opinion, favoring the iPhone boarders on discrimination. After all, android users spend real money on this game just as our iPhone counterparts do.
    Drake2078 said:

And in my opinion, favoring the iPhone boarders on discrimination. After all, android users spend real money on this game just as our iPhone counterparts do.

Hahaha...discrimination? Wow! Talk about first world problems. It's been confirmed android users have won the legends title. There are hundreds if not thousands of different types of android devices and each has to be coded differently. There is only 1 type of Apple code. Maybe kabam should just stop even trying to have the phone work for so many android users so they don't run the risk of discriminating anyone. Thanks for making me laugh today. I needed it after a long day at work, while I am typing on my Samsung galaxy phone.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

You think Kabam favors iphones? That's not the case at all. You just got done pointing out why Android users have a harder time in your post above. Kabam do any better programming MCOC on Android phones than they have. iOS is easier to make a more steady game because of the software used. This is a widely known topic. Until Android stops using so many different versions of their OS, there will never be a Android device that is faster than a iPhone. It's not discrimination, it's just a choice consumers make.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    it's not the phone actually. it's the people who have found ways to just do it repeatedly with bum accounts etc. you never really know who truly did it on the up and up vs. some other shenanigans. i can't remember the link (and can't verify) but someone said they did it in 2:15 and i'm like gtfo no way lol. BUT i can see some shady business going on to make that true. who knows.

i tried it once came in at 3:02 and didn't get it. that's when i knew i had just wasted a lot of resources lol. so i haven't tried again.

but it's not the phone that is the biggest problem with it. it's the players who corrupt the game as it always seems to be.
    Like I said, in my opinion. I suck at analogies but here I go.
    I live in Wisconsin, personally I hate winter and the cold weather. Here is the analogy.
    It would be going to a gas station paying at the pump, and Visa cards allow you to pump gas faster than Mastercard users.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

I live in Wisconsin, personally I hate winter and the cold weather. Here is the analogy.
    It would be going to a gas station paying at the pump, and Visa cards allow you to pump gas faster than Mastercard users.

Well... You're right about the analogies.
    Drake2078 said:

If at the gas station u are thirsty. U can choose a paper cup or styrofoam. The paper won't keep it cold or last as long but the styrofoam costs a little more. Sorry you chose the cheaper cup. Both give the same service, only one does it a little better.
  • BigdawgBigdawg Posts: 27
    Dude... When I first started playing this game nearly 5 years ago uncollected didn't exist and the arena was so basic. Kabaam has added tons and tons of content since then from variant, ROL, Labrynth, higher tiers of difficulty, new quests and champions every single month and they continue to make new content to keep us playing. There is sooooo much that goes into this game that if I have to suffer a bit of lag or the occasional single champion loss in arena do to time out issues.... I'll take it. Its a F2P game (I don't spend $$$$ on it) and not a mandatory monthly sub or something. It's just part how how far they've come and how incredibly massive the game has progressed to. It's gonna happen with every kind game on every kind of platform out there bro. Just gonna have to get over it lol!
  • KushmakerKushmaker Posts: 11

Kushmaker said:

Learn to write please.

English isn’t his first language. Are you really going to put him down over that? Because you’re frustrated over a video game?
    I will put him down for talking trash sure.
  • ΜιKEΜιKE Posts: 30
    Crying about not being able to get a legends run? I bet you have the latest iPhone and simply can’t do it 😂😂
    I am a android user, but even if had the latest iPhone I still wouldn't be able to do it. I was speaking up for the android users who are more skilled at this game, but still lose out to less talented iPhone users month after month.
    Honestly, I don't care if you tare into me for expressing my OPINION. As for the paper cup vs styrofoam, I'd go to a better gas station. Not an option for a game
    Drake2078 said:

Honestly, I don't care if you tare into me for expressing my OPINION. As for the paper cup vs styrofoam, I'd go to a better gas station. Not an option for a game

You can always go to another game that's designed exclusively for Android devices so u won't have to deal with being discriminated against. Lol