**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War ending issues [Merged Thread; Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• DeltaAdvancedDeltaAdvanced Posts: 92
    My alliance got affected
  • Eric1701Eric1701 Posts: 9
    Kabam... Your acknowledgement of and announcement about the war issue contained exactly zero useful information. What about THIS WAR Placement that was due to start now? THAT'S the pressing issue at this moment.

Hello?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Guess the question is... is everybody getting this error? So basically if nobody placed defenders or explored they got a tie and lost out on all pts from the war towards the season (not even getting the 50k for the win bonus. While those that were quick enough to place or attack...half of those won getting 50k+ while the other half lost with no or little season pts. That would be more than 50% at a disadvantage for the season. And the bigger question, has it been fixed so those that will be matched later during the matchmaking window still get a full AW to steamroll over the alliances that had the glitch?

The only saving grace from not being put back into enlistment during the rest of matchmaking is that any bugged ally cant win multiple AWs during this messed up matchmaking period.

There are reports that not all alliances were affected, which actually significantly complicates the problem. If everyone was affected, that would be relatively easy to fix. Scrap this day and extend the season a day. No one could possibly complain about the "wasted" effort in this war. But if some alliances are getting the abbreviated war and some are fighting real wars, there's no way to fix that problem perfectly: someone is going to get screwed no matter what you do. You're going to have to find the least screwy way to try to re-level the playing field.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Same issue. And now it says MM in progrss again but we cant enlist...
  • Canrdboy36Canrdboy36 Posts: 74
    DNA3000 said:

Guess the question is... is everybody getting this error? So basically if nobody placed defenders or explored they got a tie and lost out on all pts from the war towards the season (not even getting the 50k for the win bonus. While those that were quick enough to place or attack...half of those won getting 50k+ while the other half lost with no or little season pts. That would be more than 50% at a disadvantage for the season. And the bigger question, has it been fixed so those that will be matched later during the matchmaking window still get a full AW to steamroll over the alliances that had the glitch?

The only saving grace from not being put back into enlistment during the rest of matchmaking is that any bugged ally cant win multiple AWs during this messed up matchmaking period.

There are reports that not all alliances were affected, which actually significantly complicates the problem. If everyone was affected, that would be relatively easy to fix. Scrap this day and extend the season a day. No one could possibly complain about the "wasted" effort in this war. But if some alliances are getting the abbreviated war and some are fighting real wars, there's no way to fix that problem perfectly: someone is going to get screwed no matter what you do. You're going to have to find the least screwy way to try to re-level the playing field.
    Yeah, the only solution will be to end season early again. We got a win tonight but now won't have enlistment for 3 more hrs and then wait for placement which actually hurts us because of time zones, esp when it comes to attack
  • NarlsonNarlson Posts: 23

Eric1701 said:

Kabam... Your acknowledgement of and announcement about the war issue contained exactly zero useful information. What about THIS WAR Placement that was due to start now? THAT'S the pressing issue at this moment.

Hello?

If you were affected by this bug that was your placement. You're not getting another one. If you were not affected, then your war is happening now (or will happen) as it would normally. The problem Kabam is going to have to address is how to address the shortened wars, because those were not some glitch that is affecting your ability to fight the current war, that *was* your war.
  • NarlsonNarlson Posts: 23
    Same here. Our War ended in a "Tie". All in the span of a few minutes
  • TBP21TBP21 Posts: 21
    Same for us.
  • devil_jeffdevil_jeff Posts: 36

Us as well.. we won the last war but because of the glitch in the system.. now it appear that we lost terribly and we can't join the next war. Guess it's gonna be a short season again.

Us as well.. we won the last war but because of the glitch in the system.. now it appear that we lost terribly and we can't join the next war. Guess it's gonna be a short season again.

Just as an FYI, it sounds like you think the bug is the game turned your last win into a loss and is blocking you from joining the war today. That's not what seems to be happening. The war you won yesterday, you should still have won. The game is starting enlistments for some alliances today with only five minutes of placement time and then immediately throwing them into an attack phase for five minutes then ending the war. The loss you're seeing above is for the war that should have started the attack phase tomorrow. Instead, it happened now and you lost because you didn't attack during that ten minutes but the other alliance jumped in and probably walked through a placement node, giving them the win for the war that enlisted today.

You can't join the next war because you already did join the currently enlisting war, and your opponent defeated you ten minutes later when the war ended (prematurely, based on the bugged timers). It just happened too fast for you to probably have seen it happen.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Keep in mind guys that you haven't missed the "next enlistment." The matchmaking phase for this war takes 4 hours, the bug just circled those effected back into that matchmaking phase (which still has 2.5 hours left) but since we "completed" a war we are no longer enlisted for this one. It isn't affecting the next one because we are still several hours way from the enlistment period for it. Either way hopefully none of this will matter because they should shut the season down. Last time they shut it down the game was down for 12 hours. This is essentially a 48 hour war shutdown.

While that is technically true, the effected alliances will miss out on a substantial amount of points which in turn effects overall leaderboard
    Never said anything to the contrary, just stating that no one missed the next enlistment because that is what some are saying. My alliance got screwed on this too, but that doesn't mean things that didn't happen happened.
  • AromaticCoffeeAromaticCoffee Posts: 34
    You should cancel all wars immediately and skip this war to prevent this issue from further impacting the rest of the season.

This war doesn’t count for anyone’s season standing, Fix the bug, and refund all items used this war. I’m pretty sure that’s as close to an ideal fix as you can get. Prove me wrong.

It is probably unlikely very many if anyone spent any items on this war. If they were not affected by the bug, they should still be in the placement phase. If they were affected by the bug, most alliances would have faced empty defense placements. They couldn't have gotten more than three energy into the paths, and that's only if multiple alliance members were ready to attack within a very short window.

But if they are going to do this, the time to do it is now, or at least today before any attack phases start. Once attack phase starts for any "real" war, this solution might still be the best one but it gets progressively more sticky.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    This is just another reason they should scrap the idea of seasons in general. One little glitch and now the whole season has been thrown into disarray.

I like War, but they should re-work the format so things like this don't either force an early end or mess up a ton of teams. This is the second time this happened in what? 3 seasons?
  • AromaticCoffeeAromaticCoffee Posts: 34
    edited March 2020

This war doesn’t count for anyone’s season standing, Fix the bug, and refund all items used this war. I’m pretty sure that’s as close to an ideal fix as you can get. Prove me wrong.

That doesnt help the allies who lost out on all the rewards they could have potentially got from the wars they didnt get to participate in. Since they weren’t able to hit minimum exploration requirements they couldn’t even qualify for war victory or participation rewards

Keep in mind guys that you haven't missed the "next enlistment." The matchmaking phase for this war takes 4 hours, the bug just circled those effected back into that matchmaking phase (which still has 2.5 hours left) but since we "completed" a war we are no longer enlisted for this one. It isn't affecting the next one because we are still several hours way from the enlistment period for it. Either way hopefully none of this will matter because they should shut the season down. Last time they shut it down the game was down for 12 hours. This is essentially a 48 hour war shutdown.

While that is technically true, the effected alliances will miss out on a substantial amount of points which in turn effects overall leaderboard
    Never said anything to the contrary, just stating that no one missed the next enlistment because that is what some are saying. My alliance got screwed on this too, but that doesn't mean things that didn't happen happened.
    What do you mean no one missed the next enlistment? We were enlisted, we got the “fake win” and now the MM is going on and it says we are not enlisted

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

It is probably unlikely very many if anyone spent any items on this war. If they were not affected by the bug, they should still be in the placement phase. If they were affected by the bug, most alliances would have faced empty defense placements. They couldn't have gotten more than three energy into the paths, and that's only if multiple alliance members were ready to attack within a very short window.

But if they are going to do this, the time to do it is now, or at least today before any attack phases start. Once attack phase starts for any "real" war, this solution might still be the best one but it gets progressively more sticky.
    Simple solution: end season today and Master rewards for everyone. Case closed.

Dr. Zola
  • Canrdboy36Canrdboy36 Posts: 74
    Remeli said:

What do you mean no one missed the next enlistment? We were enlisted, we got the “fake win” and now the MM is going on and it says we are not enlisted
    The problem is the points are all jacked now. Yeah we lost a round of true war, we should have the 18 hrs for enlistment and 24 for war attack. This "glitch" just messed our next war start time up bad. I have a feeling we might have the unenlisted problem like we had last time. Imma screen shot when I enlist us in two hrs
  • NetjgrnautNetjgrnaut Posts: 68
    Remeli said:

Semantics. Those of us who got screwed on this are missing the *current* matchmaking. Though for us, a matchmaking happened, followed by a war. So it feels like the next is going on now.

Fri night matchmaking is what it is. Those of us who experienced the bug are done until Sun night matchmaking.
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola
    Honestly, you could end alliance wars today and give Master rewards to everyone, and I'd probably mention that this was a bad idea, but my heart wouldn't really be in it.
  • C0nguit0s58C0nguit0s58 Posts: 3

Placement lasted a a couple of minutes and War has started.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola
    Honestly, you could end alliance wars today and give Master rewards to everyone, and I'd probably mention that this was a bad idea, but my heart wouldn't really be in it.
    Well, I’d settle for all the rewards that were mathematically possible for my alliance to win from the most recent legitimate war through season’s end, assuming 3BG 100% clears all the way. Whatever that is. It’s a screwed up season no matter what they do, so may as well screw it up in favor of the players.

Dr. Zola
  • nienienienienienie Posts: 67
    edited March 2020

Same issue - my alliance lost a war that it never got a chance to join...
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Only Reasonable thing to do is cancel season and reward based on the end of last war. Will be a kick the groin for some but season is too compromised to keep it going.
  • dizzykiller_91dizzykiller_91 Posts: 21

So in a 13 min period placement happened, war began and finished?

Atleast you won we got a tie. https://youtu.be/Ckl9jDxVWZI
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola
    Well, I’d settle for all the rewards that were mathematically possible for my alliance to win from the most recent legitimate war through season’s end, assuming 3BG 100% clears all the way. Whatever that is. It’s a screwed up season no matter what they do, so may as well screw it up in favor of the players.

Dr. Zola
    Some players would see it as just getting more rewards, but as it is a competition some players would see everyone getting the maximum rewards as just the contrapositive of everyone getting no rewards. That's what makes glitches in competitions especially difficult to unring.
  • Dannyt90Dannyt90 Posts: 38
    From all the reports I’ve seen, this is only happening for alliances in tiers 6+. I haven’t seen any reports from alliances in tiers 1-5. The difference there is whether or not there is a global modifier for the war. For our war in tier four, the following was displayed when the global modifier was selected. If I had to guess, this threw something off for alliance wars that don’t set modifiers. So I find it unlikely they will end the entire war season when the top alliances appear to be unaffected. But what they might do is just end it for alliances tier 6+ and let the top alliances battle it out for the rest of the season.

This discussion has been closed.