War counted towards season??

13468914

Comments

  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,740 ★★★★★

    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:


    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:


    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Lol just cancel the season already. Any fix implemented now will not work because it is too far gone now. Interested to see how this will all turn out. What a gong show

    Exactly!

    I don't get how they can be so hesitant with this when we legitimately just had a similar problem a few months back, which ended in the season being cancelled
    No fix and no point adjustment can account for all the problems occuring from this. At least I don't understand how that would work.
    Yup I just don't see how they can possibly get this right with any type of fix now. There is no fix at the end of the season that will work cleanly. For this to have worked they needed to just roll back the last war before the placement phase started. But now In order to fix it 100% I think they have to look at almost every alliance and check to see if they were affected and adjust manually which I just don't think is feasible at all. Good luck Kabam
    It's definitely feasible. If they do it on a scale of Millions to see who is affected by issues like Mastery changes, bugs, etc., then 10-20k Alliances isn't out of the realm of possibility. As for how they address the issue, that's a separate story.
    Strongly disagree. If you think it is feasible to make an adjustment at the end of the season please make a suggestion of how this is possible. Otherwise your comment is useless, but I already expect that from you. What else can I expect someone that has retired from the game but can't retire from the forums LMAO
    Are they going to go back and adjust every War Rating that happened based on the results of the icksnayed one? Not likely. I suspect they'll come up with a solution and count what you played before and after. It's one War. It's not the ruin of the Season.
    You suspect they will, I suspect they won't. You are not accounting for tier changes. Some alliance will be in the wrong tier for 2-3 wars because of this. It is not something that they can fix with a simple adjustment because there are too many factors at play here. It is NOT one war only that is affected.
    One War was discounted. It's not a reason to end the Season.
    More than one war was affected. It's a reason to end the season.
    No. The one that was affected was the one they discounted. The first 4 Wars count. If you're raising or dropping as a result of the discredited War, that's something they're looking at right now. All you can do is play as usual and leave it to them. Foregoing the entire Season because of one War not counting is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Wrong again. They did not freeze the war rating like they should have done and now it has a cascading effect for every war for the remainder of the season. This means that all the matchups that every alliance for the rest of the season are not the same matchups as they would be without the bug. Foregoing the season or rolling back to before the last war at this point is the only fair solution.
    They're going to deal with it. I don't know how many ways I can say that. The Season is not being stopped, so people can either play and trust that, or not. That's all I can say.
    Awesome! Thanks again for regurgitating what the mods have said because I missed it the first several times. If you don't actually have a solution even in theory of how you would fix this then you have nothing to add to this conversation except to pretend to be a mod like you love to do.
    Pretending to be a Mod? No. Not at all. They didn't mention anything about freezing the Rating. They said it would be accounted for. They also mentioned that it would be ironed out by the time Season Rewards go out somewhere on the Forum here, so that's the information I'm operating out of. There's a difference between pretending to be a Mod, and not ignoring what was said because I think I have a better idea.


    "we will fix it manually."
    And they didn't, which is the point of this thread.

    Glad we finally figured that out.
    You don't think that would take time?
    They didn’t do it in time of this war. It is too late now to fix things. All the current wars are incorrectly matched up because the war rating did not get fixed. How can they fix this?
    That would be the definition of panic.
    There is no panic. It's simply a fact that one war can affect all the subsequent wars in a season. The season is compromised and there is no way to fix it.
    It's illogical to forego the entire Season for an issue that affected one War. Had it not been resolved, sure. Things are functioning back to normal (presumably). It's one War. The effects can be dealt with.
    Can you please just stop that? We already tried in multiple ways to explain why that statement is simply factually wrong.

    The match ups for the war that is running at this moment, as in now, as in look at the clock that's where we're at, are compromised from war 5 affecting the war rating.

    If they couldn't have readjusted the ratings before the start of war 6, they should have cancelled war 6. That would have given them extra time to fix this without compromising the rest of the season.

    Please either try to understand it or stop commenting the same nonsense over and over again.

    The season is inevitably compromised now. That's legitimately where we're at right now.
    The results (or lack thereof) of one War can be taken into account. Meaning, even if they didn't adjust it in time, it can be resolved, right up until the Rewards are handed out. Saying there are compounded issues based on the Wins and Losses is just compounding the issue itself. There was an issue. It's not going to be ideal. 4 Wars is NOT enough to count for a Season, and people were affected differently by the bug. Honestly, it's like I said. Play and let them deal with it. You can't account for should haves, could haves, would haves. Just play like normal and let them figure it out.
    How can it be resolved? People got matched for this war according to their rating resulting from war 5.

    Knowing that war 5 will not affect ratings most alliances tanked that war. This will affect their match ups, the match ups of the alliances in which tiers they dropped, etc.

    My alliance was in tier 5 during war 5. The war we currently run we run is in tier 6.

    What exactly is it you don't understand here?
    I understand. You're just not confident in what they can adjust. Points, Tiers, Rating, Ranks, Rewards, all of that can be adjusted after the fact. You're assuming they can't do anything and are telling them to end the Season. Unless they come on at the last minute and say it's ending, that's not happening, so you might as well play the best you can where you're at, and wait for the resolution.
    They can't do that because there is no way to account for all the variables lol. 100% they won't even try. They will adjust the points for the one war and the fallout will be fallout.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,651 ★★★★★

    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:


    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:


    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Lol just cancel the season already. Any fix implemented now will not work because it is too far gone now. Interested to see how this will all turn out. What a gong show

    Exactly!

    I don't get how they can be so hesitant with this when we legitimately just had a similar problem a few months back, which ended in the season being cancelled
    No fix and no point adjustment can account for all the problems occuring from this. At least I don't understand how that would work.
    Yup I just don't see how they can possibly get this right with any type of fix now. There is no fix at the end of the season that will work cleanly. For this to have worked they needed to just roll back the last war before the placement phase started. But now In order to fix it 100% I think they have to look at almost every alliance and check to see if they were affected and adjust manually which I just don't think is feasible at all. Good luck Kabam
    It's definitely feasible. If they do it on a scale of Millions to see who is affected by issues like Mastery changes, bugs, etc., then 10-20k Alliances isn't out of the realm of possibility. As for how they address the issue, that's a separate story.
    Strongly disagree. If you think it is feasible to make an adjustment at the end of the season please make a suggestion of how this is possible. Otherwise your comment is useless, but I already expect that from you. What else can I expect someone that has retired from the game but can't retire from the forums LMAO
    Are they going to go back and adjust every War Rating that happened based on the results of the icksnayed one? Not likely. I suspect they'll come up with a solution and count what you played before and after. It's one War. It's not the ruin of the Season.
    You suspect they will, I suspect they won't. You are not accounting for tier changes. Some alliance will be in the wrong tier for 2-3 wars because of this. It is not something that they can fix with a simple adjustment because there are too many factors at play here. It is NOT one war only that is affected.
    One War was discounted. It's not a reason to end the Season.
    More than one war was affected. It's a reason to end the season.
    No. The one that was affected was the one they discounted. The first 4 Wars count. If you're raising or dropping as a result of the discredited War, that's something they're looking at right now. All you can do is play as usual and leave it to them. Foregoing the entire Season because of one War not counting is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Wrong again. They did not freeze the war rating like they should have done and now it has a cascading effect for every war for the remainder of the season. This means that all the matchups that every alliance for the rest of the season are not the same matchups as they would be without the bug. Foregoing the season or rolling back to before the last war at this point is the only fair solution.
    They're going to deal with it. I don't know how many ways I can say that. The Season is not being stopped, so people can either play and trust that, or not. That's all I can say.
    Awesome! Thanks again for regurgitating what the mods have said because I missed it the first several times. If you don't actually have a solution even in theory of how you would fix this then you have nothing to add to this conversation except to pretend to be a mod like you love to do.
    Pretending to be a Mod? No. Not at all. They didn't mention anything about freezing the Rating. They said it would be accounted for. They also mentioned that it would be ironed out by the time Season Rewards go out somewhere on the Forum here, so that's the information I'm operating out of. There's a difference between pretending to be a Mod, and not ignoring what was said because I think I have a better idea.


    "we will fix it manually."
    And they didn't, which is the point of this thread.

    Glad we finally figured that out.
    You don't think that would take time?
    They didn’t do it in time of this war. It is too late now to fix things. All the current wars are incorrectly matched up because the war rating did not get fixed. How can they fix this?
    That would be the definition of panic.
    There is no panic. It's simply a fact that one war can affect all the subsequent wars in a season. The season is compromised and there is no way to fix it.
    It's illogical to forego the entire Season for an issue that affected one War. Had it not been resolved, sure. Things are functioning back to normal (presumably). It's one War. The effects can be dealt with.
    People made decisions on how to handle that war based on what they were told, and it didn't affect just one war. It is currently affecting this war, and will affect every war for the rest of the season. If you want to argue that the effect is minimal, I would disagree but at least you'd have a case. Saying it only affected one war is objectively wrong.
    One War was affected by the bug. I'm not talking about Wars that continue after and function as normal. I'm talking about the bug. One War had to be discredited. What plays out after is what people earn after. I'm not buying the whole snowball argument because War is based on performance. Not what could have happened or should have happened with one War, which has already been stated that will not count. We're talking one War. Even if the worst case scenario plays out and nothing is adjusted until the Season Rewards are being tallied, it's one War. Not the ruin of the entire Season. You have the rest of the Wars to attribute what people win or lose, and accumulate for Points. Even if nothing was adjusted, which it will be sooner or later, that is still true. I wouldn't support cancelling the entire Season because one War was glitched.
    Why is it whenever I say I'm done going over something, you always try to pull me in again? Lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,651 ★★★★★
    Have people become so competitive that they think the Season should be scrapped if it isn't perfect, or can they not see the only thing that matters in the end is the Points versus the Points of others? If there was a glitch in the Arena that stopped everyone from Grinding for an hour, and affected everyone the same way, would you call the Arena ruined, or would you realize that because no one made progress, no one lost either? The 5th War is not going to count for anyone in the Final Ranking. No one gains anything. Is that clear enough?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,651 ★★★★★
    If it was one or two Wars in, I'd say that was reasonable. If it was a persistent problem where more than one War wasn't running, I'd say it's probably best to scrap it. One missed War isn't a reason to end it.
  • djpelochodjpelocho Posts: 2
    Hopefully it’s reasonable Results.
    because we look terrible now after 3 wars defeat, we are from Platz 3, down to Gold 3.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 3,234 ★★★★★
    edited March 10
    djpelocho said:

    Hopefully it’s reasonable Results.
    because we look terrible now after 3 wars defeat, we are from Platz 3, down to Gold 3.

    Similar here. We are post-retirement, so we aren’t super serious AW players, but we got sacked around 2-3 levels on the leaderboard. Is this happening to everyone else who wound up on the short end of a “short” war?

    Dr. Zola
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 4,888 ★★★★★
    A possible solution without having to end the season, but also without having to continue it completely compromised:

    Step1 (regarding the flawed matchmaking of war 6):
    - either declare the current war 6 void as well and hand out item reimbursement packages according to alliance's tiers during war 5
    - or retroactively grant every alliance a win for war 6 with points according to their tier multiplier during war 5 (item reimbursement might also be a necessity here)

    Goal -> even the playing field for the remainder of the season regarding season points and rankings

    Step 2 (regarding the war rating):
    - readjust the ratings of all alliances to the state they were at during war 5 BEFORE war 7 starts

    Goal -> even the playing field for the remainder of the season regarding future match ups etc.

    And the most important thing: announce it properly and in a conceivable manner and act upon it accordingly.

    I think that might be an okay solution, considering the mess we're currently in. Thoughts?
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 345 ★★★
    I would be fine with that. Makes sense and seems fair.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 4,888 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

    I would be fine with that. Makes sense and seems fair.

    The item reimbursement would only need to consider a single war, so it shouldn't even be that big of a deal to go through with it in my opinion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,651 ★★★★★

    Just hit disagree and be done with it. He doesn't appear to get how changing tiers due to a void war impacts all following wars and therefore the whole season, so there really isn't any point in arguing. He'll only get the thread taken down.

    I'm not trying to get the Thread taken down at all. I'm also not a turnip. I know what happens when you go up or down. People don't seem to take into account the fact that they said they're looking at it. Just play the game and let them do their job. Good Lord.
    When did a retired player decide he was the gatekeeper for comments on here? If people want to express their opinions about this they can, and should be able to. "Just play the game and let them do their job" is so incredibly silly to say on a discussion board I can't even believe you went there.
    I'm not retired anymore, and that's really all we can do. We can argue incessantly here, but the solution is on their end, and they've already decided what's being done. It is highly unlikely that they're going to end the Season at this stage, so all we can do is play the game and wait for them to resolve it.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 4,888 ★★★★★

    A possible solution without having to end the season, but also without having to continue it completely compromised:

    Step1 (regarding the flawed matchmaking of war 6):
    - either declare the current war 6 void as well and hand out item reimbursement packages according to alliance's tiers during war 5
    - or retroactively grant every alliance a win for war 6 with points according to their tier multiplier during war 5 (item reimbursement might also be a necessity here)

    Goal -> even the playing field for the remainder of the season regarding season points and rankings

    Step 2 (regarding the war rating):
    - readjust the ratings of all alliances to the state they were at during war 5 BEFORE war 7 starts

    Goal -> even the playing field for the remainder of the season regarding future match ups etc.

    And the most important thing: announce it properly and in a conceivable manner and act upon it accordingly.

    I think that might be an okay solution, considering the mess we're currently in. Thoughts?

    Can we get any official insight on whether something along those lines would be an option? If that is not considered yet, could someone pass it along to the team, please?

    There really only is that much time before aw 7 matchmaking starts. Finding a solution to all of this only becomes more and more urgent as the season moves on.
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 90
    So my question, any updates for this giant bowl of goldfish excrement

    Our latest war match up has just tanked this war (great for us) as we were plat1 and they were plat3 last season and i think they knew they had little chance of beating us. But then this is all due to the discluded/incluced (I dont know what really) war.
    So an update would be appreciated. I'm sure the banner read that there would be a fix for this by the start of the week...its now almost midweek.
    plus can a Mod clean this thread up abit, there seems to be one on a troll mission here and scrolling through pages of the same looking for an update is slightly infuriating.
  • VerzzVerzz Posts: 482 ★★★
    Nice to know we are being left in the dark and nobody really knows what is going on and where they stand. This season is a total joke now.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 235
    Platinum 1 rewards for all alliances this season, and we will forget the incident :-)
  • sberg23sberg23 Posts: 3
    edited March 10
    Not sure why this is so difficult for them. There is a precedent. Cancel the season, and award based on ranking status after War #4. No, it's not ideal based on the limited # of wars played, but this was the prior solution and it applies here. My alliance got jammed with Gold 1 in the prior instance, but that's greatly our own fault for falling down a tier just before the "cutoff". This can't be fixed in-season, as there is clearly a domino-effect in place with new matchups as the result of prior "wars".

    Or just let it play out and award P1 rewards to everyone like the prior poster mentioned B)

    What I'd like to know is who at Kabam did what to cause this. How could this have happened a second time??
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,651 ★★★★★
    I don't see the Season being stopped at this point.
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 128
    edited March 10
    “The fix is right in front of you, stop war until you can actually fix it.....“

    This is very well said. Whether you decide to cancel the season or extend it, you really need to stop the wars as everyone is in limbo. It’s totally unclear how you are going to undo what has already happened. Just allowing it to continue without a fix is irresponsible. People are spending units, items, and real money on wars that may not count. No one knows where they stand in tier or rankings now because they don’t know how the missed war impacts everyone. Are we just going to find out at the very end?

    The solution is simple. Stop wars until you make the corrections and if you find you can’t properly correct it, end the season after 4 wars. Don’t just let it continue.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,651 ★★★★★
    How do they not count? You win or lose based on what you're running. You can't Unlose or Unwin a War. There's only one that isn't counting.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 22,651 ★★★★★
    edited March 10
    A simpler breakdown. What are people concerned about? Shifts as a result of the War. Why does that matter? They may have gone up or down a Tier. Why does that matter? It affects the Points you earn. What do the Points do? Earn Rewards in the Final Ranking.
    What can be corrected? Points. Even after the Season runs.
  • Brizzley_34Brizzley_34 Posts: 13
    Either way standings remain the same and nothing has been done about it. Period
  • WrathandhavocWrathandhavoc Posts: 14
    We’re at the point where there are two reasonable outcomes right?

    1.) season reset + rating reset
    -or-
    2.) Viable rating reset for the past two wars since we were told they wouldn’t count.

    Personally I’d say option 1.
  • Brizzley_34Brizzley_34 Posts: 13
    It’s not really gonna matter what we think in the long run. As the wars continue I believe it will be harder to adjust those points
  • WrathandhavocWrathandhavoc Posts: 14
    Hence my comment on starting from where we were at the beginning of the season. No point calculations required. Just a historical record of alliance rating prior to season start. Points can get really squirrely once you’re talking hundreds of millions and alliance ranking can be offset by a difference of say, 10 points.
This discussion has been closed.