**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I was not expecting this

2Β»

Comments

• Options
    TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 β˜…β˜…
    jacboon said:

I log in every day and I got the crystal. I think it must've been random.

To me that seems even stranger. Like, obviously that's gonna piss off the people that don't get anything. Not saying I'm pissed, it's a mobile game and it's a reward that isn't account-changing so it doesn't bother me too much, but obviously a lot of people seem to be a bit upset about not getting anything. It is what it is I guess.
  • Options
    Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85 β˜…
    I’m pissed I got it because it’s a slap in the face. Who really is pissed about not getting a 3*?
  • Options
    TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 β˜…β˜…
    Tjk602 said:

I’m pissed I got it because it’s a slap in the face. Who really is pissed about not getting a 3*?

I see people say this too, which doesn't make any sense to me. How is it a slap in the face to get a random reward that isn't compensation or for doing anything? Just a completely free reward. I get that it doesn't probably do much of anything to your account, but a slap in the face would be if they sent it as compensation or an apology for something.
  • Options
    SociopathSociopath Posts: 101 β˜…
    I need some iso, wheres mine?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

A couple of years ago, my wife went to a local restaurant and ordered a BLT.

Her sandwich came and it only had bacon and lettuce on it (no tomato), so she mentioned it to her server.

The server said, "Oh ... we're out of tomatoes."

My wife said, "I see. It would've been nice to have known that when I ordered the sandwich because a BLT without the tomato is pretty pointless."

The server asked if she wanted something else instead, but since it had already taken too long to get their food in the first place, she decided to eat her bacon and lettuce sandwich anyway. She was hungry and on her lunch break with limited time.

After they were finished eating and getting up to leave the table, the server set a plate next to her with 5 whole cherry tomatoes on the table, turned around and walked away without saying anything.

My wife usually isn't one to complain, especially since the restaurant was a favorite, but this situation seemed particularly off-putting. After some thought, she decided to call and talk to someone about what happened. The owner was apologetic and sympathized with the situation and said he'd be sending her a special gift in the mail to show his appreciation for the business.

A week later, she received a gift card for $9.68, the exact cost of the sandwich, before drinks, tax or tip.

The gift card remains held to our refrigerator with a magnet and we haven't been back since.

Not to be rude, but how does this pertain to the discussion?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

A couple of years ago, my wife went to a local restaurant and ordered a BLT.

Her sandwich came and it only had bacon and lettuce on it (no tomato), so she mentioned it to her server.

The server said, "Oh ... we're out of tomatoes."

My wife said, "I see. It would've been nice to have known that when I ordered the sandwich because a BLT without the tomato is pretty pointless."

The server asked if she wanted something else instead, but since it had already taken too long to get their food in the first place, she decided to eat her bacon and lettuce sandwich anyway. She was hungry and on her lunch break with limited time.

After they were finished eating and getting up to leave the table, the server set a plate next to her with 5 whole cherry tomatoes on the table, turned around and walked away without saying anything.

My wife usually isn't one to complain, especially since the restaurant was a favorite, but this situation seemed particularly off-putting. After some thought, she decided to call and talk to someone about what happened. The owner was apologetic and sympathized with the situation and said he'd be sending her a special gift in the mail to show his appreciation for the business.

A week later, she received a gift card for $9.68, the exact cost of the sandwich, before drinks, tax or tip.

The gift card remains held to our refrigerator with a magnet and we haven't been back since.

So you and your wife built of this expectation of what this special gift would be and when you got the gift, it failed to meet what you built it up to be. You basically got a refund for what you got and an apology from the owner. Which if you would have asked for a manager at the restaurant, you probably would have had the meal comped.

Now because you expected something grand, which the owner gave no such inclination of, you won't go back because of tomatoes. People like you are what's wrong with the world. I hope you never make mistakes in life.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I didnt get this. Am android and f2p in case it has something to do with the distribution list of this message
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I never though that Kabam would be apologizing for giving free gifts LOL
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

You're not from around these here parts, are you stranger?
  • Options
    Primetime_769Primetime_769 Posts: 118 β˜…
    Never got one so those of you that got it at least you got it. You could be in my situation and not get it at all. Thanks Kabam.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

You're not from around these here parts, are you stranger?
    Well, no, not really
  • Options
    AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Kabam Vydious Didn't recive this special gift.Any way to obtain it? I would be very grateful.
  • Options
    Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 β˜…β˜…
    Honestly, I really don't get why people are upset about getting free stuff. It's not a 5 star, yes, but would you have complained if you didn't get anything at all? I'm totally sure you wouldn't.

But, I'd still like to know what the criteria is to get this gift? Didn't get one on my main acc and really wonder why?
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If Kabam gives something for free, I don't have high expectations. So I wasn't disappointed when I got a 3*. I just shrugged and continued playing as I planned to.
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Why I didn’t get one of these?