**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Terribly handled AW issue.

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

You would have received rewards 2 weeks earlier, used half the items you would have then usual for them and then had the option to go again with the next season pushed forward. Unhappy but not really inconvenienced all that much.
    Everyone pushed hard in the opening weeks, what’s happening now is many not knowing where the actually stand.
    Alliances are also having the onus put onto them to hold onto members a week longer so they can collect.

If I get Gold 1 rewards instead of Pat 4 rewards by doing it your way, i have to settle to make you happy. But you can't finish the season and try hard for me and my alliance. All I'm seeing is you want to be happy and screw the rest of us.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2020

You would have received rewards 2 weeks earlier, used half the items you would have then usual for them and then had the option to go again with the next season pushed forward. Unhappy but not really inconvenienced all that much.
    Everyone pushed hard in the opening weeks, what’s happening now is many not knowing where the actually stand.
    Alliances are also having the onus put onto them to hold onto members a week longer so they can collect.

If I get Gold 1 rewards instead of Pat 4 rewards by doing it your way, i have to settle to make you happy. But you can't finish the season and try hard for me and my alliance. All I'm seeing is you want to be happy and screw the rest of us.
    If that’s all you’re seeing then there’s no point continuing the conversation. Nowhere have I indicated you’d have to settle, getting a reward 2 weeks earlier, then starting a new season actually let’s you earn more rewards in a quicker space of time, for less items.
    But don’t let that get in the way of disagreeing with me because you want too 👌
    As it is you might be waiting an extra 3 weeks for those same G1 rewards.

If that’s all you’re seeing then there’s no point continuing the conversation. Nowhere have I indicated you’d have to settle, getting a reward 2 weeks earlier, then starting a new season actually let’s you earn more rewards in a quicker space of time, for less items.
    You are saying exactly that. Ending the season now means I have to settle for Gold 1 rewards which is the entire point of this thread. Your words, not mine. The new season won't start early as they are on a schedule so the new season is 3 weeks out so again, we won't get next season rewards any earlier. They will still have to adjust the points from the glitched war and it won't take any less time so we are still looking at a week from then.

Ending the season now means that there will also be many that joined in hoping to get 5 wars in and won't get anything because you don't want to use items. Your plan has more holes in it than a pair of $300 Abercrombie and Fitch jeans.

You and your alliance aren't the only effected alliance and you are only saying your idea is best because it benefits you the most regardless of how it effects others. This is why WE as a community aren't in charge of decisions, we won't make decisions that are best for entire player base. You can't remove the personal and look at the practical.

You are saying exactly that. Ending the season now means I have to settle for Gold 1 rewards which is the entire point of this thread. Your words, not mine. The new season won't start early as they are on a schedule so the new season is 3 weeks out so again, we won't get next season rewards any earlier. They will still have to adjust the points from the glitched war and it won't take any less time so we are still looking at a week from then.

Ending the season now means that there will also be many that joined in hoping to get 5 wars in and won't get anything because you don't want to use items. Your plan has more holes in it than a pair of $300 Abercrombie and Fitch jeans.

You and your alliance aren't the only effected alliance and you are only saying your idea is best because it benefits you the most regardless of how it effects others. This is why WE as a community aren't in charge of decisions, we won't make decisions that are best for entire player base. You can't remove the personal and look at the practical.
    My suggestion all along was to end the season after the initial issue. Nowhere have I suggested to end it now, nor would I.
    Nice rant though 🙄 glad to see you’ve read my comments

My suggestion was to end the season after the initial issue. Nowhere have I suggested to end it now, nor would I.
    Now or 3 wars ago, same effects. Point is, you want a solution that helps YOU and you aren't willing to bend on that solution.
    edited March 2020

My suggestion was to end the season after the initial issue. Nowhere have I suggested to end it now, nor would I.
    Now or 3 wars ago, same effects. Point is, you want a solution that helps YOU and you aren't willing to bend on that solution.
    It’s not the same effect’s at all, not doing this all over again. It doesn’t help ME what so ever. I’m Gold 1 regardless. You’re assuming I’m on here complaint to get more like you usually do.
    Not even bothering to read my comment.

My issue is they handled it badly by not stopping it, paying out then bringing forward the next one. That season would almost be about to start.
    Instead they’ve chosen to drag it out and we still have alliances in the dark on placing a and a fix.
    Have a re-read, don’t even care if you still disagree but don’t put words in mouth.
    My issue isn’t more rewards or compensation or tiers or whatever you’re trying to steer this towards.
    My issue is the way it’s been handled and the continued impact on players when it didn’t have to be the case.
    You do you though.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I've seen nothing in the way this has been handled by Kabam or any arguments for/against to convince me the best course of action wasn't to end the season after 4 wars.
    It was the fairest option. Even the Kabam defending white knights know this to be true deep down.

It’s not the same effect’s at all, not doing this all over again. It doesn’t help ME what so ever. I’m Gold 1 regardless. You’re assuming I’m on here complaint to get more like you usually do.

My issue is they handled it badly by not stopping it, paying out then bringing forward the next one. That season would almost be about to start.
    Instead they’ve chosen to drag it out and we still have alliances in the dark on placing a and a fix.
    First off, you can look at my comment history and you won't find me complaining to get more. That's just a flat out lie. In fact, i'm always accused of the opposite.

Second, my Alliance is in gold 1 and we're trying to get to Plat 4 and we aren't using items hardly at all but we don't want to settle for Gold 1 either.

Third, they handled as best as they possible could. They are making so it would be as if the war never took place and for most, it didn't. They also gave us rewards as if all of us won that war even if we actually matched and lost. They have communicated right away about how they are handling it and have kept us updated. There's even a spread sheet showing where every alliance is placed so if you matched and had a war, you can do the math to see where you could end up ranking.

There isn't an easy answer here even if you think there is. Your solution hurts more people than you realize or want to admit. Getting rewards 2 weeks early or whatever isn't really a great band aid knowing the potential for better rewards is there.

First off, you can look at my comment history and you won't find me complaining to get more. That's just a flat out lie. In fact, i'm always accused of the opposite.

Second, my Alliance is in gold 1 and we're trying to get to Plat 4 and we aren't using items hardly at all but we don't want to settle for Gold 1 either.

Third, they handled as best as they possible could. They are making so it would be as if the war never took place and for most, it didn't. They also gave us rewards as if all of us won that war even if we actually matched and lost. They have communicated right away about how they are handling it and have kept us updated. There's even a spread sheet showing where every alliance is placed so if you matched and had a war, you can do the math to see where you could end up ranking.

There isn't an easy answer here even if you think there is. Your solution hurts more people than you realize or want to admit. Getting rewards 2 weeks early or whatever isn't really a great band aid knowing the potential for better rewards is there.
    I said you’re assuming I’m here complaining to get more rewards, like you usually do. Meaning you think I’m complaining as that’s usually your first port of call to anyone. I don’t need to look at your comment history.

I don’t care where your alliance is and it should t really matter, 4 wars in, big mistake, cancel it and move on.
    More alliances have been effected by continuing then they would by stopping, paying out then moving forward the next. That’s not even up for debate.
    Potential rewards would have been available at an earlier date and not inconvenienced nearly as many people as it has by letting the situation develop then trying to fix it after it’s unfolded.
    Was easier for everyone and in my opinion the correct choice which I stated repeatedly in the previous thread on the issue.

I’m not sure how you conceive that getting rewards 2 weeks earlier then getting into another season 2 weeks earlier ‘or whatever’ hurts anyone but I have no real desire to try and change your opinion.

Still think they could have handled this better. That’s the crux of my thread in the first place.

• ms_5707983ms_5707983 Posts: 93
    Inconvenience? Lol you big baby 😂
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We apologize for the delayed rewards and understand that it is disappointing to have to wait for them, but it is a necessary action for us to resolve the remaining issues.
This discussion has been closed.