**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Adding higher potency alliance pots and making them unit only

WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
Cant say I'm surprised but it's still pretty disappointing to see honestly. Instead of just increasing potion potency like you did with questing, adding higher level potions but require using units for them is pretty lame

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

• Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    I rarely use my alliance potions in aq so I’ve been stocking up on higher level potions for war. To do this without giving every summoner the equivalent war potions to the alliance potions and revives currently in inventory would mean you are taking away inventory without recompense.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I believe we’ll be able to use glory for them

I rarely use my alliance potions in aq so I’ve been stocking up on higher level potions for war. To do this without giving every summoner the equivalent war potions to the alliance potions and revives currently in inventory would mean you are taking away inventory without recompense.

Yeah, we obviously dont know exactly how they'll be rolled out and whether these items will be in addition to what's already in game or we'll have to use the new items. Also don't know the cost yet but I have my doubts at them being particularly "cheap"
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Yeah, if they were available for glory, then they would have been under the glory tab, not the potion or boost tab...

Looks like it is unit only, unless they play to also have them in both places?
    SparkAlot said:

Yeah, if they were available for glory, then they would have been under the glory tab, not the potion or boost tab...

Basically what I reasoned as well.

We obviously don't have much in the way of details so if we get some clarification here or a forum announcement and breakdown soon that would be great
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

SparkAlot said:

Basically what I reasoned as well.

We obviously don't have much in the way of details so if we get some clarification here or a forum announcement and breakdown soon that would be great
    This.

And ponder reasons for the initial reaction from players on this thread (and most chats), which suggests the consensus expectation is that these will be Unit buys.

Dr. Zola
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Yeah, we obviously dont know exactly how they'll be rolled out and whether these items will be in addition to what's already in game or we'll have to use the new items. Also don't know the cost yet but I have my doubts at them being particularly "cheap"
    We can use old items as well. Just sucks that it's becoming more of a money making idea since if it's units, those who buy them can just spend on better boosts and potions for war.
    edited March 2020

• GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    1) Hopefully these higher level potions are available for glory and not just units.
    2) Hopefully these AW specific boosts last the ENTIRE attack phase.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    I'll reserve judgement for the final rollout/announcement, but at first glance this will only weaken an already dying game mode unfortunately. Will wait and see though. Let's hope we are missing something.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

I'll reserve judgement for the final rollout/announcement, but at first glance this will only weaken an already dying game mode unfortunately. Will wait and see though. Let's hope we are missing something.

Edit: Sorry, that sounds negative/doom and gloom. I have absolutely no problem with high end items being available for sale with units. If someone wants an advantage and is willing to use their resources for them I think it makes sense to offer it. The next step is to create the desire to want to push in AW again in general. So folks will actually want to spend units to have an edge.

However, this update does absolutely nothing to change the fact that the items available for glory are still not at reasonable/updated level for the current state of the game. Nothing in this update fixes that particular issue. It still ignores it. And I predict it will leave many players with a bad feeling about it. Personally, I think the best solution to raise enthusiastic participation in AW is simply to make the rewards something to be excited about. Then, one can make a personal decision as to whether spending units on the game mode is a good value for them.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Good points to consider. I'm not excited about them, but going to let this play out and examine it as it goes before giving the hammer of final judgment.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

The Potions and Revives will not be available for Glory, and the main place to obtain them will be for Units and as rewards in other parts of the Game. We want the Consumables that are purchased with Units to have more value while helping them stay more relevant to players.

I will look for info on the potency of each.

Just say you want us to spend more...Cash hungry as ever
    You don't need to spend any. You can use Glory for the older ones, or run lower if you need that many Pots.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    If these aren't like for like with standard questing potions/revives I'm going to be highly disappointed, as in 40 units for a 40% revive. Even then it's still frankly quite a poor move.

Alliance potions have needed an overhaul for a very long time. It currently costs around 5/6 lv4 potions to heal a R5 champion to full health - assuming you're not boosted - which costs a minimum of 1300 glory, again assuming you're buying one potion/day, rather than multiple.

If the revives and potions were changed to be % based rather than flat numbers they would stay relevant for longer and would interact with boosts without being a massive rip off. As R3 6* become more accessible to players, especially the top 1% who are going to be getting access to their first R3 in the next 6 months or so I dread to think how much it's going to cost to heal up a R3 champion.

Outside of the top ½ of masters bracket who can get through T1 wars and only drop a couple of deaths across the whole of the alliance/war you're making people choose between game modes which cannot be good design.
    Mauled said:

If these aren't like for like with standard questing potions/revives I'm going to be highly disappointed, as in 40 units for a 40% revive. Even then it's still frankly quite a poor move.

Alliance potions have needed an overhaul for a very long time. It currently costs around 5/6 lv4 potions to heal a R5 champion to full health - assuming you're not boosted - which costs a minimum of 1300 glory, again assuming you're buying one potion/day, rather than multiple.

If the revives and potions were changed to be % based rather than flat numbers they would stay relevant for longer and would interact with boosts without being a massive rip off. As R3 6* become more accessible to players, especially the top 1% who are going to be getting access to their first R3 in the next 6 months or so I dread to think how much it's going to cost to heal up a R3 champion.

Outside of the top ½ of masters bracket who can get through T1 wars and only drop a couple of deaths across the whole of the alliance/war you're making people choose between game modes which cannot be good design.

Healing a boosted R3 with lv4 pots is so much fun.....

I'm just glad we don't care about war or I couldn't afford it
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★

The Potions and Revives will not be available for Glory, and the main place to obtain them will be for Units and as rewards in other parts of the Game. We want the Consumables that are purchased with Units to have more value while helping them stay more relevant to players.

I’m kind felt it like the same as why lvl3 didn’t Chang because u can farm them in rol ect and here u can’t do it but we really need to get more from glory ikow we had to make chois and all that’s I’m happy you take the feedback to theme
    DNA3000 said:

Let me see if I have this straight. Right now you can buy potions with glory or with units. The ones you buy with units are just as powerful as the ones you can buy with glory. So if Kabam *increases* the strength of the potions you buy with units so that the ones that cost players more are now more powerful, this is interpreted as "Kabam wants us to spend more?"

Maybe they didn't do what you wanted, and maybe they didn't do enough in this area, but this seems to be an irrational complaint. I think most people would rationally say that the potions that cost units should be more powerful than the ones that cost glory. Whatever units you're spending now on potions, you're going to be spending fewer units now. How does this gain Kabam any more cash?

This seems to be a step in the right direction at least, but why should Kabam bother doing anything if an unambiguously positive step is seen as just a cash grab, a move that cannot *possibly* gain them any more cash?
    If it were a slight increase for small units, it would still be manageable. But looking at the new health potions, you can definitely say that the cost is definitely going to be high, which makes only either arena grinders or spenders actually be able to afford them. In the current potions with Glory, I can heal up an R5 champ after a revive in around 5 potions. In the new setup, you can heal an entire team in 1.